GUILTY UK - Mikaeel Kular, 3, Edinburgh, Scotland, 15 Jan 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi I just got my ipad edition of the Daily Record date 4th of March it reports on the front page and inside that Mikaeel died of internal bleeding and peritonitis on his death certificate.

Hi I just got my ipad edition of the Daily Record date 4th of March it reports on the front page and inside that Mikaeel died of internal bleeding and peritonitis on his death certificate.

What a horrible death.

Just checked - he was found just before midnight on Friday 17th. am a bit confused as to why the death cert would have a blatantly wrong date of death on. It must have been when he was formally declared dead but I still don't think that's the normal way of recording it.

So if mikaeel died from peritonitis then how would his mother inflict that on him...? She has and still is being charged with murder at the point?...

Sourced from Nhs website:

Common causes of peritonitis include:

1. a split stomach ulcer
2. a burst appendix
3. acute pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas)
4. severe trauma to the abdomen, such as a knife or gunshot wound
5. digestive disorders, such as Crohn's disease or diverticulitis

Point 4 instantly gave me chills! ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if mikaeel died from peritonitis then how would his mother inflict that on him...? She has and still is being charged with murder at the point?...

Sourced from Nhs website:

Common causes of peritonitis include:

1. a split stomach ulcer
2. a burst appendix
3. acute pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas)
4. severe trauma to the abdomen, such as a knife or gunshot wound
5. digestive disorders, such as Crohn's disease or diverticulitis

Point 4 instantly gave me chills! ...

Its not usually fatal, only if symptoms are ignored. So she knew he was sick and left him to that point. Could end up 3rd degree murder.

Its not usually fatal, only if symptoms are ignored. So she knew he was sick and left him to that point. Could end up 3rd degree murder.

True! And she dumped the body in the woods too. Pretty damn awful

Time of death was probably recorded that way because that is when the coroner declared it.

It sounds to me, if this case follows other child abuse cases, that the child received a severe blow to the abdomen and then was left to suffer and die instead of his mom getting him medical attention. That child must have been in severe pain for a prolonged period.

The official guidance to doctors on completing a death certificate says it should be the time of death as far as can be estimated, not the time life was declared extinct. So maybe this is an error on the certificate.

http://www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/files2/stats/death-certificates/f11-notes-and-form-1jan99todate.pdf

I wonder if it could be the 8th rather than the 18th. The media are all quoting the same info, but I haven't seen a picture of the certificate. When was he last seen again?

ETA: the 7th was the day he was supposed to be back at nursery and wasn't because RK said he had a cold; the 9th was the date the men accused of killing her friend last year appeared in court. Intriguing.

The official guidance to doctors on completing a death certificate says it should be the time of death as far as can be estimated, not the time life was declared extinct. So maybe this is an error on the certificate.

http://www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/files2/stats/death-certificates/f11-notes-and-form-1jan99todate.pdf

I wonder if it could be the 8th rather than the 18th. The media are all quoting the same info, but I haven't seen a picture of the certificate. When was he last seen again?

ETA: the 7th was the day he was supposed to be back at nursery and wasn't because RK said he had a cold; the 9th was the date the men accused of killing her friend last year appeared in court. Intriguing.

This is what I thought, I used to work in probate so have seen hundreds of death certs, and am pretty sure some of them gave vague timings suggesting that the exact time of death was estimated. Strange....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee
Back