GUILTY UK - Mylee Billingham, 8, murdered, West Midlands, 20 Jan 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
'Stop it daddy'
The mum continued: “Mylee was standing on the drive. She was crying and she was upset and she was shouting ‘Mummy. Stop it daddy.’
“He walked towards her and grabbed her by the hood and he dragged her back in the door.
“She was saying ‘mummy’ and then he slammed the door shut.
“I went to the door and tried to get in. I tried the handle. I could not get in.
“Mylee was saying’ ‘mummy, mummy’.
“I went to a window and looked through but I could not see Mylee or Bill. Her voice had stopped.”
Miss Taundry said she called 999.

Poor Mylee, thats just heartbreaking.

Mylee Billingham: Updates as Dad on trial accused of murder

'Stop it daddy'
The mum continued: “Mylee was standing on the drive. She was crying and she was upset and she was shouting ‘Mummy. Stop it daddy.’
“He walked towards her and grabbed her by the hood and he dragged her back in the door.
“She was saying ‘mummy’ and then he slammed the door shut.
“I went to the door and tried to get in. I tried the handle. I could not get in.
“Mylee was saying’ ‘mummy, mummy’.
“I went to a window and looked through but I could not see Mylee or Bill. Her voice had stopped.”
Miss Taundry said she called 999.

#

Poor Mylee, thats just heartbreaking.

Just caught up on all those updates from today.
Could this really have all been a sudden event - anyone else think this seems to have happened due to a build up of previous circumstances? Could it have been avoided?
Hope I'm not speaking out of turn, must wait for all the evidence of course. Trying to understand the mind of a murderer is of course impossible......

This is not a particularly reputable newspaper but it sheds some light on what happened -

End of a "friends with benefits" relationship between the parents due to mother starting a new relationship.
At least one threatening visit from the father to the mothers home, father appearing "jittery".
Explicit and harassing texts from father.
A few days build up and a threat to stab the mother immediately prior to stabbing of Mylee.

Mylee Billingham's mum 'got sexual text from dad' day before 'murder'

Poor mum and poor poor little girl.

I guess this is going to be the basis of WB's defence (I don't see how he has a hope of getting off with this though):

12:29
'It never happened'
The jury was told that PC Rick Sharp went to hospital to see Billingham and heard him saying “it never happened” quietly a number of times.

“When we approached him he kept his eyes closed,” the officer said.

PC Sharp told the dad he was there to arrest him for the murder of his daughter.

12:50
Dad claimed he could not remember
On February 9, Billingham was taken to a custody suite and charged with threatening to kill Tracey Taundry.

In an interview, Billingham said he understood murder to be taking someone else’s life.

He said he could not recall saying “it never happened” a number of times in hospital.

The defendant also said he could not remember saying “I did not rape my daughter”.

“I do not recall any of the things that have been said about the 20th,” he said.

He said he remembered picking up Mylee from school, having a Chinese and staying at his elder daughter’s home.

“Waking up in hospital is the next thing I remember,” he said.

13:05
Dad says: 'I never wanted to hurt her'
Billingham told police: “I still find it hard to believe. I never wanted to hurt her. I did not want to lose her.”

He added: “She is amazing. She is a proper child. She is always full of energy, singing and dancing.

“We looked forward to Fridays more than anything. Our relationship was like peas in a pod.”

13:07
Mylee would visit on Fridays
In a second interview he said Mylee would regularly come to see him on a Friday.

“She would spend half an hour on YouTube but then say ‘Dad, can we have a game.’”

Billingham said they would sometimes go for a game of pool.

Her behaviour was “perfect” and he never had to chastise her, he said.

Sounds like it Legally. He can see how clear it is that he killed Mylee, no option to say his hand slipped or similar, so only choice left is the I cant remember anything story.

I guess this is going to be the basis of WB's defence (I don't see how he has a hope of getting off with this though):

He said he could not recall saying “it never happened” a number of times in hospital.

The defendant also said he could not remember saying “I did not rape my daughter”.

“I do not recall any of the things that have been said about the 20th,” he said.
RSBM

Wait, what? I didn't realise this was a part of it - has this been mentioned elsewhere in the reporting? I'm wondering why he would even mention that if not being accused directly when questioned, or if it actually happened and he wanted to get his denial in early?

RSBM

Wait, what? I didn't realise this was a part of it - has this been mentioned elsewhere in the reporting? I'm wondering why he would even mention that if not being accused directly when questioned, or if it actually happened and he wanted to get his denial in early?
Yeah, it stuck out to me too. I guess if there was any of evidence of that there would be charges. I hope it didn't happen for Mylee's sake.

From WBs evidence

"I can't remember posting that picture of Mylee on my Facebook that night.

"She was just in my head - the internet - it was just snowballing - I didn't want to lose her to the internet.

"Something wasn't right in my head that night.

"I did stab Mylee, I did, I know it must have been me.

"I just remember feeling pain. I just wanted to be with her.

Mylee Billingham's dad claimed he wanted to 'protect her so she'd stay a child'

so he didnt want to **lose** her to the internet - but was happy to post pictures of her on Facebook ???

Just reading through the pathologist's evidence, that's an awful lot of injuries - and not all of them seem to be directly connected to the knife attack.
Considering this murder was supposed to have happened in a matter of seconds/minutes, after WB dragged Mylee back inside his house, then it sounds as though there were already injuries that had been caused earlier ?

Daily List for Monday 24 September 2018 at The Crown Court Birmingham

Court 4
- sitting at 10:30 AM

HIS HONOUR JUDGE P FARRER QC

Trial (Part Heard)

T20187607
BILLINGHAM William P

20WS0052818

This whole trial makes me feel really uncomfortable. I think the only explanation for a not-guilty plea is to try and punish TT. I know he's denied that was the reason for killing Mylee, but 'protecting her from the internet' is just utter nonsense.

I just wish he had the decency to call this all off now. He's put TT through the pain of testifying, I don't see what else he has to gain.

The verdict is only heading one way and he's hardly scoring any sympathy points with his BS.

This is all that is showing on the Court lists. I thought there might be limited reporting ( as in the Emile Cilliers case ) but from this further info, it looks as though there will be none at all. So no idea of whether or not WB is attending court today.

Reporting Restrictions. For details please contact the Court Manager Reporting restrictions have been applied (i.e. details cannot be released to the public) due to the sensitive nature of the case.

Billingham did not attend Birmingham Crown Court on Friday because of illness.

He was again absent from the dock on Monday.

Adjourning the case until Tuesday, Judge Paul Farrer QC told the jury panel: "I am afraid Mr Billingham is still unfit to attend court.

"At the moment, the court doesn't have as much information as to his condition as I would like. But one thing that's perfectly clear is that we are not going to be able to make any progress with this trial today."

Mylee Billingham murder trial adjourned as dad unfit to attend court

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee
Back