Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
they neither approved or disapproved - but making efforts to identify the owner
thanks for link

'We are aware of reports in the media about a red van being reported to us and we would like to stress that while this has been reported to us and we are making efforts to identify the owner at this time there is nothing to suggest this was anything other than one of many hundreds of vehicles in the area that morning.'

Imagine Nicola was your mum/wife/sister/daughter. I think very few of us would accept that she’s dead with apparently no evidence, not just to prove it, but to even indicate that she did fall in the river and drown.

I certainly wouldn’t and I don’t think this is being delusional. I think it’s very understandable to feel like this. Add to this the fact that believing her to be dead feels almost a betrayal, as though you’ve given up on her.

In this country we all understand the importance of evidence. We don’t put people in prison without evidence and many decisions we make as individuals are made on the basis of evidence.

Asking people to accept the horrifying death of someone you love, based on a phone on a bench near a river, is too much, particularly as she hasn’t been missing for months or years.

Hope isn’t just the thing with feathers, it’s what sustains us through the bleakest and most frightening of times. It’s all they have. Little wonder they are clinging onto it. I would be too.
If you were in the family's position what would you be hoping for ?
That she had been abducted and probably dead by now, or that she had left of her own accord, abandoning her family ?

We also continue to see a huge amount of commentary from so-called experts, ill-informed speculation and conspiracy theories which is damaging to the investigation, the community of St Michael’s and, worst of all, to Nicola’s family. It must stop.'

Good to see this.
They are acknowledging the harm being caused.
Snipped for clarity.

To be honest, some of the comments on here may fall into the category of ‘commentary from so-called experts, ill informed speculation and conspiracy theories.’

It might be they are talking about this forum and others like it. I’d hate to think that I have added to their pain, but have always been respectful of Nicola and her family and would never discuss personal issues relating to her health, (both mental and physical) or her relationships or made jokes.

I really hope I haven’t caused any upset.

From todays Lancashire Police Timeline

Timeline

8.26am- Nicola leaves her home address with her children

8.40am- Nicola drops the children off at school and has a brief conversation with another parent.

8.43am – Nicola walked along the path by the River Wyre towards the gate/bench into the lower field, having dropped her children off at school

8:47am (approximately) - A dog-walker – somebody who knows Nicola – saw her walking around the lower field with her dog. Their two dogs interacted briefly before the witness left the field via the river path

8.53am – She sent an email to her boss

8.59 am- She sent message to a friend

9.01am – She logged into a Teams call

9.10am (approximately) – A witness – somebody who knows Nicola – saw her on the upper field walking her dog, Willow. Work is ongoing today to establish exactly what time this was.

9.20- Her phone was back in the area of the bench

9.30am – The Teams call ended but Nicola stayed logged on

9.33am (approximately) – Nicola’s mobile phone and Willow were found at a bench by the river by another dog-walker.

Why has the 9.33am entry become another dog walker when it has been stated multiple times (including press interviews) that one female person was simply walking and a second person (male) had a dog?
Is it any wonder people are questioning everything about this case when even the Police are for some reason not being crystal clear in an official timeline?

Isn't it normal practice to look (or at least ask owners to look) in gardens/out buildings etc when there is a missing person locally?
Obviously you could refuse without a warrant but I would have thought it would have been done already (am only basing this on police looking in my garden shed for a chap that had gone missing locally)

thanks for link

'We are aware of reports in the media about a red van being reported to us and we would like to stress that while this has been reported to us and we are making efforts to identify the owner at this time there is nothing to suggest this was anything other than one of many hundreds of vehicles in the area that morning.'

I don't understand why people are trying to shut this down.

Police have said it's a line of enquiry they are looking into?
It's a valid topic.

The hundreds of cars they are referring to is most likely the drivers that used the main road,
which they have written letters to.

IMO

If a dog is unsettled because either they have seen their owner fall in the water or their owner has just disappeared, how would they react if a stranger came along and tried to tie them to a bench?
Bad enough to have been found loose again.

Ah ok I listened to the interview as well and that wasn’t how I thought she meant it, but yes can see when you say it like that it could that mean it to.
Sometimes you can see things differently in written form. Hence, one of the main reasons I started transcribing pressers/interviews etc. Sometimes MSM takes the words out of context for a juicier headline.

No word of it ever being searched or even mentioned by police. Again huge error imo. It caught my attention right away as it's near where she was last spotted
Yes it is only about 80 m - 100m bench and although not directly accessible (bushes separate it from the field) those bushes are probably free of leaves at this time of year and she might have followed her dog to the edge there. If the police have not searched it they probably have information not released as it seems obvious to search it

I don't understand why people are trying to shut this down.

Police have said it's a line of enquiry they are looking into?
It's a valid topic.

The hundreds of cars they are referring to is most likely the drivers that used the main road,
which they have written letters to.

IMO
Have you seen the reports of vigilantes? I can see criminal damage or hounding of innocent people driving red vans.

Which I think is what they are doing.
The last 2 of your options are essentially the same - looking for evidence of her exit, which they haven't yet found.
Only if they see her in the company of another person could they begin to consider a crime option.

No, Claudia Lawrence was never seen in the company of another person and that became a murder enquiry after 5 weeks.

The police seem pretty sure that Nicola went into the river. My view is that they believe this because her Fitbit measured this, fed into apple health and possibly showed it to be below sea level.
I believe that Nicola was abducted, they left the phone on the bench so she couldn’t be tracked and then for the same reason, took the Fitbit off and threw it in the river, for it to then be washed away and gone forever.

Last edited:
This is the timeline.
NOTHING has changed from the outset.

Timeline

8.26am- Nicola leaves her home address with her children

8.40am- Nicola drops the children off at school and has a brief conversation with another parent.

8.43am – Nicola walked along the path by the River Wyre towards the gate/bench into the lower field, having dropped her children off at school

8:47am (approximately) - A dog-walker – somebody who knows Nicola – saw her walking around the lower field with her dog. Their two dogs interacted briefly before the witness left the field via the river path

8.53am – She sent an email to her boss

8.59 am- She sent message to a friend

9.01am – She logged into a Teams call

9.10am (approximately) – A witness – somebody who knows Nicola – saw her on the upper field walking her dog, Willow. Work is ongoing today to establish exactly what time this was.

9.20- Her phone was back in the area of the bench

9.30am – The Teams call ended but Nicola stayed logged on

9.33am (approximately) – Nicola’s mobile phone and Willow were found at a bench by the river by another dog-walker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member