Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO I've discounted the river theory, and knocked down all the other straw men that I can think of, other than one. I'll not elaborate on the identity of anyone that I think may have been involved but will say that I strongly suspect that there was an altercation of some sort with a local person(s) over Willow being off the lead resulting in an assault that proved accidentally fatal. This was then covered up, including signposting early investigation towards the river. I agree with PA that the answer is local. The Police would do well to deploy cadaver dogs among the properties between the bench and Garstang Road.

I'm quite happy to be confounded by the truth when it is known. In all the theorising, we mustn't lose sight of the fact that a real human being is missing. My thoughts are for her, and her family and friends.
Pretty sure police are aware of the various speculations. Probably most will be consigned to fantasy (think I've seen aliens mentioned somewhere) but hopefully they will latch onto any with a shred of credibility.

If there is no evidence of 3rd party criminality, which to date, seems to be the case, then police are powerless to investigate

Has this always been the case with policing or is this a recent change? Have we always had this level of “permissive” policing which assumes the facts as they are told and can’t conduct interior searches unless there is any specific evidence? It just seems odd to me that the local area, especially the close dwellings, eg caravans have not been gone over with a fine tooth comb to look for evidence, even if done purely to rule out 3rd party involvement!
I’d be interested to know if this is the case, why this is and what brought about the change. Maybe I’m just an old cynic and never fully believe everything I’m told! (All MOO and not targeting any specific individual with this comment).

Clearly Nicola was abducted, otherwise she would have her phone on her person
Another reason for her phone being left on the bench was that she left it there intentionally as she went down to the water temporarily, such as a rinse something or something dog related. I was was abducting someone in this spot I would have thrown their phone in the river because I would have assumed the phone was not on silent and everything could have been heard.

I do hope they've also identified and spoken with the people in the background of the 'witness lady in a red coat' Ring photo that the police issued when they were asking said person to come forward. I wish I could find (refind?) confirmation of exactly what time that photo/video still was taken, because to my (photographer's) eye, it really does look suspiciously like a tall man with his hand/arm on the shoulder of a blonde, much smaller woman who has her head hanging downwards in a very subdued-looking manner, on the other side of the road to Red Coat Lady. IMHO.

(Link to an article including that Ring camera frame) -

Yes,could be man in a gilet with pale t-shirt underneath, or a gym vest, but prob too cold for that. And lady with a ponytail and perhaps outline of dog with some white fur between them.

Thinking about PA's' gut instinct' (said on the Channel 5 programme) that NB wasn't in the river: at first I thought that this might be his way of holding onto a sliver of hope but now I'm thinking that his gut instinct should really be respected and listened to by the police. He is the person who is closest to NB and knows her habits, personality, routines and friends probably better than anybody else (I can't of course include work contacts there). I'm thinking about all the many, many times that I have had a strong gut instinct about something happening to my husband, and vice versa, and how they've often been proven to be correct in the end, even when we have seemed to have no way of knowing things for sure. JMO.

This is one of the things I dislike about this search tool. It can be fooled by something as basic as a piece of underwater vegetation.
Has anyone from the area called the city council to see what the date was when the cctv in the area stopped working? I’m surprised no one has contacted the council to find out.

If there is no evidence of 3rd party criminality, which to date, seems to be the case, then police are powerless to investigate

Has this always been the case with policing or is this a recent change? Have we always had this level of “permissive” policing which assumes the facts as they are told and can’t conduct interior searches unless there is any specific evidence? It just seems odd to me that the local area, especially the close dwellings, eg caravans have not been gone over with a fine tooth comb to look for evidence, even if done purely to rule out 3rd party involvement!
I’d be interested to know if this is the case, why this is and what brought about the change. Maybe I’m just an old cynic and never fully believe everything I’m told! (All MOO and not targeting any specific individual with this comment).
You can't investigate what isn't there in the first place.
In these days particularly, a case that is consuming manpower and going nowhere will soon be shut down

Thinking about PA's' gut instinct' (said on the Channel 5 programme) that NB wasn't in the river: at first I thought that this might be his way of holding onto a sliver of hope but now I'm thinking that his gut instinct should really be respected and listened to by the police. He is the person who is closest to NB and knows her habits, personality, routines and friends probably better than anybody else (I can't of course include work contacts there). I'm thinking about all the many, many times that I have had a strong gut instinct about something happening to my husband, and vice versa, and how they've often been proven to be correct in the end, even when we have seemed to have no way of knowing things for sure. JMO.
I don't know. I think if it was my loved one, even if on the balance of probability I thought 'actually it sounds like they are in the river' if there was even 10% of me that thought something else could possibly had happened, I would focus on expressing that to the public and the police knowing that the river is already being searched anyway.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for sleuthing a non POI>
NB’s LinkedIn profile clearly states she is self employed. I’ve always wondered why the media refer to her as employed and her ‘boss’. I agree, as you say very common in her profession for this set up IME.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anything been revealed as to the location of the phone when the email to work, message to friend and logging on to the teams meeting occurred. To me it makes sense she was sat on the bench at the time and therefore could have left it on there while tending to Willow on the fields. This then opens up the option of something happening on the upper field. I think they've said "placed on the bench at 9.20" but this can be interpreted more than one way

Has anything been revealed as to the location of the phone when the email to work, message to friend and logging on to the teams meeting occurred. To me it makes sense she was sat on the bench at the time and therefore could have left it on there while tending to Willow on the fields. This then opens up the option of something happening on the upper field. I think they've said "placed on the bench at 9.20" but this can be interpreted more than one way

I don't know. I think if it was my loved one, even if on the balance of probability I thought 'actually it sounds like they are in the river' if there was even 10% of me that thought something else could possibly had happened, I would focus on expressing that to the public and the police knowing that the river is already being searched anyway.
Yes, true. I just thought that PA sounded very sure when he said '100%' that he didn't believe her to be in the river. Not so much like he knew what had happened, but that he had a strong, strong instinct telling him otherwise. JMO.

If you check out Gray Hughes video he does a good job of placing where she was at certain points that morning when texting and e-mailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298