Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we confirm that the caravan park owner (which caravan park?) found the phone at 9.33am but did not report it? Can we assume or do we know that this witness saw that Willow was running free and the harness and lead were on the ground at 9.33am? I'm finding this part of the timeline increasingly hard to believe. Is there any relationship between this witness and the witness who reported it to the school?
Yes it's been confirmed by the police and many MSM articles. All the info. has been discussed over many threads and can also be found on the media only thread:

I believe the person who reported to the school is the caravan park owners daughter (or daughter in law) - who is on NB’s Facebook friends list.
My understanding is that the caravan park owner found the fone at 0933,but the call to the school was made around 1050 by her daughter-in-law. I am not clear on the cirumstances of that time lapse or whether the fone was removed from the bench area at any point before PA arrived at the scene after he was notified.

If accidental drowning at the bench would have produced a body by now, and abduction is so awkward without a witness, what scenarios are left? She got involved in an altercation at the bench. In the heat of the moment, it continued up the path on the other side of the weir got violent and NB ended up in the tidal part of the river, and out to sea. Or NB left on her own accord, perhaps entering the area without a hat and leaving with a hat on, making it much more difficult to recognise/witness her. Perhaps intending to come back later or send a message, but neither transpired. If there was a third party, my guess is she knew him/her, but others close to her may not.

Maybe it is just a figure of speech but it intrigued me that both PA and PF said they were "100%" sure that the MP is not in the River.

IMO the only way that this would be statistically possible unless the whole river was stanked off and drained and checked properly would be if they knew where she is.

It is an odd choice of language IMO.

My understanding is that the caravan park owner found the fone at 0933,but the call to the school was made around 1050 by her daughter-in-law. I am not clear on the cirumstances of that time lapse or whether the fone was removed from the bench area at any point before PA arrived at the scene after he was notified.
Did the person who first found the phone and Willow have a look in the river?

IIRC originally I heard there were two people, not together but happened upon the bench around the same time. One recognized NB by her lock screen picture on her phone and called a friend who called the school. The school then called NB's partner. Isn't that what was reported earlier on?
Thanks. There has been so much traffic on WS, social media and the MSM that it's difficult to recall what was reported near the beginning. So the whole account from 9.33am to the alarm being raised revolves around witness reports by two related witnesses?

Can anyone remember where the string comes into it? Seems odd to use string to tie Willow up if the harness and lead are on the ground in plain sight.

Thanks. There has been so much traffic on WS, social media and the MSM that it's difficult to recall what was reported near the beginning. So the whole account from 9.33am to the alarm being raised revolves around witness reports by two related witnesses?

Can anyone remember where the string comes into it? Seems odd to use string to tie Willow up if the harness and lead are on the ground in plain sight.
Social media so not proven fact.

The string myth was first raised on FB by a gobby friend who has, thankfully, slunk away into obscurity

I still have my doubts this was Nicola on the Ring Doorbell footage
View attachment 402181
You do know this was actually from Nicola's OWN doorbell camera??

8:26 am. - Nicola left her home address with her children and I know there's been CCTV images from her doorbell footage that have been released that may jog someone's memory.

Presser

I know nothing about sewage, or the river Wyre itself but thought the link below was interesting as it involves flooding and centres on St. Michael’s. I’m not sure if it has any relevance but it is the same village -

Actually, thank you for this. I have wondered from the beginning:
1) does the river maybe have "backflow" areas from older structures in disrepair? (Maybe even structures hundreds of years old.)
2) could something flow into, or get caught on, one of these areas for a period of time?
3) something might only then 'wash out' .. during a period of high flooding. (?)

As I am not a hydrologist, I could only imagine that a person's body (sadly) could become 'hidden' very soon after immersion, and then only emerge later when there is a substantial rainstorm.

Much gratitude as this article shows how the Wyre is EVEN more complex than I thought.

Moo.

Actually, thank you for this. I have wondered from the beginning:
1) does the river maybe have "backflow" areas from older structures in disrepair? (Maybe even structures hundreds of years old.)
2) could something flow into, or get caught on, one of these areas for a period of time?
3) something might only then 'wash out' .. during a period of high flooding. (?)

As I am not a hydrologist, I could only imagine that a person's body (sadly) could become 'hidden' very soon after immersion, and then only emerge later when there is a substantial rainstorm.

Much gratitude as this article shows how the Wyre is EVEN more complex than I thought.

Moo.
IMG_20230211_204514.jpg

Top right of the old map there is a black rectangle. I think this indicates an old building and I think it was a boathouse.

To me this would suggest some remaining structures in the area. I'm sure someone with such a nice big house would use the river for boating if possible. Maybe a small steam launch for a jaunt with the lady. What could be nicer?

Maybe not but that building is right by the river whatever it is.

Basing this on my previous assumption that it was a normal day/walk and NB arrived back at the bench at the end of her walk and stopped to put Willow back on her harness/lead at 9.20am (time police state phone was on bench)

I think the most confusing time frame of the day is between 9.33 when Willow was allegedly found until 10.50 when PA was called by the school. What was happening at the river/park during this time?

9.33 Witness finds phone/dog

The woman, who runs a business in picturesque St Michaels on Wyre, said she knew of Ms Bulley and hoped nothing 'bad' had happened to her.

Speaking today, she said: 'I saw the dog and I recognised it, but I suddenly couldn't think whose dog it was.

'There was a mobile phone on the bench and there was also something between the bench and the river so I went and looked, and it was a dog harness.

'The dog looked worried so I tied her up and rushed home as I had to go to an appointment.

'I then went and spoke to my daughter-in-law and she immediately knew who the dog was, alerted the woman's partner and that was it - the police were on it

How long did it take for the conversation with DIL and how long for someone to go back to Willow after she was tied up? Did no other witnesses arrive at the area and see Willow during this time? Was she alone? Why did it take so long to call PA if someone went back immediately?

10.15-10.30 - PA starts to get worried about NB not returning home from her walk and calls her phone. Once to her phone, once via her WhatsApp and once more to her phone (as per PA interview transcript)

PA called the phone 3 times during this time frame. Did no one hear it ringing if the mobile had already been found? A mobile can be answered if it rings without having to be unlocked?

So I got in the car, drove down there, ran down the river to where the bench is. Somebody had Willow and obviously there was a few other dog walkers there and stuff like that. Handed me Willow, handed me Nikki's phone. So I've rung the police at like.. about 10:50 and they were there, they got there at 25 past. So they were there really, really quick.

If NB didn't fall in the river between 9.20 and 9.33 then something else was happening during this time and maybe even beyond the 9.33 timeframe. What time did other witnesses arrive in the area as they were there when PA arrived? Are there statements from them as I don't remember seeing them?

View attachment 402413

Top right of the old map there is a black rectangle. I think this indicates an old building and I think it was a boathouse.

To me this would suggest some remaining structures in the area. I'm sure someone with such a nice big house would use the river for boating if possible. Maybe a small steam launch for a jaunt with the lady. What could be nicer?

Maybe not but that building is right by the river whatever it is.
Yeah no I wouldn't thank you for a river ride at 9 am on a very cold foggy winter's day!

IIRC originally I heard there were two people, not together but happened upon the bench around the same time. One recognized NB by her lock screen picture on her phone and called a friend who called the school. The school then called NB's partner. Isn't that what was reported earlier on?
Yes, I read that too, but can't find it now. IIRC it was a woman (who saw the lead?) and a man (who saw the phone on the ground?). Def reported 2 people, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Her Orangeness