Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most people in England would refer to people from Essex as southerners, I can't think what other word might used, especially by people In the NW
Would they? I genuinely did not know that. To me, Essex is a county in the East of England. Eastenders, etc. Sussex would be Southerners.

I’ve been saying this all along. It’s the one thing about all of this that I find unusual.

Somebody slipping and falling in a river….I can believe. That is still the most likely scenario to me.

Somebody stumbling upon an abandoned dog and mobile phone and not immediately calling the police upon realising that the owner of two valuable possessions is nowhere in sight, next to a river….I can’t believe.
Same here, I'd also like to know if they looked in the river as she's only been missing a maximum of 13 minutes

Or she could have left it by the bench while she sorted the dog out (harness found on bank) or she could have had a tussle with someone near the waters edge. Too many possibilities and nothing conclusive sadly....
You're right, if you believe she returned to that bench. We still don't know for sure that she did return to that bench, she was last seen by a known witness in the upper field, we know she had her phone in her possession then as she sent an email to her boss and then logged onto a Teams work call.
Last known sighting of her was in the upper field, if you believe that witness and they are entirely uninvolved, that is. (Presumably the police have checked this witness out and discounted them).
But lets say she did return to that bench, she may have been taken right there, it's far riskier than being grabbed in the upper field with a nearby road giving an easy exit (which is where I believe it happened, if she was abducted) but it's possible, and she was knocked out and dragged into the woods nearby the bench, then put in transport and moved. But my bet is still on the upper field as it has a road leading to it and is a CCTV blind spot.
If she was abducted, whoever did it, planned it well, has done it before and is practiced at it.
Either that or she just left her own life voluntarily.

That’s fine, but as you say, she would have had her car keys with her - at least. Very possibly headphones too. Have they released the brand of car?
In an interview here with NB's neighbour there is a paragraph after the jubilee party photo (Willow in foreground) which includes a description of the keys and Mercedes/other key rings. Paul has clarified that the keys were NOT left behind in the car

As mentioned previously today on here, NB is not a Southerner. She's from Essex originally.

Essex is 'Southern' to most people - there's a very tight link between London and Essex too as many Londoners, especially East Londoners moved out to Essex and continue to do so.

I do hope they've also identified and spoken with the people in the background of the 'witness lady in a red coat' Ring photo that the police issued when they were asking said person to come forward. I wish I could find (refind?) confirmation of exactly what time that photo/video still was taken, because to my (photographer's) eye, it really does look suspiciously like a tall man with his hand/arm on the shoulder of a blonde, much smaller woman who has her head hanging downwards in a very subdued-looking manner, on the other side of the road to Red Coat Lady. IMHO.

(Link to an article including that Ring camera frame) -

Where on the road, which of these shows the area you speak of?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230212-140535_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230212-140535_Samsung Internet.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20230212-140546_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230212-140546_Samsung Internet.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 70
Essex is 'Southern' to most people - there's a very tight link between London and Essex too as many Londoners, especially East Londoners moved out to Essex and continue to do so.
Thank you - and my own relatives did that during WWII so you think I'd know better really! I stand corrected and can refer to NB as a Southerner now without feeling confused.

I have studied the pictures of the river, but have a question. The area of water near where NB was walking, near the banks, is the water still/calm or does it have a flow to it there?

Assuming Nicola would have had her car keys on her, is it possible that Mercedes might be able to track the key? Not sure how old her car is but if it‘s a fairly newish one and depending on the spec, I do wonder if Merc might be able to track the location of the keys.
It has now been reported that NB had her keys which I presume will be made from metal.

I’ve mentioned magnet fishing in a previous post (possibly removed by mods, I find it extremely difficult to understand the rules in full so forgive me) in relation to NB fit bit. Now that we have some information regarding the keys, perhaps magnet fishing isn’t such a bad idea?

I’ve seen you tube videos relating to magnet fishing but is there anybody on here that knows a bit more about it and how it’s done, what type of magnets etc?

If the sonar machines/divers/drones etc missed her perhaps just by inches if NB was in the reeds or in the deep hole 7 (according to anglers association see previous post for links as can’t find it) , a magnet strong enough might help if the keys are still in NB pocket? I don’t know, what’s peoples thoughts? Is it possible?

I have studied the pictures of the river, but have a question. The area of water near where NB was walking, near the banks, is the water still/calm or does it have a flow to it there?
According to the river recovery expert, it was very slow flowing, also he said it was only a few feet deep, so Nicola, if she had fallen in and been conscious, could have just stood up. If she was unconscious, her body would sink and his team would have found her.

9.10 - Nicola was seen in the top field (at a distance) by someone who recognised her, their dogs interacted. Her phone was linked to works conference call on mute. Dog was running free (presumably Nicola had the harness & lead over her shoulder).
From then onwards there are no witness sightings.
IF, IF someone known to Nicola then entered either the top or lower field rushed up to her, told her, say, there was a problem at school with the children, IMO she may have called the dog, but if Willow didn't immediately respond (rushing off chasing squirrels) it would be understandable if Nicola urgently left the scene & went with the familiar person to attend to her children.
It would not be unheard of then for such predator to return to place her phone, lead & harness near the river. Willow, the dog, now knowing where Nicola was, may have made her own way there as it was a spot she was familiar with.
Wouldn't the school phone rather than sending someone running to look for Nicola? And you would send a member of the staff, so it would be noticed who had disappeared?

I grew up a 5 minute walk from junior school, with landline as there were no mobiles in those days, and there was always a call if something was wrong; no-one walked to the house, even though they knew exactly where it was.

I agree, much too chilly to sit for any length of time. Which also begs the question, if she was wearing headphones and not expected to provide input to the call, why not continue back to the car?
RSBM.

I don't disagree, she would also have been ready to drive home immediately after the call ended at 9.30 if already at the car. (Would that have been important to her?)

I'm now wondering if she could have planned to leave the fields shortly after the last witness sighting to do just that, but unless she was intercepted at the gate itself, it would take at least two people to abduct her in one direction and take Willow back the other way. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper