Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After this evening’s developments I think this now gives a realistic hope that Nicola will be still alive somewhere & I quoted the comment made right in the beginning by her close friend EW that she may of taken herself away to have some time on her own…

Also explains the approach by the LE to not waste too much, time, money & effort on the investigation when they knew what we do now

If that was me and I knew the entire country knew about my struggles then I'd not want to come back. JMO MOO

It's also quite likely/possible IMO that following the welfare check a safeguarding referral would have been made in relation to the children. Just as a matter of course (am not suggesting they were experiencing direct harm) but parental mental health difficulties in combination with domestic issues/conflict/alcohol misuse would usually lead to a routine referral. This might have been incredibly difficult for Nicola.
Absolutely. Police would have completed a PPN which would alert school, GP and potentially CSD

If pre-planned would you have bothered with a Teams meeting? Probably incredibly boring, so likely more of a spur of the moment thing
Yes exactly. Sorry I maybe one of few that will not take this at face value.
<modsnip - off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with the first para but it seems that LE have spent a significant amount of resources on this case, certainly under the spotlight of a hugely interested public, but still. I'd expect some blowback should NB be found having some "me time" even as the investigation struggles on around her, but I don't think that's the case.

The Leah Croucher case comes to mind as one where the family did everything they could to keep LC alive in the public imagination -- at a terrible cost -- but couldn't seem to manage it.

Also, I hope not to have hear from PF for a good long while. Egads.
The main thing is it gives hope NB is alive whereas in all honesty it wasn’t looking that way for some time in this missing person disappearance

PF really is tone deaf, isn't he? Someone needs to tell him that it's not about him and his gigantic sonar technology.
Plus in the previous presser ( not today's) Supt Riley was asked a question relating to PF and she replied that he was given no more information than a member of the public.
I assume there's also a reason that PA did not tell him either.

That's a myth about depression <modsnip> assuming people can't function while suffering from it.
I would have to agree. There are many people who suffer from a very severe form of MDD but still go on about their lives seemingly 100% "normal" and absolutely "functional" but behind closed doors are suffering so severely in silence that just knowing what they're really thinking, feeling and the misery they endure on a daily basis would truly shock people to their very core.

I see what you are saying but ... literally 20 minutes before she had been engaging with passersby, logging into a Teams call, etc. -- it's difficult to see how one could swing from ordinary everyday routine (removing dog harness in field, etc.) to completely irrational and uncaring about the dog's fate, in a matter of fewer than 20 minutes.

Very perplexing.
In my experience (not personal) there's not necessarily swings of behaviour, nor any evidence of a heavy drinker unless you look for it or recognise it. Someone who drinks consistently over a period of time and is dependent on alcohol is never actually sober, you never meet the sober person and their life is carefully controlled and arranged around their need.
It is possible to hold down a high - paying and responsible job, drive a car regularly, support a family, and appear to function like any one else in daily life, sometimes for a very long while.

I suppose the police didn't want to break data protection rules regarding her medical issues.....quite not sure why they've done it now though.
Doesn't change the fact she's missing - whatever she suffers from.

Unfortunately they may have concluded the chances of her being found are so low it's OK to say stuff :(

I feel quite strongly to say that just because someone was struggling with the menopause and drinking too much, it doesn't mean she took her own life. It just means that she was struggling and the people around her may have been aware, some may have found it difficult to cope with - that puts her at risk of all forms of tragic events or actions unfolding including being involved in a fatal dispute or fatal event that has nothing to do with suicide.

I wonder how long she has been struggling re alcohol, if she drank during the day or drove the car after having a drink. I wonder if she was undergoing any therapy or addiction sessions. The photos from that morning from the doorbell show her hair tied up and carrying what looked like a water bottle. I wonder what happened in the house the night before and in the morning before she left. There were clearly ongoing issues yet they appeared as if they were the perfect family.

Imo there has been no such suggestion. But the balance of her thinking and her mood may have been affected.
The effect of chronic alcoholism can cause loss of balance and limb control via damage to brain and nerve cells.

It would be a reason to fall or topple Effect of alcohol on the central nervous system to develop neurological disorder: pathophysiological and lifestyle modulation can be potential therapeutic options for alcohol-induced neurotoxication

If that was me and I knew the entire country knew about my struggles then I'd not want to come back. JMO MOO
Yeah I get that & the only way she can come back & sort her life out if she wants to is if all the media & SM focus moves away, but there could be a chance she may of left with somebody & wants to start a new life too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic