Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw some wondering how PF believes this news would have changed his search strategy. SGI’s Facebook post has slightly more content than the Twitter post, and references ‘the sea’ as a possibility:

‘This new information disclosed today during the Lancashire Police press conference is an extremely important element that was not shared with my usually trusted team or I during my river search for Nicola. This would have changed my search strategy, opening up many more possibilities including the sea.

Our thoughts are with the family and friends at this difficult time.’

Facebook link
“Was not shared with my usually trusted team”

Does he not realise Lancashire police couldn’t trust him due to him running to the media every 2 minutes.

No, the police officer, Becky was very clear in her wording.

She said: “Just to be clear on further digital enquiries, there is further work that we have been doing on NIcola’s social media this morning which might show NIcola has been online.”

The police officer is saying that digital experts have discovered that Nichola may have been on social media since she disappeared.

No she’s very clear in saying the work they are doing may show Nicola as online as in LE are essentially using her account as she goes in further to say this isn’t a concern and do not contact the incident room.

Lots of speculation on here about a possible domestic assault on 10/01. The police went out on a concern for welfare call and state no one was arrested. Had there been DV involved there would have been an arrest that day. I work for a police force and that is routine for a DA case. The fact there wasn’t means it was genuinely a concern for welfare/MH episode/suicide attempt. A PPN (safeguarding) referral would have been done at the scene which gets sent to GP, school and CSD if children are involved.
Is this always the case nowadays? A few years (maybe 5 y) ago a family member had police called by neighbours when her narcissistic ex was being verbally and physically violent. Police left without an arrest as she didn’t push charges because she had also had a drink.
Also where does restorative justice fit into this?

That was on the Royal College of Pathology pdfs but I cannot recall exactly what they said.
They do tox screening as standard in drownings or ' body recovery from water' but there was something about the problem of advance decomp. & tox tests ( Google will bring it up)
Something to do with PM ethanol levels produced by the body? Blood, urine, bile and vitreous fluid testing? JMO

With regards to the police incident on the 10th, a member of the safeguarding team at the school should have been informed through Operation Encompass. There may well have been other consequences too, such as social services involvement, and I would imagine many people know about the alcohol issues, IMO.

On another note, as a 40-something woman, I am very uncomfortable with them releasing such personal information. It's not going to help them find her three weeks later. It's not going to help her daughters. They could have said she was "vulnerable" from the very beginning and left it at that.
I don’t believe Lancashire police wanted to elaborate on these vulnerable issues.

MOO I feel people in media had hold of this information hence daily mails pictures and other news outlets.

Whatever incident happened on Jan 10th probably has some connection IMO. I can perhaps imagine a call from PA being made to the police reporting NB was drunk and threatening to end her life, as young kids were present and she had serious mental health issues they took extra support from mental health workers. I have been in a domestic abuse situation involving alcohol and the police were called with a child present - social services were not involved. Unless she tried to harm anybody in the house that day (other than herself) I think they would just try and refer her for councelling and help rather than any legal or socialwork. Her employer also probably would not be aware unless it was a criminal matter and even if she was an alcoholic they would have to offer support. I am late to this so apologies if this has been discussed already. I don't think she is in the river though MOO

I am very concerned by the new news today. I feel less convinced by a suicide or disappearance than before, and feel more that a 3rd party or more than one 3rd party is involved. Feel very much more sad for Nicola. I had thought most likely an accident before but now feels even more as if set up to be an accident. JMO.
Spidey senses gah!
I’m starting to agree. I have been firmly of the opinion that an accident had occurred.

The only thing that bugged me was the strange circumstances of somebody finding an unattended dog and mobile phone next to a river…..and the police not being notified until nearly two hours later. Not that I felt that this person was involved, just that I thought the police would have had a better head start in finding Nicola in the river had they been made aware of the findings at the river side earlier.

However, I am thinking along the same lines of you now. Not sure how much I can say on here though without over stepping the mark. Just a gut feeling.

She said: “Just to be clear on further digital enquiries, there is further work that we have been doing on NIcola’s social media this morning which might show NIcola has been online.”

The police officer is saying that digital experts have discovered that Nichola may have been on social media since she disappeared.
They weren’t saying this - they were saying it might appear that Nicolas been online but really it’s the police cos they’ve taken over her account

Correction: "Might show Nicola as being online". The Lancashire accent.

She then goes on to say: "I want to make this really clear we have control over this phone and this will be the police that is doing these enquiries".

I don’t believe Lancashire police wanted to elaborate on these vulnerable issues.

MOO I feel people in media had hold of this information hence daily mails pictures and other news outlets.
Yep. I believe this information was leaked to the press from a medical professional.

Is this always the case nowadays? A few years (maybe 5 y) ago a family member had police called by neighbours when her narcissistic ex was being verbally and physically violent. Police left without an arrest as she didn’t push charges because she had also had a drink.
It certainly is the case these days in the south of England, I would be surprised if that isn’t the case further north.

With regards to the police incident on the 10th, a member of the safeguarding team at the school should have been informed through Operation Encompass. There may well have been other consequences too, such as social services involvement, and I would imagine many people know about the alcohol issues, IMO.

On another note, as a 40-something woman, I am very uncomfortable with them releasing such personal information. It's not going to help them find her three weeks later. It's not going to help her daughters. They could have said she was "vulnerable" from the very beginning and left it at that.
My point exactly. They went way too far with intimate details IMO.

I feel sad about the whole situation especially for her girls who must feel desperate. I know some people have said she may have run away but ultimately I stand by my much earlier assumption that unfortunately she is very likely to be in the river. It’s just a matter of time before we get the update IMO.

I’m starting to agree. I have been firmly of the opinion that an accident had occurred.

The only thing that bugged me was the strange circumstances of somebody finding an unattended dog and mobile phone next to a river…..and the police not being notified until nearly two hours later. Not that I felt that this person was involved, just that I thought the police would have had a better head start in finding Nicola in the river had they been made aware of the findings at the river side earlier.

However, I am thinking along the same lines of you now. Not sure how much I can say on here though without over stepping the mark. Just a gut feeling.
It’s all too convenient

And so much weirdness. Lots behavioural things just don’t add up.

No she’s very clear in saying the work they are doing may show Nicola as online as in LE are essentially using her account as she goes in further to say this isn’t a concern and do not contact the incident room.
Yes that is what I took it as meaning too.

Not that the police may uncover evidence that Nicola has been online since her disappearance.

As a mother the first thing I’d think when I hear “social services” would be my child is being took off me.

MOO I’m not used to these services as I’m pretty sure Nicola wasn’t - mothers instinct you think the worst especially when you aren’t used to this scrutiny
There is absolutely nothing to suggest that is an issue here.
Not
A
Thing.

A woman I worked with was a victim of DV and every time the police arrived she said all was ok and they left as she refused to press charges. This is within the last 18 months.

No, she's saying that it may appear to onlookers as though Nicola has been on-line due to changes in her SM accounts since her disappearance but it is actually due to police activity, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member