Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With regards to the police incident on the 10th, a member of the safeguarding team at the school should have been informed through Operation Encompass. There may well have been other consequences too, such as social services involvement, and I would imagine many people know about the alcohol issues, IMO.

On another note, as a 40-something woman, I am very uncomfortable with them releasing such personal information. It's not going to help them find her three weeks later. It's not going to help her daughters. They could have said she was "vulnerable" from the very beginning and left it at that.

I agree.

Is this always the case nowadays? A few years (maybe 5 y) ago a family member had police called by neighbours when her narcissistic ex was being verbally and physically violent. Police left without an arrest as she didn’t push charges because she had also had a drink.
Also where does restorative justice fit into this?
I was abused by an ex-partner. I didn’t want to press charges (because we never do at first) and LE didn’t pursue it.

The 5th/6th time LE were called by my neighbour, they told me they had the right to pursue charges without me wanting to.

IF she is with someone, it would be a massive ask of them to keep hush whilst this whole media frenzy is going on. Jmo also think it would be a massive ask for Nicola not to make contact with her children for so long too. She obviously loves her kids

Last edited:
Its also true that victims of DV cover for their abusers.
Not saying this is the case here but in response to your facts. A non arrest does not mean theres no DA.
Yep, very true but normally an arrest is made regardless so that the parties involved are split up for a while and the incident/facts are investigated. I interviewed a woman at the weekend who was arrested for assaulting her partner. It transpired that she was the victim of horrific abuse and things took a dramatic turn because of that.

Regarding the post towards the end of the last thread where it mentions the press conference suggesting Nicola being online. I took this to mean that it might appear Nicola had been online, but it was the police using the phone as part of their enquiries not Nicola.
The police wouldn’t report themselves as being online.

The police officer categorically said that this morning , the technology experts in the police have seen that NIcola may have been online.

Obviously, they weren’t looking at when she she wasn’t missing and would have been online - they’ve looked and seen that she might have been online since disappearing. They wouldn’t mention her being online prior to her disappearance as she was bound to have been online before vanishing.

Would the police really have full access to all her social media accounts?
Surely there is still the right to privacy?

Going missing shouldn't give the police the right to have full and unfettered access to everything.
If your account is public I think it’s quite easy if it’s private then I think they need a warrant? JMO

It is prudent, IMO, to point out that MPs have the ability to confirm to LEs that they are fine and do not wish to return. LEs are then bound, IMO, from my understanding from asking an officer, to respect that wish.

In such a high profile case as this has been, the Police could not just simply call off the search. They would, IMO, have change the narrative to a narrative that would, perhaps, open up a wider possibility that she had left of her own volition. It is not therefore beyond realms of possibility that it is NB that has agreed to the release of today's information, given that the Police had to say something.

Would the police really have full access to all her social media accounts?
Surely there is still the right to privacy?

Going missing shouldn't give the police the right to have full and unfettered access to everything.

In a case as high profile as this? I would guess yes to full access/control but obviously don't know if the law allows it. IMO with full oversight from the SM platforms and by the police standards board (or whatever arm of the police oversee such things), I don't see why not if the family support it.

Of course we all know this happened now with what's been released in last few hours.

Interesting though within two weeks she was closing a high pressure mortage deal with a client. Of course people can mask personal issues in the workplace but surely her work knew about the allegations?

Guess she'd have had a leave of absence if she'd actually been charged. I'd be interested what understanding of her issues her boss had.
Would her work know? I think it would be up to her to tell them. JMO

The police officer categorically said that this morning , the technology experts in the police have seen that NIcola may have been online.

Obviously, they weren’t looking at when she she wasn’t missing and would have been online - they’ve looked and seen that she might have been online since disappearing. They wouldn’t mention her being online prior to her disappearance as she was bound to have been online before vanishing.

I suggest you listen to the whole press conference again.

Is this always the case nowadays? A few years (maybe 5 y) ago a family member had police called by neighbours when her narcissistic ex was being verbally and physically violent. Police left without an arrest as she didn’t push charges because she had also had a drink.
Also where does restorative justice fit into this?
Exactly this! My drunk ex pulled a knife out to myself and my meek brother in my kitchen and we had to beg the police to remove him from the house, my 14 yr old son at the time was terrified and told the police this, they eventually took my ex to his brothers for the night (after us pleading) who lived 10 mins walk away! No one else as far as I am aware was notified

The latest revelations re NBs alcohol problems, the police welfare visit, etc, do shed possible light on why PA and other interviewed family members were urging NB to “come home”. Many on here noted those pleas, which seemed to suggest that the family had reason to think she might perhaps have chosen to disappear/go into hiding somewhere. JMO, and I sincerely hope she‘s still alive out there.

If there was any possibility of Nicola being online since she went missing then the reporting would be totally different.

The officer meant the police are going to be actively on Nicola’s accounts so she may appear online when it’s not her who is logged in, in the coming days. Multiple news sources reported it this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper