Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t know if it was NB or PA who was being investigated
In the press release, the police said NB's problems had made life difficult for PA and the rest of the family. That suggests they consider PA to be more of a victim than an aggressor, but of course NB isn't here to give her side of the story, so who really knows.

So with the police releasing the bizarre information about "alcohol and the menopause" they are basically trying to point to "she was drunk and fell in the water and got carried out to sea". Right?

Essentially.

What is strange to me is that, her alcohol issues make it much more likely that she went off somewhere of her own volition - and it is possible to do so evading CCTV despite what the police say - so why be so sure she’s in the river?

The police wouldn’t report themselves as being online.

The police officer categorically said that this morning , the technology experts in the police have seen that NIcola may have been online.

Obviously, they weren’t looking at when she she wasn’t missing and would have been online - they’ve looked and seen that she might have been online since disappearing. They wouldn’t mention her being online prior to her disappearance as she was bound to have been online before vanishing.

Can you please provide a link to explain the exact words used, I've watched the press conference numerous times and apparently missed this.

The press release said they were investigating her social media this morning….and that is why she might look like she has been online today and this was nothing to be concerned about.

I was adding information to someone’s question - I’m not sure what your reply is about?!
Thank you, Brungmeacupoft,

I misread those words completely wrongly and you’ve cleared it up for me. I thought I was going bonkers, but you’ve explained it perfectly. I’m so ridiculously stupid sometimes!

I would wager a decent amount of money that the Police were forced to reveal the vulnerabilities of NB before the UK tabloid press did so themselves. As soon as the SIO said in the press conference they would not reveal what they were, the tabloids would have been using every unethical trick to find out.

I know of a case where a woman was missing and was described as 'vulnerable' right from the start because she was anorexic. However, the police advised the family not to disclose the actual vulnerability in case it affected the woman's decision to return, but one of the tabloids found out what it was and said they would publish it, so the Police and family had to beat them to it.

There‘s something that is stuck in my head and I wonder if it’s relevant?

I seem to remember in the C5 interview, PA talked about their morning routine and how if NB was taking the kids to school, he put them and Willow in the car, and vice versa. Did he say that on the morning she went missing, he didn’t have to do anything because she’d done it all already? I’m sure the implication was that was unusual behaviour.

If I’m going away, I get super-organised and take care of everything. I think it’s a mum thing.

Did NB know she wasn’t coming back?

Essentially.

What is strange to me is that, her alcohol issues make it much more likely that she went off somewhere of her own volition - and it is possible to do so evading CCTV despite what the police say - so why be so sure she’s in the river?
I must say I don’t know why they’re so set on the river idea, I agree the alcohol detail does make me think wandering off is possible. But I suppose unless someone is helping and hiding her, then if she went off for some time to herself / had a breakdown then she would have been found by now.

There‘s something that is stuck in my head and I wonder if it’s relevant?

I seem to remember in the C5 interview, PA talked about their morning routine and how if NB was taking the kids to school, he put them and Willow in the car, and vice versa. Did he say that on the morning she went missing, he didn’t have to do anything because she’d done it all already? I’m sure the implication was that was unusual behaviour.

If I’m going away, I get super-organised and take care of everything. I think it’s a mum thing.

Did NB know she wasn’t coming back?
Correct, he said it was the one thing that was different about that morning.

“We believe Nicola has ENTERED the water”

Not sure why the choice of wording keeps coming into my mind.
Any thoughts on this? I could be overthinking.
Does this rule out her having tripped or fallen and gone in…?
I think this is just because they can’t say whether it’s accidental or deliberate on her part (or someone else’s) so they’re using a neutral verb. Doesn’t rule out an accident IMO.

If it’s easily accessible from the bench, then NB walking to the wier and going into the water at this point has got to be one of the possible scenarios. JMO of course. PF now mentioning how if they’d known todays news then they could have concentrated on the sea makes me think it must be in his mind too (and yes I’m fed up with his media love in too).

The police officer categorically said that this morning , the technology experts in the police have seen that NIcola may have been online.

Obviously, they weren’t looking at when she she wasn’t missing and would have been online - they’ve looked and seen that she might have been online since disappearing. They wouldn’t mention her being online prior to her disappearance as she was bound to have been online before

Obviously, they weren’t looking at when she she wasn’t missing and would have been online - they’ve looked and seen that she might have been online since disappearing. They wouldn’t mention her being online prior to her disappearance as she was bound to have been online before vanishing.
No, she said the police were working on her FB which may show t
as Nicola being online, but not to be concerned as it is the police and not to contact them about it.

A teenage schoolgirl went missing near us a few years ago, she was last seen by the canal and walking at a normal pace, she was seen on CCTV, and the main focus was on her backpack.
Similar to NB after many searches by everyone, there was no sign of her, she had seemingly vanished into thin air.
Then after the search went on for a few weeks and nothing was found - the police announced that she had 'vulnerabilities', an eating disorder.
She was last seen walking along the Grand Union Canal, and eventually, after a similar search as NB, this girl was found in the canal weighed down by objects, she was put there by her murderer who had done this before in his own country.
The perpetrator was then later found deceased in a local park.

RIP A

I hadn’t paid attention previously, but yes could be significant. I wonder if it’s to keep it open, as entered you could describe as deliberate or accidentally.

The police haven't ruled anything out, but IMO it's quite obvious that they're saying they believe NB committed suicide, without actually saying it.

MOD NOTE:

VICTIM FRIENDLY
The "victim friendly" rule extends to family members of victims and suspects.
Sleuthing family members, friends, or others who have not been officially designated by law enforcement or in the mainstream media as a Person of Interest or suspect is not allowed (i.e. Sleuthing out this type of information, and publicly posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public, is not allowed and such posts will be removed, along with any posts that encourage such sleuthing).

This does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media. Members may reasonably discuss what is said in MSM by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them.

SOCIAL MEDIA
There are several pages allowed to be linked and discussed. However, the following applies to even those:

Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumors. Just don't mention them. If you can’t provide an approved source link, DO NOT MENTION IT.

Furthermore, sleuthing someone who is not the victim or an official person of interest in this case is not allowed. As of this post, no one has been named a POI or suspect in this case.

Thanks for helping keep Websleuths amazing!

- Mad

Last edited:
In the press release, the police said NB's problems had made life difficult for PA and the rest of the family. That suggests they consider PA to be more of a victim than an aggressor, but of course NB isn't here to give her side of the story, so who really knows.

I don't recall hearing them say that & I watched all of it.

After the updates today I just get the feeling how unhappy NB must have been. I’m unsure if revealing the intricacies of her ‘vulnerabilities’ will help or hinder NB if she’s still alive somewhere (& I hope she is) I think LP have been forced by the details already being in the hands of the press IMO.
My initial thoughts were river: accident but there’s been a couple of things that give me doubts. One was in the TV interview, the way PA answered the question about marriage… to me he said he had no intention of marrying her, without actually saying that. JMO. The LP in the presser today (linked up thread) specifically bringing her home for her girls, not mentioning PA. The other thing I wonder is if particular friends of NB’s may have been a little ‘toxic’ to her mental health and maybe not as ‘close’ as they pertain to be. Having had so called friends like that in my life in the past, I wonder if she could see the tv/press updates how she might feel about that. I really do hope she is out there somewhere and not in the river/sea. All just speculation on my part. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member