Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously we’ve seen so many timelines of events in this case & I was wondering where in the timeline did the first media/tv coverage begin ? I only ask because I can remember very early on watching divers entering the river & NB’s disappearance being reported.

Is it unusual for a missing person report to make National tv news within the first 24hrs ?
Earlier this morn a websleuth post mentioned the high rank of officer in at the start of the search so this raised curiosity by press and TV.

Interesting, this only came into effect a few years ago. So her family can act as guardians of her affairs after a certain amount of time. Makes sense, providing it's just management of her finances rather than wholesale 'disposal'. Otherwise, it would be more than a bit suspicious.
I agree,
When it came in then I thought exactly the same as you.

I am not suggesting this is applicable to this case at all but the only down side to Claudia's law is that it could motivate the wrong people to do the wrong thing if someone was wealthy.

Peter Lawrence was faced with having to pay her mortgage and council tax etc. from his own funds and the new law would have allowed him to sell the house to save incurring a significant impact upon his finances.

I don't know the full details but I guess with a property sale, the proceeds may have to go into a trust, but it releases those left behind with Mortgage, council tax, utility bills ETC.

So the Police has aired all of NB personal circumstances. Why wont they tell us in simple terms what the welfare check was about ?

She took the children to school and the car remained there. How would she get to any other walk area ?
Wondering if there was a kids bike in NB's car, or if NB had one, or if anyone in the area is missing a bike?
Discreetly placed in bushes or behind a tree, easy to retrieve and to take off quickly, quietly and without notice, imo, speculation.

So the Police has aired all of NB personal circumstances. Why wont they tell us in simple terms what the welfare check was about ?
It's none of our business. No doubt it will come out in the wash why they've released what they have. I think the fact the family have not torn them a new *advertiser censored* suggests they had some form of reason. If that was legal will be for others to decide.

When asked by Dan Walker on Channel 5 what his reaction was to disappearance, Mr Ansell said “anger.”
Is anger a usual response to something like this?

Sounds like reaction someone who was used to being in control would have if the person they are controlling has the audacity to leave unexpectedly.

Can't really say more as against rules here.

That has definitely crossed my mind a few times. I still wonder why his harness was between the bench and river though.
Some types of Kissing gates act so that you can only get half way through and then have to pull the gate back to get all the way through. Is it possible that she / someone who wanted to separate her from Willow, went through gate but left dog on other side.

Is the kissing gate behind the bench of this type?

Then someone comes along later and dog follows them through to where NB went but NB by then has gone. That person not thinking anything of it and doesn't come forward as a witness.

Just a thought.

low tide at Fleetwood at 15:10 might be why the helicopter searching now

ETA: after a flight over the sea it seems to have retraced its route along the river and heading back now, hasn't been over the part between Great Eccleston and St Michael's at all.
For sure, it seems to be heading back to base now but it had a good look down the wyre and out to sea first

Obviously we’ve seen so many timelines of events in this case & I was wondering where in the timeline did the first media/tv coverage begin ? I only ask because I can remember very early on watching divers entering the river & NB’s disappearance being reported.

Is it unusual for a missing person report to make National tv news within the first 24hrs ?
The 28th a day after she went missing:

I've just been watching the reenactment of Nicola's walk on Sky. I am struck by the ten minute gap, where she only covers 150m from where she is standing, to the bench where (presumably) the phone pinged. The timings and positions are based on sightings and phone location information. It seems to leave a gap of ten minutes where she would be standing still or moving very slowly for a significant amount of time. The TV presenters stopped at this point, to make sure they were on time target. When they stopped, they were very close to that strange brick building next to the river path.

I know it is perceived by many to be clutching at straws to imagine Nicola disappeared down the lane and out of the field, rather than into the river. But I wondered if, during those 10 minutes, she retrieved a bag that had been placed in the brick building the afternoon previously (when she was alone in the house and her parents had taken the children). That would then give her time to sit on the bench, with the phone next to her on speaker, while she removed that distinctive jacket and replaced it with something in the bag, maybe put on a hat and sunglasses, before telling the dog to stay and leaving at pace through the gate, before the man discovered the phone and dog,

Has there ever been any mention of missing clothing/a small bag? It wouldn't need to be a lot - a different jacket, a beanie hat, glasses scarf round her face. Then she could put the large gilet in the bag and without the dog, anyone who might have seen her that morning would not necessarily recognise her. JMOO, MOO

Sounds like reaction someone who was used to being in control would have if the person they are controlling has the audacity to leave unexpectedly.

Well he thought somebody local was responsible for disappearance and wanted buildings searched so I took his reply as response to a wrongdoing.

You have to put it in context and watch the interview as a whole.

I've just been watching the reenactment of Nicola's walk on Sky. I am struck by the ten minute gap, where she only covers 150m from where she is standing, to the bench where (presumably) the phone pinged. The timings and positions are based on sightings and phone location information. It seems to leave a gap of ten minutes where she would be standing still or moving very slowly for a significant amount of time. The TV presenters stopped at this point, to make sure they were on time target. When they stopped, they were very close to that strange brick building next to the river path.

I know it is perceived by many to be clutching at straws to imagine Nicola disappeared down the lane and out of the field, rather than into the river. But I wondered if, during those 10 minutes, she retrieved a bag that had been placed in the brick building the afternoon previously (when she was alone in the house and her parents had taken the children). That would then give her time to sit on the bench, with the phone next to her on speaker, while she removed that distinctive jacket and replaced it with something in the bag, maybe put on a hat and sunglasses, before telling the dog to stay and leaving at pace through the gate, before the man discovered the phone and dog,

Has there ever been any mention of missing clothing/a small bag? It wouldn't need to be a lot - a different jacket, a beanie hat, glasses scarf round her face. Then she could put the large gilet in the bag and without the dog, anyone who might have seen her that morning would not necessarily recognise her. JMOO, MOO
Where does it say she was in the house alone? Presumably the children were in school the day before. And she had a meeting with her boss.

Does grief not sometimes come in stages and is anger not one of them?

Angry with myself that I didn't make the absolute best of our time together (That's not a negative, we are all guilty of that)
Or
Angry that he is having to be a star in The Truman Show" He mentions that it feels like this.

No one has the perfect relationship, was he angry that he may not have done all that he could to help how she was feeling-This is a normal hindsight reaction.

He Is grieving and we all need to support him and his family.

To be honest, I do not believe that by speculating as to what caused her vulnerability will solve the mystery.

Personally I feel that there is a coincidence here. NB was suffering, we now know that. But did she expect to disappear on that day-I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth