Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anger seems strange. Anger at what or who ? My reaction would be worry
  • The Police as to why they can't find her
  • Himself for anything dumb he did in the relationship
  • Himself if it turns out to be suicide that he didn't do enough to stop it
  • Her if he thinks it was suicide for leaving him and their kids
There's probably loads of others.

• The Police as to why they can't find her
  • Himself for anything dumb he did in the relationship
  • Himself if it turns out to be suicide that he didn't do enough to stop it
  • Her if he thinks it was suicide for leaving him and their kids
There's probably loads of others.
Normal part of bereavement isn’t it? Along with denial, bargaining etc

Does anyone recall that when NB’s former partner was tracked down by media and asked to comment on her disappearance, he declined “out of respect for her parents”. Respecting her parents is obviously admirable but it did strike me as a slightly strange answer and caused me to wonder if NB had actually gone missing before - perhaps while in the relationship with him. Just my speculation. MOO
Perhaps it wasn't a good relationship or a happy ending, and he didn't have anything good to say, so decided to say nothing so as not to upset her Mum & Dad.
I think that's kind.

Can't believe he was tracked down and pressed for a statement though. Oh my!

Anger seems strange. Anger at what or who ? My reaction would be worry
As I recall he listed several emotions after this one -so it was not just anger that he mentioned - perhaps watching the whole clip for context would help. I can't recall which thread the transcript is in, but I think it would show that anger was not his only response.

I think PA saying he was angry can be interpreted in many different ways but knowing what we do now, I wonder if it was because of NB being in crisis, perhaps not having got the help she needed due to waiting lists or whatever; had the menopause not come along and been such a problem she wouldn’t have hit this crisis; perhaps even that he thought things had improved in the days after whatever happened on 10/01. JMO
I took it as meaning that he was angry with the police for not escalating the search to the land, because shortly after this he started talking about how they must find out who did this and search every outbuilding etc, find out what happened, etc. I think it was more frustration than anger, but it was certainly an interesting word for the first one that he came out with. I'd have thought that 'devastated' or 'worried' or 'disbelieving' might have come first. JMO.

Yes, anger is a normal part of the bereavement process, but not straight away. That comes much later.

Besides, at this point, there was still hope she may be alive, so I doubt "bereavement" had even kicked in yet.
I don't think the stages are some scientifically evidenced thing that have to be gone through in some kind of perfect order or set amounts of time. It's a broad generalisation.

I'm sure he holds out hope but he's an engineer. The ones I know tend to like logic and data .

JMO

IMHO I believe we are in for a very big turn of events regarding this case. I dont believe she went into the water, and I honestly believe the Police know a lot more than they are willing to share ATM...
Good- Someone talking sense now.

Police cannot share everything and often only release what they have to or strategically.

The children were at school and she asked her parents to take them after school even though she was working at home Devastated parents promise to never stop looking for mum-of-two who vanished

The parents say she had a meeting in Garstang - she could have stopped on her way home to leave a bag. The reason she gave for the children needing to be elsewhere was that she had a zoom call later on, so presumably wanted to do that in peace.

The parents say "she came to the door". So I am guessing they brought the kids home to her. That means for some of the time that afternoon she would have been alone in her house without the children and could easily have packed a small bag without anyone noticing
I don't think that's quite right. So they brought the children home, it doesn't say if NB was already there or not (they could have had a key or PA let them in) and then once she arrived home (if she wasn't already - it doesn't say) she asked them to watch the children while she took the Zoom call. She came to the door to see them out as they left the house. The children were home while she was on her call..."We took them home, Nicola had had a meeting with her boss in Garstang and she said can you stay a bit later because I have an important client coming in on Zoom. We said 'no problem' and stayed.

"I said we better go now and Nicola came to the front door, and I gave her a kiss and told her I loved her and that was the last conversation I had with her."

I mean yes I'm not saying she couldn't have dumped a bag, I'm just not sure it was the day before if she did.

This was my initial thinking too but now I wonder if that is just what she wanted people to think. There is such a lack of evidence for any scenario that it feels planned.

I do find it hard to believe she just left Willow free as anything could have happened especially if she could get out like the SIO suggested and be up on the road. No owner would take that risk and I can only think it's because she knew someone would find her within minutes. She sets the scene, hides nearby, and then leaves on the path past the weir or possibly by crossing the river where it is shallower. She could have hidden a rucksack the day before on her way back from her work meeting. The zoom call could have just been a cover for being late back. Change clothing, even using a wig. Walked away from the area whilst everyone was searching the fields and river. She could even have dressed as a jogger with a hoodie or similar and jogged off out of the searched area.

It's concerning though that if NB wanted to leave why would she need to go to such extremes to plan it and not just walk out like others have said. I know she may not be thinking rationally, as we don't know the extent of her struggles, but this case just gets weirder by the day.

Of course, she could also have taken her own life either via the river or somewhere else or had an accident and be in the river. 3rd party involvement feels less likely due to the timeframes but frankly, in this case, who knows?
I agree with one paragraph of your post as the rest sounds like man in a canoe.

if she wanted to disappear she could have returned home, left the dog with PAsaid she needed something from the shops and drove off into the sunset leaving her car in a lay-by. The case would then have saved weeks of trawling rivers. Unless of course she had parked the car next to a lake / river.

Abduction of some kind that has no link to NB fragility is a more likely scenario.

Wondering if there was a kids bike in NB's car, or if NB had one, or if anyone in the area is missing a bike?
Discreetly placed in bushes or behind a tree, easy to retrieve and to take off quickly, quietly and without notice, imo, speculation.
That would assume she left the riverside field area and went back to school car park where she would likely to have been spotted?

Really the overarching idea was wondering how being kept in the loop by police during a case is affected by legal requirements vs. social bonds. And how that may influence whether Nicola's parents or PA may be the primary point of contact for the police / what they may be told.

Just to clarify about Nicola's parents....do they live in Lancashire too, or are they in Essex where Nicola originally comes from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1