Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still believe she went for a walk as usual, put the phone down to put on the dogs harness (usually they clip underneath and need two hands) tripped/stumbled and fell into the river and had a head injury or experienced cold water shock which combined with heavy clothing led to a very quick drowning.
Obviously there was a lot going on for Nicola (as is true for many people) and am sure more will come out in time about how things were at home but I do still think broadly this was a tragic accident which may or may not have been influenced by her state of mind.

I still believe she went for a walk as usual, put the phone down to put on the dogs harness (usually they clip underneath and need two hands) tripped/stumbled and fell into the river and had a head injury or experienced cold water shock which combined with heavy clothing led to a very quick drowning.
Obviously there was a lot going on for Nicola (as is true for many people) and am sure more will come out in time about how things were at home but I do still think broadly this was a tragic accident which may or may not have been influenced by her state of mind.
A lot of people think this but I'm not sure there is enough weight behind this theory to get another search going.

At the end of the day without getting everything out of the River something as small as a human body could be missed..

Someone does know what happened it is just a matter of finding them and getting the details.

The mother of missing rugby star Levi Davis has sent a heartfelt message to the family of Nicola Bulley and said: ‘I understand your pain but don’t give up’.

Julie Davis today reached out to Ms Bulley’s partner, Paul Ansell, to offer him comfort and support as they both cling to the hope of seeing their loved ones again.

The cases have striking similarities. Both Ms Bulley and Mr Davis are feared to have fallen into water and their families have been frustrated by a lack of progress from the police and unhelpful speculation.

[...]

Mr Davis’ relatives say they have been upset at speculation that he may have been kidnapped off the streets of Barcelona by a Somali gang over an unpaid £100,000 debt he ran up in London.

Mrs Davis told MailOnline: ‘I’ve been reading about Nicola’s case and there are a lot of similarities with Levi’s in terms of what we have had to cope with.

‘My message to her family, to her partner, to her little girls would be this “I know your pain but don’t give up”...'

[...]

She only drove the kids to school 10 minutes before!
If she was drinking, it's likely she wasn't drunk, as there were no reports of her staggering about.
Not saying NB was drunk, and I don’t think she was when she took the kids to school, but the walk & that phone call with no need for camera, would be for some with a drinking problem an “opportunity” to drink. She could have drank alcohol right after dropping the kids off. If you know people with serious alcohol problems you will know how they view “windows” to act on their addiction such as this (no kids, don’t need to talk on call, etc). Pure speculation and not criticising NB but that’s what could have happened.

Some people also might be surprised how sober an experienced drunk person can seem whilst in total blackout and actually being very drunk. If you’ve ever seen “There’s Something Wrong with Aunt Diane,” the drunk driver of the car was almost certainly drinking on the morning of the accident but people she’d interacted with seemingly didn’t get that vibe.

It can also flip pretty quickly from “okay” to “so drunk passing out will happen” in terms of the time involved if you are carrying out alcoholic drinking patterns (not a few glasses of wine with dinner and friends).

Suicide...no way. NB would not have allowed her two children be the last to see her alive.
All my opinion of course
People who end their lives often think their loved ones will be better off without them. In the same vein, some WS posts say that if you have a loving family you would confide in them. I have a wonderful family and my beloved husband died recently but I don’t confide everything and never owned up to him about my credit cards! I have had two mental breakdowns and you can be completely lost, have hallucinations, absolute unfounded terror. And still not confide for fear of worrying those you love most.

People who end their lives often think their loved ones will be better off without them. In the same vein, some WS posts say that if you have a loving family you would confide in them. I have a wonderful family and my beloved husband died recently but I don’t confide everything and never owned up to him about my credit cards! I have had two mental breakdowns and you can be completely lost, have hallucinations, absolute unfounded terror. And still not confide for fear of worrying those you love most.
Yes, often this is to protect others as you say.

Lots of people take their own lives who have family members and friends who never thought they would do so, and that includes a lot of people with children. The thinking involved is not rational and it can’t be fully understood unless you’re in that mindset.

The kissing gate.
She could get through that and leave dog behind and Willow could only follow if someone let him through.

OTOH:

yesterday's presser
Reporter - But, was more interested in the gate and path leading away from there than the actual water?

SIO - At that time, when the witness found Willow, was between the bench and the gate. However, I have to point out, the dog could have got out from there.

Link for that UK - Nicola Bulley, St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire), Jan 27, 2023 *MEDIA, MAPS, & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION*

I have a loving family, but because my Dad comitted suicide when I was 9 years old, I also know how mental health problems can bring some members of the family to think the worse. Throughout my battles with my mental health I have kept the vast majority of my problems from them because I don't want them to suffer even more, that's despite knowing they would help and support me.

@Simplistic67 We should consider what you have just said there seriously as you make a valid point.

Can you point me to a link of Rons interview please as there is so many non sleuthing posts on here its hard to see the wood for the trees.

the full Sky package is here but I can't recall at what point they bump into* the witness - at least half-way through or more

Mail-speak in @dotr 's post just above mine = ' extraordinary coincidence' ( eyebrow raise emoji)

Yes. reflecting on some posts upthread, the idea that someone wouldn't end their life because 'they love their family too much' is off the mark, IMO. It also makes me incredibly sad for the people who have committed suicide, who loved their families, children, babies every bit as much as the next person.

It's just not how it always works. The part that leads someone towards ending their life can exist in a vacuum. It's not because they didn't love their family enough, which is rather the flip side of saying, 'Oh no, they wouldn't do that. They love their children/family too much.'

MOO

I watched the sky news reconstruction live, and a few things stood out.
Firstly that path, the none CCTV route along the weather is so dark and "creepy" even at 8.45 in the morning in bright lightI can't believe anyone wouldn't immediately think something "could" happen there. For clarification I bet we all have parts on our daily walk where they become hyper aware, lots of places to hide etc. This would be one for me.
Secondly Ron is legend and he needs his own show!
Thirdly, the 20 odd minutes of awkward shuffling and drone footage and filler between the time of the zoom call and the time the phone was definitely on the bench, dragged. I know time is relative, but I don't think I'd appreciated till today how long that is. Its a really short walk, and it took a really long time.

I don't think that's quite right. So they brought the children home, it doesn't say if NB was already there or not (they could have had a key or PA let them in) and then once she arrived home (if she wasn't already - it doesn't say) she asked them to watch the children while she took the Zoom call. She came to the door to see them out as they left the house. The children were home while she was on her call..."We took them home, Nicola had had a meeting with her boss in Garstang and she said can you stay a bit later because I have an important client coming in on Zoom. We said 'no problem' and stayed.

"I said we better go now and Nicola came to the front door, and I gave her a kiss and told her I loved her and that was the last conversation I had with her."

I mean yes I'm not saying she couldn't have dumped a bag, I'm just not sure it was the day before if she did.
I had assumed that she had asked them to stay later so she could take the zoom call after her meeting with her boss. Re-reading what he said I think I got that wrong. It sounds like they always pick the children up on Thursday and when they took them home NB asked if they could stay whilst she took her zoom call and was already back from the meeting with her boss. She could still have hidden a rucksack at some point the day before though

Dad Ernest added Nicola was happy with her job and had a meeting with an important client before she went missing. He said: "Her mind was great, we picked the children up the Thursday before she went missing, as we do every Thursday.
"We took them home, Nicola had had a meeting with her boss in Garstang and she said can you stay a bit later because I have an important client coming in on Zoom. We said no problem and stayed."
She had done her work and she was very upbeat about getting her mortgage sorted. I said we better go now and Nicola came to the front door, and I gave her a kiss and told her I loved her and that was the last conversation I had with her."

Last edited:
I have a loving family, but because my Dad comitted suicide when I was 9 years old, I also know how mental health problems can bring some members of the family to think the worse. Throughout my battles with my mental health I have kept the vast majority of my problems from them because I don't want them to suffer even more, that's despite knowing they would help and support me.
So agreeing with you 29-Acacia-Rd,

It could have been the same for NB. And NOT-wanting family members to suffer, could be the reason why NB (perhaps) voluntarily planned her own disappearance. (Am hoping this is not suicide. or, accident. At least this other option leaves me with the belief that she is still alive, and safe somewhere.)

What if it really concerned her how much rage she had? (Am not victim-blaming here).

Maybe NB was worried she would make her partner suffer? by berating him too much? or, maybe by hitting him?
Maybe she was concerned for how little patience she had for her daughters lately?

Maybe NB didn't want to cause more upset to those around her?

Maybe NB didn't want the relationship between her and her partner to turn toxic? So, she needed to go away before things got worse?

NB could have been VERY concerned FOR her children and that they would be taken away from her, because of the previous visit by police, and wanted to pre-empt that process by removing herself so she "didn't do more harm"?

NB could have felt completely removing herself from the situation would be her only option ...in fact, she might have felt that desparate. And even though some of us believe a woman would never leave her children voluntarily, maybe, she found a Santuary Organization that was agreeable to her leaving in secret, and living with them awhile, so she could sort out her thoughts and get her mental health under control.

Going to her parents was not an option. Seeking outside support was the only viable option to stop the downward spiral.

If this is the case, I hope NB is getting the care she needs. I hope there is a Santuary Organization that is supporting her. I hope she can remain in hiding until she feels safe again. And without the glare of judgmentalism from the Media or Public Opinion.

That has definitely crossed my mind a few times. I still wonder why his harness was between the bench and river though.
Some dog harnesses come off quite easily if the dog can strain against the lead (eg if the lead was tied to the bench). The rear part of the harness can then slip over the dog's head and then the dog can shake his legs loose. My old dog slipped her harness just by putting the brakes on and being stubborn...

So sad for you regarding your dad. x x And totally understand what you say about making others suffer more. This was my reading of the police NB medical info, whether she ran away or went into the River. Police phrase changed over the weeks from she fell into the river to she went into the river. Best wishes.

A lot of people think this but I'm not sure there is enough weight behind this theory to get another search going.

At the end of the day without getting everything out of the River something as small as a human body could be missed..

Someone does know what happened it is just a matter of finding them and getting the details.
What makes you think that “someone does know what happened“ ?

I had assumed that she had asked them to stay later so she could take the zoom call after her meeting with her boss. Re-reading what he said I think I got that wrong. It sounds like they always pick the children up on Thursday and when they took them home NB asked if they could stay whilst she took her zoom call and was already back from the meeting with her boss. She could still have hidden a rucksack at some point the day before though

Dad Ernest added Nicola was happy with her job and had a meeting with an important client before she went missing. He said: "Her mind was great, we picked the children up the Thursday before she went missing, as we do every Thursday.
"We took them home, Nicola had had a meeting with her boss in Garstang and she said can you stay a bit later because I have an important client coming in on Zoom. We said no problem and stayed."
She had done her work and she was very upbeat about getting her mortgage sorted. I said we better go now and Nicola came to the front door, and I gave her a kiss and told her I loved her and that was the last conversation I had with her."
I can’t see how her mind was great when they then detail her struggles, bless her. This only two weeks after an intervention of sorts. It’s heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1