Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been asked before.
I'm curious that Nb's phone and Willow were found at 09.33 am by witnesses and phone calls subsequently made to R's wife and P's DIL etc. I get the impression they didn't stay in the area? Willow was tied up.
PW didn't arrive until gone 10.30am, leaving an hour for Willow to be left alone?
Did other witnesses pass through the area during that time, and have they all been accounted for? I get some people will not be quite sure how to proceed if they came across this scenario, but for almost an hour you think there would have been other passers by walking their dogs etc who would suggest dialling 101 or something?
I guess the police have looked into all of this.
It just seems strange that dog etc were found, but it took a long time for help to be called?
Sorry if this has been covered already.
Below is the most recent, that I’m aware of, Lancs Police presser from 15th February, with a timeline

Just wondering as NB and PA's children were at home during the night and also in the morning of when NB later went missing, would the children be legally allowed to be gently questioned about anything they saw/heard?.
It seems very unlikely this would happen.

They'd need an appropriate adult and probably an entire social services case team with them, as well as (I'd assume) PA, and given how young they are I don't think that a) they'd be of much use, or b) it would be deemed appropriate to question them given the obvious emotional trauma and the fact they probably don't understand what's happened.

In this article it says the phone was locked until Paul arrived

He said I believe he had tried to ring her several times - which will be shown in the call logs of course - but I wondered why no one answered the calls

Now when you are in a Teams call (for me anyway) and someone rings it’s silent (it doesn’t ring loudly like an incoming call). But - if you found a phone and it’s on a bench wouldn’t u keep an eye in it. And if there is a missed call then can’t you click on the notification and it calls them back?

Who finished the teams call and logged it off ?

I don’t know the phone type - I’m basing this off my phone which is iPhone.

My next question is around the article about the houses being searched. House over the river and Paul searching another house. Wasn’t he told to go home stay home by police? Why did he choose to search that particular house?
In my opinion if it’s a phone you are not familiar with it’s not necessarily that easy to send or take calls. There’s also the problem that somebody will appear as soon as you start handling it.

Someone on here asked how rewards work and who can put up money. yes, you are right, of course. I was thinking if it was abduction.
I asked. I wondered how it could be put forward. So it can be put forward for just info that leads to LE finding NB?

The outcome of offering a reward has to be decided and is usually worded as 'information leading to...' the safe return of, location of the body, arrest and conviction of anyone linked to the murder, depending on the nature of the incident.
Thank you

In my opinion if it’s a phone you are not familiar with it’s not necessarily that easy to send or take calls. There’s also the problem that somebody will appear as soon as you start handling it.

There is another explanation about the phone which is that if someone jumped on the missing person from the top of the shed there could be a struggle.
If she had been holding the phone out as suggested by several media sources due to the teams meeting it could simply have ended up randomly on the floor.

Dog could have been tied to the bench badly then struggled free after some time and shaken the harness and lead off. Apparently they can slip out of the harnesses.

A passer by could have found phone on ground and put it on the bench to make it easier to find it. IMO "phone moved towards the bench" could just be tech speak from one of the people who inspected the phone.

I am one of those people who thinks the missing person is in the River but there are potential other things which could have happened here some of which one can not mention.

I asked. I wondered how it could be put forward. So it can be put forward for just info that leads to LE finding NB?
Well there was no body in Maddie McCann but a reward for £2.5m. I don’t know if it was conditional on conviction tbh. I have the reward poster somewhere so will check wording and report back.
I know that whatever the conditions they are legally tight to stop false claims.

They'd need an appropriate adult and probably an entire social services case team with them, as well as (I'd assume) PA, and given how young they are I don't think that a) they'd be of much use, or b) it would be deemed appropriate to question them given the obvious emotional trauma and the fact they probably don't understand what's happened.
Thank you. Understandable what you have said.

There was no threat of papers running the medical conditions unless family consented. Of course, inquiries could have been made. But under IPSO rules no paper is allowed to run medical conditions without consent. I challenge anyone on here to find me an example since 1992, when the rule, already in existence was strengthened. Any example you find would be, say, like Esther Rantzen herself saying last week that she had lung cancer.
'People selling stories' doesn't have to be related to medical conditions, though. It could be something people have seen, such as an argument, behaving out of character or 'off' in some way.

So would it have to be stated that reward would be for info that lead to LE finding NB (from info received and not just someone saying that they had, LE only. Because a convicted is not related at this point, no crime has been committed?
Yes, I meant for info on NB’s whereabouts which led to her being found.

I'd say you are pretty spot on there. Social Services would have been aware of that Welfare visit and obviously (and in my opinion rightly so) would have to be involved with any "interviews" of the children that took place. A decent social work team would be putting the safeguarding needs of those children above all others. I have no doubt that a social services referral may well have been made after the "Welfare" visit to the house earlier on. This implies nothing sinister at all and only puts children on the radar of social services.

'People selling stories' doesn't have to be related to medical conditions, though. It could be something people have seen, such as an argument, behaving out of character or 'off' in some way.
Yes, can be anything, including a photo. From a kiss n tell to MP expenses. Or an ex-lover/partner who might know how somebody in the news has behaved in the past.

'People selling stories' doesn't have to be related to medical conditions, though. It could be something people have seen, such as an argument, behaving out of character or 'off' in some way

Sadly I still go by my first thought and the same as the police. I believe she accidentally ended up in the river from a fall. I believe she will be eventually found in a few weeks washed up further down the river or at sea. I don't think the fact of her medical history has anything to do with this unfortunate accident. Just my thoughts and opinions. My heart goes out to her loved ones and hope that they get answers soon bless them all
Shirley I would have to agree entirely with your statement. Like you I think her earthly remains will be found at some time. I think over the coming days this case will fade from public view (not a bad thing in my opinion) and in a few weeks time will come the news that a body has been found.

This is a genuine question and if it appears stupid or insensitive then I apologise in advance ... Can somebody explain to me how someone can commit suicide going into water when they can swim? Surely your natural reaction kicks in and prevents you from drowning? How do you drown yourself? Wouldn't you just float? Or is it the tempreture that is fatal? I have tried to understand it but I can't figure it out.
My uncle took his own life in the sea in North Wales. He drank a bottle of vodka on the beach and walked out to sea.

Not quite the same as in a river but he was a competent swimmer and could have easily swam back to safety I’m sure….however, the effects of the alcohol, the cold of the water and his desire to die were enough for him to follow it through successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave