Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a digital. subscription to the times and. I. get some of Sundays articles now...one details the outside experts the police have called in and says that a source close to the investigation...whoever that is...has said. that there was. no threat of publishing details. about Nicolas medical conditions before the police. did

Would a reward tempt someone to divulge information they had perhaps being keeping to themselves?
I had wondered about that, how would that or could that be made possible? Where could the reward come from and if it was available would LE ask for it not to be made until all lines of inquiry were in exhausted? I don’t really no how it works but I would think that it would have to go through LE first? Or could anyone off their own back offer it?

I have a digital. subscription to the times and. I. get some of Sundays articles now...one details the outside experts the police have called in and says that a source close to the investigation...whoever that is...has said. that there was. no threat of publishing details. about Nicolas medical conditions before the police. did
Even though this article may be worded to make the reader assume with the article putting the phrases outside experts who have assisted and been called to do so by the Police, and then saying a source close to the investigation, in the same paragraph or article does not mean the source close to the investigation is one of the outside experts called in by the Police.
It’s just a way of cleverly making folk assume something without actually telling an untruth, or the truth! It’s wordsmithing, nothing more.
PF, as an example only, asserts himself as being close to the investigation. I use him as this example because we know the Police did not call upon him as an outside expert to assist in this investigation. One is not dependent on the other.

edited for spelling correction..

Last edited:
Maybe the press themselves had done a bit of digging as they do and found out about the January 10th incident and Lancashire LE possibly knew that they would at some point have to answer if they had acted appropriately on that incident and that they would probably be questioned about if it could have had anything to do with NB disappearance? JMO

The papers, not necessarily tabloids, may have been going to publish the welfare call which could have been linked to alcohol, not the alcohol and menopause problems.
Would a reward tempt someone to divulge information they had perhaps being keeping to themselves?
It did in the case of
I had wondered about that, how would that or could that be made possible? Where could the reward come from and if it was available would LE ask for it not to be made until all lines of inquiry were in exhausted? I don’t really no how it works but I would think that it would have to go through LE first? Or could anyone off their own back offer it?
It did in the case of Stephanie Slater. Michael Sams’ ex wife recognised his voice on Crimewatch. The reward, put up by The News of the World, was the highest on record at the time. Other crimes have been solved with newspaper rewards. The newspaper has to ask police for permission So that it doesn’t cut across a current line of inquiry.
I would be very surprised if there wasn’t a reward in the Sunday papers tomo.

It’s been said a few times times, but as a quick reference for you PA‘s sit down with DW is one place to find a source, both NB and PA would do the school run and walk Willow on different days. No scheduled pattern, just ad hoc depending on their schedules on a given day.
Even if Ron does this walk everyday he would possibly see NB or PA.
@Allabouttrial has so generously provided so many transcripts, including the PA/DW interview if you want a quick way to a
Anyone find it rather odd that NB is seen in the lower field, upper field and possibly elsewhere, but no siting of her sitting on the bench ?
Seen by witnesses but not on actual cctv (except from outside her own home!)

Even though this article may be worded to make the reader assume with the article putting the phrases outside experts who have assisted and been called to do so by the Police, and then saying a source close to the investigation, in the same paragraph or article does not mean the source close to the investigation is one of the outside experts called in by the Police.
It’s just a way of cleverly making folk assume something without actually telling an untruth, or the truth! It’s wordsmithing, nothing more.
PF, as an example only, asserts himself as being close to the investigation. I use him as this example because we know the Police did call upon him as an outside expert to assist in this investigation. One is not dependent on the other.
There was no threat of papers running the medical conditions unless family consented. Of course, inquiries could have been made. But under IPSO rules no paper is allowed to run medical conditions without consent. I challenge anyone on here to find me an example since 1992, when the rule, already in existence was strengthened. Any example you find would be, say, like Esther Rantzen herself saying last week that she had lung cancer.

No one has ever said she definitely did seat on the bench that day, just that her phone was found there.
But someone definitely spotted the phone on the ground, whilst another witness definitely spotted the phone on the bench.

My theory on someone tasked to watch over Willow will get easier to explain...once we get the true fact about the location of the phone. Its hugely important IMO

No one has ever said she definitely did sit on the bench that day, just that her phone was found there.

Police say 'digital data' shows Nicola Bulley 'moved towards bench' just before vanishing​

But someone definitely spotted the phone on the ground, whilst another witness definitely spotted the phone on the bench.

My theory on someone tasked to watch over Willow will get easier to explain...once we get the true fact about the location of the phone. Its hugely important IMO
But there was a 10-min overlap or so, that's why the phone can be seen but not Nicola. No witness was around for that 10-min period.

Police say 'digital data' shows Nicola Bulley 'moved towards bench' just before vanishing​

I believe it was said “her phone moved towards the bench” not actually said as NB herself?

She could have moved towards the bench and still not sat on the bench.

'Moved towards bench' is not the same as reaching the bench...That phone, or the police are not telling the full story...yet IMO

1. Who do you think was with her?

2. Why do you think witnesses spotted only Nicola and not this other person who was potentially with Nicola and tasked to watch over Willow?

It did in the case of

It did in the case of Stephanie Slater. Michael Sams’ ex wife recognised his voice on Crimewatch. The reward, put up by The News of the World, was the highest on record at the time. Other crimes have been solved with newspaper rewards. The newspaper has to ask police for permission So that it doesn’t cut across a current line of inquiry.
I would be very surprised if there wasn’t a reward in the Sunday papers tomo.
A reward would be thrashed out with police, news or TV lawyers to make sure no loopholes, like people trying to give info in the public domain, or making stuff up. It is payable only on conviction.

There was no threat of papers running the medical conditions unless family consented. Of course, inquiries could have been made. But under IPSO rules no paper is allowed to run medical conditions without consent. I challenge anyone on here to find me an example since 1992, when the rule, already in existence was strengthened. Any example you find would be, say, like Esther Rantzen herself saying last week that she had lung cancer.
I haven’t mentioned anything about medical conditions?
Is there something in what I have written that you would like to address, or me to expand upon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee