Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a genuine question and if it appears stupid or insensitive then I apologise in advance ... Can somebody explain to me how someone can commit suicide going into water when they can swim? Surely your natural reaction kicks in and prevents you from drowning? How do you drown yourself? Wouldn't you just float? Or is it the tempreture that is fatal? I have tried to understand it but I can't figure it out.
With cold water shock it doesn't matter how well you can swim usually.

I really doubt it - she seemed to adore her two little girls and Willow, so not sure what the point would be of leaving them and going off to start a new life in disguise. JMO.
I agree, that and her ageing parents there are major factors that do make it the most unlikely scenario, she would have to consider her life had truly hit rock bottom. But people do do it. I suppose of all potential outcomes, other than actually returning home, it would have to be the most hoped for conclusion rather than the other alternatives of her being no gone for ever

Ayrshire guy… when Paul is so adamant that she is not in the River, perhaps NB had said she could do something else. Post went wrong…I was responding to your post.
Yep. He is adamant that NB is not in the river. And he thinks she is still local.

With cold water shock it doesn't matter how well you can swim usually.

Even in really cold water, it takes at least 30 minutes for you to become hypothermic. Crucially, hypothermia remains a risk even when you get out of the water unless you get out of the cold and warm up efficiently and quickly.

So basically if you don’t get out of your wet clothes you will become hypothermic even if you get out of the water? So since there’s been no clothes found that is a possibility?

IMO someone who walks there every day (not saying that 'Ron' does this) would know who was walking the dog. I suppose if it was random they might not know but if it was generally the same person.

<modsnip>
It’s been said a few times times, but as a quick reference for you PA‘s sit down with DW is one place to find a source, both NB and PA would do the school run and walk Willow on different days. No scheduled pattern, just ad hoc depending on their schedules on a given day.
Even if Ron does this walk everyday he would possibly see NB or PA.
@Allabouttrial has so generously provided so many transcripts, including the PA/DW interview if you want a quick way to a source.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a small village, everyone knows everyone’s business! People gossip, in the local shop in the pub etc reporters will be everywhere too, listening in! IMO
Suppose somebody had info about a person, hypothetically of course, in Nicola’s past who had threatened or harmed her. A villager goes to police, then to papers, not necessarily for money but to raise the alarm. Would you silence them? Not every story is harmful and often, throughout history, have nailed someone in a well-known crime. Say somebody had dobbed Ian Huntley to papers, which they may well have done, but I would have to look it up. Most of the historic sex crimes by celebs were from people talking to TV and papers.

Given their statement, it just feels like they know more. The last line read to me as though they didn't think it was an accident. They said that not taking 'ended up causing this crisis'. It just sounds very specific to me? It doesn't sound very open minded about her disappearance. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it irked me a little.
It does sound odd to me too, but police have been horribly wrong in the past. A detective focuses on one outcome and dismisses other possibilities.
Case in point, SPD were seeking out a Ted driving a gold VW bug, when his gf called in they said oh no it's not him he is college educated and he drives a cream one. But they were DEAD WRONG. His gf was right. It happens. They are only human too.
unless they found a suicide/Dear John letter ...or new cellphone proof she bought tickets left town or spotted here...I still think it was an abduction.

With all the heavy clothing NB had on, i find it difficult to believe she would dress down to take a pee in a bush.
Thats why I enquired earlier if anyone knew if the caravan site had a public accessible toilet.
Who is now thinking NB went for a wee in the shrubbery? Thanks

With all the heavy clothing NB had on, i find it difficult to believe she would dress down to take a pee in a bush.
Thats why I enquired earlier if anyone knew if the caravan site had a public accessible toilet.
You don't need to dress down. It's just your lower clothing you need to hitch down. I speak from experience..

Suppose somebody had info about a person, hypothetically of course, in Nicola’s past who had threatened or harmed her. A villager goes to police, then to papers, not necessarily for money but to raise the alarm. Would you silence them? Not every story is harmful and often, throughout history, have nailed someone in a well-known crime. Say somebody had dobbed Ian Huntley to papers, which they may well have done, but I would have to look it up. Most of the historic sex crimes by celebs were from people talking to TV and papers.
Comparing this situation with NB to Ian Huntley and folk like Jimmy Saville seems very wrong as a comparison to how journalists should conduct themselves when members of the public contact them with stories, for money, or not. JMO

Yes! High profile person known as an alcoholic/depressive, the papers would be the first to publish a story if the person is seen drinking. The stories sold on Nicola would have been along those lines.
My point is they wouldn’t without permission. Show me one! The celeb medical stories come from the celebs to raise awareness, or money for a medical charity.
A newspaper may have put the welfare check if alcohol was involved, to see if family wished to discuss it as a possible reason for Nicola disappearance. No UK paper would have said it without family consent because it is not allowed under IPSO rules. They ran it because police put it in the public domain.

Would a reward tempt someone to divulge information they had perhaps being keeping to themselves?
But could it also just make people put forward false claims?

The problem with this case is that there are no clues and no body, so would the police (or family) pay out before NB was found? I don't claim to know how the reward process works in this context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3