Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Devastating news for the family and my thoughts are very much with them all but I’m relieved that, if it is Nikki, she has been found and her body will eventually be laid to rest. I hope the police are now allowed to get on with the investigation into trying to establish what happened to her without further criticism or distractions.

I know it's not official yet, but I think it's a foregone conclusion, so...

RIP Nikki

Condolences and thoughts with Nikki's loved ones, and I hope they will be given peace and space to grieve and come to terms with their loss. I hope police will now be able to learn more about how this tragedy happened.

I wonder if they will be able to find out if this was a tragic accident or a deliberate act
IMO no way of discerning that after this time. I don't know but it seems unlikely that toxicology tests would be effective after that amount of time.

As someone who's mother killed herself (I was an adult) I do know that had she arranged it to look like an accident it could have been easier for us to manage. There is something not very nice about it.

I expect the coroner will record misadventure. In reality JMO nobody will ever know but suspect family members will have their suspicions.

It's interesting to me that so often in these type of cases people seem reluctant to accept the obvious mundane happening and twist themselves in knots with convoluted scenarios

RIP Nicola
Because the mundane could happen to any of us. Reminds us life is fragile. Accidents or mental health difficulties are very common and out of our control.

I was expecting this but hoping and praying for the best. How terribly sad. I hope if it is Nicola then the family are able to put her to rest and can eventually come to terms with it. I suppose they may never know how or why she ended up in there in terms of accident or suicide. God bless you Nicola, rest in leave. Oh and finally, well done to LP, who were always right despite Twitter armchair detectives saying otherwise!!

Those poor little girls. She seemed such an hands on mummy with excitement and preparations for Xmas. God bless the children and if it is NB God bless her, she should have had more help from professionals and deserved to have died with dignity to be remembered as the wonderful mummy, friend, daughter she so obviously was.

The find today is extremely sad but better than she had never been found.

The body isn’t far at all from the spot the police believe she went in.

Sorry I’m not very scientific but would it be possible for her to have moved there in 3 weeks? Is it over the weir? Has this area not been searched?
Yes it is
Looks that way. Perhaps it will one day come to light what else backed up their hypothesis - outside of the obvious which we already know in the media.
Probably the 10th of Jan.

A terrible outcome but - assuming it is Nicola - better this way than never finding her, IMO.

Her poor girls, my heart goes out to them and to her parents and sister...not forgetting dear Willow who most likely witnessed whatever happened to her beloved owner.....

RIP Nikki

The police were correct all along.
Yeah, I really don't understand all the mistrust of police by the media. Some of the "expert" opinions just lead to harmful speculation and harassment of victim's families.

This was always a missing persons case with no evidence of foul play even after the third week.

So much for tatty vans and suspicious fisherman...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs. Lopes