Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the mundane could happen to any of us. Reminds us life is fragile. Accidents or mental health difficulties are very common and out of our control.
Which is surely all the more reason to think that is what's happened is it not?

If we can imagine ourselves in a bad mental health situation and doing something drastic why would we assume that someone else in the same situation has had something weirdly unlikely happen to them?

So three weeks for body to come to the top. Pretty standard but so terribly sad and not that far away either.

Yep, and let this be a lesson to those who scream foul play when someone isn’t found straight away.

Patience…

I wonder if they will be able to find out if this was a tragic accident or a deliberate act

They should be able to determine if she drowned or whether she was dead before entering the water. They can also tell if any injuries (eg cuts, scrapes, blunt force trauma) were caused while alive or after death.

I’m hoping the post mortem will be conclusive enough to give a good idea of how Nicola died. Exactly why she ended up in the river is harder to prove but I reckon the police were probably right all along and this was a tragic accident.

I’m in tears. It sounds like it is Nicola. She deserved better than what has happened. More money and science needs to be poured into understanding the menopause better and for it to be something we talk freely about, as opposed to how it is, which is a VERY difficult time for most women, preceded by, for many, God awful periods and near constant misogynistic and demeaning slurs.

Why is everything always a battle for women? I’m sick to my core.

Her poor family. Whatever happened, she didn’t want to leave her family and precious children behind. If it was intentional, which we may never know, she wanted the pain and the difficulties to end, she just couldn’t see a way through it. If it was accidental, I have no doubt she gave her all into trying to survive.

It’s utterly devastating.

IMO no way of discerning that after this time. I don't know but it seems unlikely that toxicology tests would be effective after that amount of time.

As someone who's mother killed herself (I was an adult) I do know that had she arranged it to look like an accident it could have been easier for us to manage. There is something not very nice about it.

I expect the coroner will record misadventure. In reality JMO nobody will ever know but suspect family members will have their suspicions.
I'm really sorry about your mother.

IMO they would still be able to tell if NB hit her head, for example. And if she was alive when she went in the water. They probably won't be able to do everything they might have been able to do if they'd found her sooner, but they can still rule many things in or out.

Which is surely all the more reason to think that is what's happened is it not?

If we can imagine ourselves in a bad mental health situation and doing something drastic why would we assume that someone else in the same situation has had something weirdly unlikely happen to them?
I don't know. Human logic. If the unlikely happens to someone else, then it's less likely to happen to us or something. Humans can be quite superstitious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme