Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And some may be local papers who don’t have helicopters? I don’t know if there are ghouls there as just watching Sky.
If people helped to find Nicola and get answers for her family I wouldn't think it 'ghoulish' ?
This case has garnered enormous attention and many msm news crews will be on hand.
Fwiw, they generally erect white tents to conceal the recovery out of respect for the deceased victim and for their families' sake.
Also just my opinion that a suicide-- if this is what happened -- is also a 'victim', as the deceased was sometimes in a very sad place in their life, so no judgment from me, there.
M00.

This is downstream beyond the weir. If she fell into the river at the bench where her belongings and dog were found it is very conceivable she would be found at the location now being searched, especially if that location holds overhanging branches and reeds, and especially because police have previously advised any body would carry over the weir.
What if she walked to the spot near Rawcliffe Rd and jumped into the river

Possible, but I think Willow is the key.
Any post investigations will resolve these questions.

I thought the special dive team searched a mile downstream.
Would that not cover this part where the body was found? (bearing in mind it may have moved further down since the search)
Natural processes happen to a body after death, which can result in it coming to the surface. Also, a mile is a long, long area to search, even on land, much less underwater.

I hope this case will be resolved and the moral panic dies down.
How did they manage to see her from the path? Unless of course, they were actively looking for N.
Perhaps there was another sense organ involved, other than eyesight.

He stated that he would have modified his search.

Although someone pointed out that he either searched the river thoroughly or he didn't.
IMO the search was carried out on the basis that she had tumbled and fallen in near the edge of the river. Whereas if it was not an accident there would probably be a different trajectory eg someone jumping in or wading out would travel a different path.

How did they manage to see her from the path? Unless of course, they were actively looking for N.

Hmm, they also said it was 'the body of a woman'. I assume they could see the water from where they were, so perhaps the body was in the middle of the river? ......

Ashen-faced vaping after discovery was made​

The man and woman who found the body in the River Wyre were later seen sat on the wall vaping, looking ashen-faced, as police frantically called for reinforcements.
The man told the first response officer: “It was a body. It is down there. It was a body of a woman. There is definitely a body down there.”

Peter Faulding is an expert in what he does, no one can deny that, he may have come across arrogant but given his track record I can see why he is confident. He could have missed something, but if he searched that part of the river and a body was there I think he/they would have found the body as they were searching the undergrowth. He did say last week that he would have conducted the search differently if he had known her potential state of mind, whereas he conducted it as if she had slipped/feel in in the area of the bench. Hence could say that at that point, it was so unlikely she'd have accidently drowned - if though she was purposefully looking to go in, she could have walked to a different point - which could explain why the dog was going back and forth from the bench to the gate back to where they had walked from.
Also, if the body was dislodged from another part of the river or drifted further down and back with the tide, it makes sense he would not have found the body as it may have not been in that area prior to last 24 hours or so. Finally, she was found very close to a road, so until they have done the autopsy and reports, there is a slim chance the body was put there later after the searches. At the moment still so much unanswered and so much speculation. RIP:(

If people helped to find Nicola and get answers for her family I wouldn't think it 'ghoulish' ?

RSBM

Exactly - and if the walkers who located the body took the path in order to eyeball the river for anything unusual I think slurring them as "ghouls" is incredibly offensive. I thank them for their efforts. JMO.

I'm so glad they found her before she ended up in the sea. At least the family will be able to say goodbye and lay her to rest, even if they can't find closure over the circumstances. Her poor little girls, family and friends.

I've been surprised at the amount of people on social media (even on these threads imo) who have been hearing hooves and are expecting it to be a zebra - or hell, even a Pegasus in some extreme instances - instead of a horse. A woman goes missing during a short window of time, next to a body of water with steep banks, and her body is found within a mile of where she was last seen.

I wonder if believing - beyond all available evidence - that there is an abductor / perpetrator / third-party involved is sort of a protective mechanism; freak accidents and/or mental health problems are issues that could happen to any of us, and could cause US to become a victim of a senseless tragedy, too. An "evil" person having to be involved makes us somehow feel safer and more separate.

On the darker side, I do get the feeling that for some on the fringes of social media (not fringe enough for me), the obvious explanations simply aren't exciting or dramatic enough. Or people are so married to a particular theory they refuse to give it up, despite the preponderance of evidence, because that would mean admitting they're wrong and they're not a super special and clever detective.

Sadly the media circus isn't going to go away any time soon for these poor, grieving people who have arguably just received the worst news of their life. They have my deepest sympathy.

The sonar only hits a solid surface, not whats underneath. He should never have been allowed to speculate and undermine the police search.

I feel so sorry for the police ..I feel the problems started when he started talking to the press. I feel his actions were a catalyst leading to the police having to defend themselves in that lengthy press conference..which the led to disclosing personal information

Possible but I think Willow is the key.
Any post investigations will probably answer these questions.
You mean, when the dog finally tells investigators about what happened?

Just being cheeky.

Sadly, the most likely scenario is that NB ensured there were no witnesses. IMO, if she could have explained everything to everyone's satisfaction, she would still be home.

Words, explanations, trying to pin everything down, trying to get everyone to understand, that can seem like an exhausting, never-ending effort. Or, there's silence.

JMO

I was sceptical about the falling into the river theory but after my experience the other day I completely changed my mind. We were sat not far from sea at a river and a middle aged woman was with her friend walking the dog. The dog was paddling in the low river and lost the ball the two got close to the side and were walking around. The friend then headed back upwards and said come on lets go and then the woman behind slipped on a rock and ended up stuck in water, mixture of shock and cold water plus too slippery to stand back up alone. Imagine if she had banged her head and been alone close to deeper water. Its just so easy to have such an accident. Luckily the woman was okay and my partner went to help her up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member