Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>. I’m not shocked they’ve found a body (which I’m guessing is going to be Nicola) but it’s still awful news. Such a sad day for all of her family and friends. I wonder if it’ll ever be revealed how she ended up in there?
My guess is that it will go to inquest and I think the most likely outcome will be a finding of accidental death. The coroner will get access to police reports and post mortem reports, will hear testimony from family and the people who were in the area in that key period of the last sighting to the realisation that NB was 'missing'. And then the coroner will make a determination based on the information heard.

If the post mortem shows something like strangulation then obviously the police could say that it was murder and it could go down that path instead, I just expect that the coroners court is the most likely way that we'll get a determination of Mode of Death vs cause of death.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Something quite odd about where the body has been found - there doesn’t appear to be a path beside the river here - there is a road, but there is a wall which appears to be around 5 foot or more from the road side.

If you look at the photos taken today, taken from the other side of the river, cars are parked behind the wall, with only their rooves pointing out above the wall. There’s also another picture of two police officers walking behind the wall and only their caps are visible.

This strikes me as strange, because it begs the question how the walked found the body. It also appears as though the body was deep in the rushes and only visible once you had ventured in yourself.

I’m wondering whether these were indeed dog walkers, but people doing their own searches instead?
If they were doing their own searches I imagine everyone is very thankful for that

They did the right thing and called the police straight away

Maybe they'll sell their story to the highest bidder but I don't think I begrudge them that

JMO

So it looks as though the initial (most straightforward) police hypothesis was right. Unless toxicology reveals anything untoward it is most likely Nicola was the victim of tragic accident.

Now the body recovery phase is over, there will be further intense scrutiny and a witch-hunt for the guilty parties within LE.

I cannot imagine they would have released Nicola's personal details without the permission of the family. The FLOs have been embedded within the family since day 1 and one of their roles is to manage the release if information such as this. It will be interesting to see whether LE have managed to retain the confidence of the family. They have not publicly criticised them yet. Whether this will change remains to be seen.
I lean towards suicide rather than an accident given the information that was released concerning Nicola and which will be become clearer in time. A very sad day either way for her family and friends.

It's purely my opinion, but I think that they were able to surmise very early on that there weren't any factors that pointed to suicide. I base this on, amongst other things, Superintendent Riley's first (I think?) press conference; when she said that the most 'probable' event had been a slip or trip whilst in the process of re-harnessing the dog.
If Nicola had been getting any side effects from the medication she had been taken, such as occasional dizzy spells or similar, this could also have played a part, i.e. Nicola bends down to sort out with the harness, has a dizzy moment and slips.

Possibily in denial, possibly wanted to appear hopeful and strong for the kids.
PF seems to be conspicuous by his absence at the moment. After bragging he would definitely find her if she was in the river, he then concluded she was 100% not in the river and then complained he had not been privy to the sensitive background information. Can't wait to hear his excuse!

But the dog would have stayed where she fell in and it didn't.
It focused on being between the bench and the kissing gate.
Not the bench and the river.
So, police forensic methods, like camera footage, cell phones, witnesses, on-ground searches don't matter, the only evidence that matters is what this unfamiliar dog did, or didn't do?
Perhaps it would work well in a cozy dog-themed mystery novel series...

JMO

I lean towards suicide rather than an accident given the information that was released concerning Nicola and which will be become clearer in time. A very sad day either way for her family and friends.
Why would you go into a slow moving river for suicide? How would you see yourself definitely ending it?
Unless there was an overdose or implement involved?

That assumes the dog saw where she went, no one will ever know if she did or didn't and we only know what the dog was doing in the instant the passera by came along , who knows how long she'd been there or what she was doing before that

JMO
I agree with you, and believe this was likely to be an accident, and for
Something quite odd about where the body has been found - there doesn’t appear to be a path beside the river here - there is a road, but there is a wall which appears to be around 5 foot or more from the road side.

If you look at the photos taken today, taken from the other side of the river, cars are parked behind the wall, with only their rooves pointing out above the wall. There’s also another picture of two police officers walking behind the wall and only their caps are visible.

This strikes me as strange, because it begs the question how the walked found the body. It also appears as though the body was deep in the rushes and only visible once you had ventured in yourself.

I’m wondering whether these were indeed dog walkers, but people doing their own searches instead?
IMO from looking on Google earth, just prior to the supposed location, it appears the wall is quite low and much of the water can be seen near the reeds.

Feeling so sad for Nicola and her loved ones today.

Following my post about my experience of a dog running in to me - UK - UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #4

I wonder if a dog, not on a lead, may have accidentally knocked Nicola in the water.
That's possible but why would the owner not have helped her out? Unless they didn't see it happen but how did that person escape being seen by anyone or any CCTV ?

JMO

IMO the PA bloke was quite badly hijacked by the PF bloke in this scenario.

I don't really want to further this as I might be guilty of some sort of misdemeanour.

What is interesting is who was it who first use the term 100 percent sure. If this can be established we have the answer IMO.

PF seems to be conspicuous by his absence at the moment. After bragging he would definitely find her if she was in the river, he then concluded she was 100% not in the river and then complained he had not been privy to the sensitive background information. Can't wait to hear his excuse!
There's so much we don't know, at this stage, and an autopsy (assuming this is NB) will reveal something, I would hope. I am confident that PF will have a great explanation, should it look like NB did go into the river on the day she went missing, and has been there ever since. I expect his explanation will be given via several interviews.

It's purely my opinion, but I think that they were able to surmise very early on that there weren't any factors that pointed to suicide. I base this on, amongst other things, Superintendent Riley's first (I think?) press conference; when she said that the most 'probable' event had been a slip or trip whilst in the process of re-harnessing the dog.
Oh how differently we interpret things. I assumed the later menopause/alcohol revelation was to possibly explain depression and suicide.

I think he surveyed the river above the weir, and the body was found below the weir, down river in the tidal section of the river. The police were reported to have searched below the weir, where the body was found.

Last edited:
I noticed he said his thoughts are with the family, I hope now he shuts his mouth and doesn't even bother with an excuse. If he dares to appear on TV again about this case in the coming days, I will end up throwing something at my TV and smashing it......

Be thankful for small mercies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member