Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking news:- A police cordon by the river.

Sadly I suspect they've found her.

This makes me so angry. 6 DAYS LATER.

Literally there were members of the public sitting on the bench, even the press, members of public going down to the waters edge having a leisurely chat in the live stream right on the edge.

If the worst has happened and they are NOW treating this as a crime scene - this police force need some serious training.

That was my take from the dog being left tied up . Was the caravan owner walking their own dog or just walking ? Like yourself you have a dog so it's natural to just take the dog with you as we would be more confident around dogs . Just wondering if this person wasn't confident or maybe thought better to leave her there in cang . JMO

Breaking news:- A police cordon by the river.

Sadly I suspect they've found her.

Does this not potentially indicate they are treating it as a crime scene

There are a number of points about this case which are curious:

1) The phone. Reports that the phone was found whilst still connected to a conference call, yet it was both muted on both audio and visual, makes me think that specific aspect of this may have been staged.

2) The dog was 'agitated' when found but apparently not wet. Anyone who owns a dog will know about their propensity to dive into water given half a chance. If the dog saw NB falling into the river, it would likely follow her in.

3) No sign of a struggle, and no sign of an accident. An opportunist attack would be clear. A slip or fall into the water would likely leave an indication of some sort given the speed of the response.

4) Her seemingly upbeat/excited frame of mind the day prior.
Agree with most. Though my dog wouldn't have gone in the river though would have likely barked his head off to alert someone. I know her Spaniel looks like it didn't mind water at all.

The fact that there isnt any evidence that she slipped/fell or dragged into the water is weird. There should be some sort of markings on the ground at least. Even if you pass out and roll there would be indentations of sorts.

At the same time, if she was abducted, technically there should have at least been a scream, unless approached tactically and she had her mouth covered instantly, which again I find unlikely as like you say there would have been signs of a struggle again. She doesn't look like someone who wouldn't put up a fight. Though, on the spot everybody reacts differently and it looks fairly open to be simply carried away by one person to a location/or vehicle.

Does this not potentially indicate they are treating it as a crime scene

Wow. Better late than never. <modsnip - not LE friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
JMO, but something else to consider, along with the photo NB took from the school side of the river is the church is there too. From her Facebook page it seems she may be heavily involved with the church if she helped to decorate it for Christmas. The churchyard goes quite far back. I wonder if there is some sort of exit at the back of the churchyard and some sort of path that follows the property lines which would lead to where she took that photo. Nothing suggests she was on that section/side of the river on that day, but I agree it needs to be looked at as an option.
This is the field she was in when the photo was taken, its all private gardens across there, you can see over the hedge on street view.

Google map link

Such an awful uneasy feeling about all this, isn't there? It worries me that she was wearing earphones and hence may not have been aware of sound around or behind her. It worries me that there has been no press conference. It also worries me that she was apparently in good health, good spirits and laughing with passers-by, so that whatever happened, happened fast. It's terrifying that one minute you can be alive, and then the next minute life has changed forever.

One thing about this case that‘s a positive is the police have NB’s phone, which in most cases is missing or destroyed, I have faith that with all the developing technology they can retrieve vital information which may help them in this investigation IMO.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Partner Paul Ansell was contacted and raced to the scene from the family home three miles away in Inskip, before calling the police, the friend said.

"As far as I’m aware, no one called the police until Paul arrived," she said.

I have edited my post to add source of info

This link Facebook pic is concerning. It shows as per previous info that Nicola did in fact on the nov29 2022 go on the otherside side of river from bench. <modsnip - discussing moderation> It shows it is possible to walk on otherside and also Nicola is aware of camping area as well with previous encounters with sheep escape.

Attachments

• IMG_3569.jpg
    IMG_3569.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 64
JMO, but something else to consider, along with the photo NB took from the school side of the river is the church is there too. From her Facebook page it seems she may be heavily involved with the church if she helped to decorate it for Christmas. The churchyard goes quite far back. I wonder if there is some sort of exit at the back of the churchyard and some sort of path that follows the property lines which would lead to where she took that photo. Nothing suggests she was on that section/side of the river on that day, but I agree it needs to be looked at as an option.

She wasn't that side of the river.

This link Facebook pic is concerning. It shows as per previous info that Nicola did in fact on the nov29 2022 go on the otherside side of river from bench.<modsnip - discussing moderation> It shows it is possible to walk on otherside and also Nicola is aware of camping area as well with previous encounters with sheep escape.
That’s the same side. You can see the bridge.

Covered a few pages back

This link Facebook pic is concerning. It shows as per previous info that Nicola did in fact on the nov29 2022 go on the otherside side of river from bench. <modsnip - discussing moderation> It shows it is possible to walk on otherside and also Nicola is aware of camping area as well with previous encounters with sheep escape.

This has been proved to be incorrect. Her fb photos were taken from the same side of the river as the bench. That is the roadbridge in the distance. She is stood just past the weir in this picture.

Just a thought and it will likely apply to NB phone settings and weather its an Apple or Android device.

IF on a teams call will the phone stay unlocked with the screen on if the phone isnt in use by touch or voice?

Im curious to know if the police have it unlocked and have full access or its locked and they need to gain access. After all her social media pages are mostly public still. Id also be curious to see if they would gain access to her social accounts for more information say from a family computer or laptop. If shes willing to leave her Facebook mostly public its highly likely that she would leave herself logged in on other devices.

I get you, however, if there is one deep spot below the bench she could hypothetically drown in... Where is the body?

There is drone footage showing them walking the boat up a decent stretch of the river with confidence, only one bend down stream, both in the middle and standing in the water by the bank. If there was a hole of depression by the bench, the search area to find her body would either be quite small and obvious. Or the body would have to rise out of the hole, then float down river where it would be very obvious and prone to getting stuck on something in a shallow slow moving stretch.

To get out to sea a body would have to traverse down a shallow river for miles, go through several hairpin bends, fall into a much wider and low current old millpond, come out the other side and work its way through even more miles of river. All the while not being spotted by the significant air and water search teams that were in scene very quickly after her disappearence. As well as all the volunteers walking the banks or locals keeping an eye out in the downstream riverside walks and the towns/villages the river goes through.

Libby on the other hand was put into a treacherous and notoriously fast moving river at night and swept a much shorter less complicated distance out to the Humber (which hardly can be called a river, it's seven miles wide and has a vicious tide.) Nobody was looking in the water for a week after she vanished, by which point she was almost certainly already where they eventually found her. It's a very different set of parameters and amazingly lucky she was found at all.

If this happened a lot further down The Wyre then I'd still be all for this theory. It can get a lot deeper and more treacherous, but that is miles and miles downstream of here.
My thoughts exactly. I don't believe a relatively buoyant thing like a body would travel very far down the Wyre without becoming exposed on a shallow bar or back eddy. There too many points along that stretch where she'd be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yurchenko