Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I walk my dog locally every day and my dog knows the walk inside out. I usually have a break at a memorial bench for my mum. Whilst I am having a break my dog wanders off chasing squirrels in trees etc and I don't mind cos I know she is safe. It, could be something has happened to NB whilst Willow has wandered off in such a way.

I find it odd that the caravan owner didn't take Willow back with her and instead tied her to a bench. If I found a dog I thought I recognised I would take it with me so it didn't come to any harm and would put in a local community group that I had it with me.

I'm surprised Police haven't looked at who was staying at the Park and if anyone checked out that morning, surely just in case people should have been questioned. Normally people staying in camping pods, caravans tend to do so because they enjoy walks in the area, cycling etc. They therefore could be witnesses if they themselves have been walking etc. I still think with the size of her it would be easy hit her over the head and carry her off without leaving any evidence of a struggle. There is a photo of her with her partner and its clear to see how petit she is compared to him. Just think someone checking out could have took her and been away in no time.

Also many of these rentals tend to be Monday to Friday (check out 10.00am Friday morning or Friday to Monday.

Did I also read somewhere that they themselves lived at the caravan site a few years ago or have I imagined that?

Many appologies you are right, you can match up the trees and the bank here. That is very interesting, this might be something to point out to someone close to the investigation.

BBM. Apologies if I've missed something but can I ask what is the concern here? That NB has sometimes walked on the opposite side to where the dog/phone was found and that they may need to search that side? Thanks.

According to this article then NB was seen at 09:15 from garstang road going east along river wyre tow path. Is this information new i cant remeber this being reported before jsut a witness that had seen NB unless i have missed the information somewhere before on another post. Does this now mean she was seen at a distance or that the witness walked past her?

I cannot remember a missing person case in the UK that has had a live updates/coverage feed like this on the Daily Mail before? Seems very strange to me in addition to everything else.
Agreed, I had the exact same thoughts. I was going to add to the link that I cant see how they are going to fill a live feed with information/updates all day as there hasn't been many developments since this first broke?

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
<modsnip - no source link for image>

I've not looked at the strava account so can't see if she regularly walked as far as that footbridge, and from memory (it's been a while I've walked that way) it's a fairly long walk and I can't think if there is any public access on that side of the river bringing you back on yourself i.e. directly past the 'abandoned property'. Struggling to think how'd you get back onto Blackpool Lane from that side too (the road where the bridge is she entered the tow path which would take her back to the school/ car park). There might be a route via the churchyard which is just before the roadbridge, I can't say.

Someone also asked upthread about car parks- there's one at the school which I believe MSM have reported as where she left her car. There's also one at the Grapes pub just north of the roadbridge and entrance to the tow path. The road which takes you to Wyreside caravan park which is closest to the bench, is a private road. There is no dedicated parking for this area as it's not a park as such. Just a public footpath.

As I said on previous thread.
I'm relatively local, I live by the estuary which is just over 10 miles away. I can't confess I noticed any activity on Friday, but the news broke locally on Friday evening and there was certainly a lot of activity at this end from Saturday morning onwards. Coastguard, drones. Helicopter at several points since (although not to say they've all been associated with this case. But you notice things a bit more don't you).

Absolutely no denying that of course it's likely she could have ended up in the river and drowned. But, to put things into perspective: It was low tide around the time she went missing (9:30 low tide at the bay). It's really REALLY not fast flowing, rapid stretch of water (absolutely not comparable with poor Libby S). Honestly, some days you struggle to play pooh sticks on some stretches of this river. It's a little rural river. Then, given that police, coastguard and mountain rescue services were on the scene very quickly (within hours) and there's been such an extensive search in the days since all along the river stretch - locally and by the professional teams listed, it seems the entire stretch has been covered. There's been a pretty good system run from the tennis club where teams having been checking in with QR codes and covering stretches and reporting back. To the best of my knowledge, the whole length of the river from that spot down to the estuary is accessibile (or at least viewable) on one side of the bank or the other... I really do believe in any circumstance where she had ended up in the river, her body would have been located by now. Her hat, wellies. Something.

Police are being very quiet. Maybe there's nothing to tell and they're equally stumped? I'd like to think they know more and keeping some info close to their chest while they're investigating, just like her poor family to get some answers either way.

Tragic all around. Can't stop thinking about it.

Hope I've managed to give some perspective

<modsnip - no source link for image>

Last edited by a moderator:

According to this article then NB was seen at 09:15 from garstang road going east along river wyre tow path. Is this information new i cant remeber this being reported before jsut a witness that had seen NB unless i have missed the information somewhere before on another post. Does this now mean she was seen at a distance or that the witness walked past her?
I read it that she was seen by someone who was on Garstang Road. I wasnt aware of where she had been viewed from before (unless I missed that info)

No it was always said she was seen going east on the towpath. The bit about being seen ‘from Garstang Road’ has always been on the daily Mail diagram. That’s why I think they were asking for dashcam too. JMO.

No it was always said she was seen going east on the towpath. The bit about being seen ‘from Garstang Road’ has always been on the daily Mail diagram. That’s why I think they were asking for dashcam too. JMO.
Ah thank you, must have missed that bit.

IF it is a shallow as it looks (The guys walking the boat/rib along the water) then she would have barely travelled along stream IF she fell in. Her arms and legs and likely her body would just drag or get stuck in 50/60cm of water. Its barely knee height in places when you look at the guys wading in it.

I walk my dog locally every day and my dog knows the walk inside out. I usually have a break at a memorial bench for my mum. Whilst I am having a break my dog wanders off chasing squirrels in trees etc and I don't mind cos I know she is safe. It, could be something has happened to NB whilst Willow has wandered off in such a way.

I find it odd that the caravan owner didn't take Willow back with her and instead tied her to a bench. If I found a dog I thought I recognised I would take it with me so it didn't come to any harm and would put in a local community group that I had it with me.

I'm surprised Police haven't looked at who was staying at the Park and if anyone checked out that morning, surely just in case people should have been questioned. Normally people staying in camping pods, caravans tend to do so because they enjoy walks in the area, cycling etc. They therefore could be witnesses if they themselves have been walking etc. I still think with the size of her it would be easy hit her over the head and carry her off without leaving any evidence of a struggle. There is a photo of her with her partner and its clear to see how petit she is compared to him. Just think someone checking out could have took her and been away in no time.

Also many of these rentals tend to be Monday to Friday (check out 10.00am Friday morning or Friday to Monday.

Did I also read somewhere that they themselves lived at the caravan site a few years ago or have I imagined that?
That was my take from the dog being left tied up . Was the caravan owner walking their own dog or just walking ? Like yourself you have a dog so it's natural to just take the dog with you as we would be more confident around dogs . Just wondering if this person wasn't confident or maybe thought better to leave her there in case someone is also looking . JMO

Thank you so much information to take in and remember.

No evidence that missing mum-of-two was attacked or abducted, say police

New article on the local paper (Lancashire Post) website this morning - see above - saying police still do not believe she was attacked or abducted.

They seem pretty confident that she has fallen in the river. Still think its worth keeping an open mind about the possibilities. Unless police have knowledge that we're not privy to.

New article on the local paper (Lancashire Post) website this morning - see above - saying police still do not believe she was attacked or abducted.

They seem pretty confident that she has fallen in the river. Still think its worth keeping an open mind about the possibilities. Unless police have knowledge that we're not privy to.
Apparently there isn't any evidence of falling in either but thats their hunch! Why the bench area wasn't cordoned off is a mystery too. What a bizarre disappearance.

They seem very certain about this. All very strange imo.

That was my take from the dog being left tied up . Was the caravan owner walking their own dog or just walking ? Like yourself you have a dog so it's natural to just take the dog with you as we would be more confident around dogs . Just wondering if this person wasn't confident or maybe thought better to leave her there in case someone is also looking . JMO
As a non-dog owner I would 100% not bring it with me due to confidence - but a caravan park owner you'd think would have some experience around dogs due to the nature of the job / typical caravan park - just speculating

Reactions: PNW
No evidence of attacked or abducted. No evidence of falling in the river (no skid marks down bank, dog found dry, shallow enough to wade etc) and not been found yet in the water.

<modsnip - not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be being a bit pedantic (well possibly not, lol), but what is the deal with an "abandoned house" with an owner there?
It must be bad wording. I think it should have said empty building or derelict building.

Maybe the owner is more a custodian who checks on it for insurance purposes. Who knows.

The papers are driving me a little bit batty with their reporting on this. Its all over the place and hard to know what's actually verified or regurgatated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3