Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus this happened in broad daylight with apparently plenty of people around...it wouldn't have been long before someone saw her in the water surely?
I’m going to contradict myself now, but now I’ve thought about the coat, and how heavy it would have become very quickly once waterlogged - is it possible she fell in and couldn’t get up with the weight of it I wonder? But then I keep circling back to the thought that she would still be in that immediate vicinity, or certainly not too far away. It just doesn’t look like the river has a strong enough current to have taken her far that quickly.

If the police firmly believe that no crime was committed, why do they not inform the public everything they know? The only reason I can think to withhold information is if they consider that there is an alternative reason for her being missing to the obvious one of her having fallen into the water.

If she did go in the water id imagine it was the cold shock that caused the biggest issue. People underestimate just how cold the water is. Look at those poor boys that went through the ice recently, I bet the water temp now is only a handful of degrees warmer than that.
Yes but it’s not frozen over, she’s an adult and it’s waist high in most places?

If the police firmly believe that no crime was committed, why do they not inform the public everything they know? The only reason I can think to withhold information is if they consider that there is an alternative reason for her being missing to the obvious one of her having fallen into the water.
Or they're throwing a feint in order to keep an eye on the behaviour of a suspect

I don't think they ever let on to everything they know. Why should they really? Especially if it's not going to help them in any way.

It seems imo that just because NB walked that route often the assumption being made is she must have been there Friday, especially as the lead, harness and phone were at the scene….still no concrete proof to put her at the scene conclusively. Too much focus is being put on the bench. Yes, the items were found on or around it and Willow was at the bench, maybe Willow was around the bench because of the scent of her own lead and harness. Remember, this dog had walked the same route many times previously therefore would reasonably be expected where and where not the dangerous places to go and run and play were.

It's been very quiet today. I was wondering whether they are onto something or even whether she has been found and they are giving the family some space.

It seems imo that just because NB walked that route often the assumption being made is she must have been there Friday, especially as the lead, harness and phone were at the scene….still no concrete proof to put her at the scene conclusively. Too much focus is being put on the bench. Yes, the items were found on or around it and Willow was at the bench, maybe Willow was around the bench because of the scent of her own lead and harness. Remember, this dog had walked the same route many times previously therefore would reasonably be expected where and where not the dangerous places to go and run and play were.
I thought I read somewhere a witness had seen her heading down the path from the road?

It's the cold, not the depth. Being an adult may help, but adults aren't immune from cold.

Cold water shock if your body’s not fully submerged?

the only river theories I can believe is that she wasn’t conscious when she went in and/or has got trapped in an undercut. That river just doesn’t look deep enough or strong enough to carry a body away.

Surely they’d have found her by now.

But there was a witness

was the 9.15 am sighting not an eyewitness sighting of NB though ?

It just seems very odd that it's been several days now and still no sign of her in there.
This is curious to me. She was wearing winter clothing and the river is, at least mostly, not deep. I'd expect a hat, a glove, wellies, something, to get stuck somewhere.

But water can hold it's secrets for a while. So I guess we'll see. But it is kinda odd.

Cold water shock if your body’s not fully submerged?

the only river theory I can believe is that she wasn’t conscious when she went in and has got trapped in an undercut. That river just doesn’t look deep enough or strong enough to carry a body away.
THis is what I have been saying , that the theory that she passed out (any number of medical reasons why with no known pre-existing conditions to be cautious about) before falling into the river is a possibility.

That bench should not be that close to the downward sloping bank - not very friendly for the old and infirm at all at any rate. Mods please snip if this is council unfriendly etc - I am not saying anyone placed the bench too close out of negligence , its just hindsight and easy to say now.

It also feels like she was multi-tasking a lot on the way so easy to lose a footing when multitasking walking a dog, waving to known passers by , following a work call on teams, on top of standing by a bench at the very edge of the bank to take the call ? Please be found safe NB.

Yes I said this earlier on - no one actually witnessed NB at the bench only on the towpath before! So something could have theoretically happened after the towpath sighting but before the bench. JMO.

Source - Police find 'key witness' who may help them locate Nicola Bulley

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members