Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be good to know the second witness- what direction did they see Nicola from /towards. Was it forward/a distance away/a short distance away/behind them?

Yes I was thinking this too - The first witness is specifically stated as a dog walker, the second is a witness. Does this suggest that the second witness was without a dog and is that significant? I’m having issues with the second witness particularly due to the wording from the police about establishing exact times. JMO.

Source - Lancashire Constabulary - Search continues for Nicola Bulley as potential new witness is sought
If the second witness is without a dog snd someone who knows Nicola then it backs a theory that she may have been intending to meet someone she knew, perhaps for work related reasons.

This is why I'm not convinced it's a very practical avenue. She would need to be forced/dragged some distance to a vehicle, or she's still in close proximity to the location unfound. I can't imagine her dog would have just sat there and not followed either.

JMO.
Unlikely she would need to be forced/dragged if she walking with someone she knew though?

I’ve just watched the video of her last known movements. What really struck me was how isolated it seemed, I would personally be worried someone could jump out at me at any of the points. It would be easy for someone in a car to see her heading off from the road and know the path she was taking and follow in some way.

As I’ve said before, twenty minutes both isn’t yet also is a long time… Stuff could be planted, Willow could have been separated using the gate. JMO

Having followed many missing cases over the years on here, its down to the Police person in charge of the investigation as to what they investigate. If that person holds fast that the logical thing is the water then everyone has to follow that. Even if the public are saying 'I would consider two possibilites and one of them is nefarious'. It also could be down to money as something more sinister involves a lot of police personnel. JMO MOO ps it gets really frustrating for us. Also when people have ended up in water it can take months for them to be found so that is frustrating too. Nothing we can do about it. I followed one case recently in the states where a woman went missing. Body found soon after. Straight away police stated they were looking for a perp. In the end they said no-one else was involved. Not sure we all believed that, but that's how it works all over the world. I just hope for NB's sake and all her loved ones this case is solved a lot faster. MOO.

Edited to add the word: Police, for clarity.
Thanks for your comment . I get the money thing as everything in the UK is tight as it comes . It is frustrating to feels there's more and IMO it feels like yesterday and today it has started to ramp up with coverage and more info being available so maybe it's not too far off being solved . We can only hope for the sake of the family left wondering , unbelievably sad for all concerned .

I have had the same gut feeling for the last few days. It could have been pre planned by someone who knows her well.
It could and would need to be a local to know the area and walking routes. But why and where is she if this is the case?

Having followed many missing cases over the years on here, its down to the Police person in charge of the investigation as to what they investigate. If that person holds fast that the logical thing is the water then everyone has to follow that. Even if the public are saying 'I would consider two possibilites and one of them is nefarious'. It also could be down to money as something more sinister involves a lot of police personnel. JMO MOO ps it gets really frustrating for us. Also when people have ended up in water it can take months for them to be found so that is frustrating too. Nothing we can do about it. I followed one case recently in the states where a woman went missing. Body found soon after. Straight away police stated they were looking for a perp. In the end they said no-one else was involved. Not sure we all believed that, but that's how it works all over the world. I just hope for NB's sake and all her loved ones this case is solved a lot faster. MOO.

Edited to add the word: Police, for clarity.

Thank you for this. It answered a couple of questions I hadn't got around to asking.

I haven't followed a case before where the police have been reasonably emphatic about no 3rd party involvement at such an early stage. It's even more unexpected in a case of a vanished lone female. It does make sense in this case seemingly - the logistics of an abduction don't add up, but that investigative positioning came early. I also assume the police are privy to information not in the public domain related to this.

My eyes stung when I saw NB's father speaking. I'm glad they've got each other to cling to. Her sister's words - about the possible need for NB to take herself off somewhere - really resonated. They know her best. If they can hold up a small beacon of hope that NB did walk away and might walk back, it possibly gives them the strength to keep on keeping on in these horrible circumstances.

''We can now confirm the following timings from the morning Nicola was last seen:

8.43am – Nicola walked along the path by the River Wyre, having dropped her children off at school

8:50am (approximately) - A dog-walker – somebody who knows Nicola – saw her walking around the lower field with her dog. Their two dogs interacted briefly before the witness left the field via the river path

8.53am – She sent an email to her boss

9.01am – She logged into a Teams call

9.10am (approximately) – A witness – somebody who knows Nicola – saw her on the upper field walking her dog, Willow. Work is ongoing today to establish exactly what time this was.

9.30am – The Teams call ended but Nicola stayed logged on

9.35am (approximately) – Nicola’s mobile phone and Willow were found at a bench by the river by another dog-walker.''

The whole part about the phone and how it got there is where is gets confusing...These two accounts share some parts but contradict each other too...

A friend of missing Nicola Bulley has said the mum was seen "laughing and joking" moments before she vanished. The friend, who wishes to stay anonymous, said she has spoken to a pair who believe they were the last people to see Nicola before she went missing.

She said: "They say she was laughing and joking with them as she went by." She also said dog walkers saw the phone and recognised the picture on the screensaver.

Unable to unlock the phone, she said they contacted a friend who then called St Michael's-on-Wyre Church of England Primary School, where Nicola had dropped her two children earlier that morning. The friend said partner Paul Ansell was contacted and went to the scene and called the police.

"As far as I’m aware, no one called the police until Paul arrived," she said. The friend then said the dog walker saw Willow and the harness and lead on the floor. Then a male dog walker, who came behind her, spotted the phone.

She said: "The gent has looked on the floor and two feet from the bench there’s a phone. I think she’s either been faffing about at the edge of the river because the dog’s been smelling fishing bait and she’s slipped or she’s had a medical episode."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/friend-says-missing-nicola-bulley-26134452

Earlier the woman who raised the alarm about Nicola after she came across the mum-of-two's "worried" dog by the side of the river said she hoped nothing "bad" had happened to her.

The shop owner, who asked not to be named, also found her mobile phone on a bench by the side of the river, under a tree which has a sign warning of deep water nailed to it.

She said: She said: "I saw the dog and I recognised it, but I suddenly couldn't think whose dog it was.

"There was a mobile phone on the bench and there was also something between the bench and the river so I went and looked, and it was a dog harness...

"I know of her and her partner because I walk around the river a lot to pass the time.

"I always say morning to them or comment on how it's a lovely day but that's all.

"It's just awful, I hope to God that it's not a bad outcome."

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/nicola-bulley-missing-search-lancashire-dog-walker-125240627.html

If the second witness is without a dog snd someone who knows Nicola then it backs a theory that she may have been intending to meet someone she knew, perhaps for work related reasons.
Yes 100% IMO. I have reservations over this second witness. <modsnip> JMO MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
''We can now confirm the following timings from the morning Nicola was last seen:

8.43am – Nicola walked along the path by the River Wyre, having dropped her children off at school

8:50am (approximately) - A dog-walker – somebody who knows Nicola – saw her walking around the lower field with her dog. Their two dogs interacted briefly before the witness left the field via the river path

8.53am – She sent an email to her boss

9.01am – She logged into a Teams call

9.10am (approximately) – A witness – somebody who knows Nicola – saw her on the upper field walking her dog, Willow. Work is ongoing today to establish exactly what time this was.

9.30am – The Teams call ended but Nicola stayed logged on

9.35am (approximately) – Nicola’s mobile phone and Willow were found at a bench by the river by another dog-walker.''

The whole part about the phone and how it got there is where is gets confusing...These two accounts share some parts but contradict each other too...

A friend of missing Nicola Bulley has said the mum was seen "laughing and joking" moments before she vanished. The friend, who wishes to stay anonymous, said she has spoken to a pair who believe they were the last people to see Nicola before she went missing.

She said: "They say she was laughing and joking with them as she went by." She also said dog walkers saw the phone and recognised the picture on the screensaver.

Unable to unlock the phone, she said they contacted a friend who then called St Michael's-on-Wyre Church of England Primary School, where Nicola had dropped her two children earlier that morning. The friend said partner Paul Ansell was contacted and went to the scene and called the police.

"As far as I’m aware, no one called the police until Paul arrived," she said. The friend then said the dog walker saw Willow and the harness and lead on the floor. Then a male dog walker, who came behind her, spotted the phone.

She said: "The gent has looked on the floor and two feet from the bench there’s a phone. I think she’s either been faffing about at the edge of the river because the dog’s been smelling fishing bait and she’s slipped or she’s had a medical episode."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/friend-says-missing-nicola-bulley-26134452

Earlier the woman who raised the alarm about Nicola after she came across the mum-of-two's "worried" dog by the side of the river said she hoped nothing "bad" had happened to her.

The shop owner, who asked not to be named, also found her mobile phone on a bench by the side of the river, under a tree which has a sign warning of deep water nailed to it.

She said: She said: "I saw the dog and I recognised it, but I suddenly couldn't think whose dog it was.

"There was a mobile phone on the bench and there was also something between the bench and the river so I went and looked, and it was a dog harness...

"I know of her and her partner because I walk around the river a lot to pass the time.

"I always say morning to them or comment on how it's a lovely day but that's all.

"It's just awful, I hope to God that it's not a bad outcome."

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/nicola-bulley-missing-search-lancashire-dog-walker-125240627.html
I find this very odd that there were two witnesses before NB vanished and two different witnesses after. Clearly this is a popular route....

Probably although would the dog become upset? <modsnip - off topic>
<modsnip> If they do a reconstruction with Willow, I suspect two things will happen:
1. She will make straight for the place where she last saw Nicola.
2. She will show clear signs of distress/agitation at that place.

Last edited by a moderator:
The phone and lead both being on the ground would indicate something sudden happened close to the bench.
If the dog had been wet I would be inclined to believe that NB fell in, perhaps because the dog was in difficulty.

If NB fell in or someone pushed her into the river the dog would have gone in after her unless it was tied up for a period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper