Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much mention of dogs searching? Because they would pick up a trail

Surely the longer it goes on and she is still missing they must be looking at other options . IMO you wouldn't just have one and only one line of enquiry . Can only think they don't want to show thier hand and let everyone know what they have got . They hold things back as they would want someone to slip up and give them something that hasn't been released to the public . That is my pennies worth on why we have no real info to get to grips with and of course it's all MOO and could be completely wrong ! X
Having followed many missing cases over the years on here, its down to the Police person in charge of the investigation as to what they investigate. If that person holds fast that the logical thing is the water then everyone has to follow that. Even if the public are saying 'I would consider two possibilites and one of them is nefarious'. It also could be down to money as something more sinister involves a lot of police personnel. JMO MOO ps it gets really frustrating for us. Also when people have ended up in water it can take months for them to be found so that is frustrating too. Nothing we can do about it. I followed one case recently in the states where a woman went missing. Body found soon after. Straight away police stated they were looking for a perp. In the end they said no-one else was involved. Not sure we all believed that, but that's how it works all over the world. I just hope for NB's sake and all her loved ones this case is solved a lot faster. MOO.

Edited to add the word: Police, for clarity.

From link, ty!
View attachment 399666

''We can now confirm the following timings from the morning Nicola was last seen:

8.43am – Nicola walked along the path by the River Wyre, having dropped her children off at school

8:50am (approximately) - A dog-walker – somebody who knows Nicola – saw her walking around the lower field with her dog. Their two dogs interacted briefly before the witness left the field via the river path

8.53am – She sent an email to her boss

9.01am – She logged into a Teams call

9.10am (approximately) – A witness – somebody who knows Nicola – saw her on the upper field walking her dog, Willow. Work is ongoing today to establish exactly what time this was.

9.30am – The Teams call ended but Nicola stayed logged on

9.35am (approximately) – Nicola’s mobile phone and Willow were found at a bench by the river by another dog-walker.''
The first witness is specifically stated as a dog walker, the second is a witness. Does this suggest that the second witness was without a dog and is that significant? I’m having issues with the second witness particularly due to the wording from the police about establishing exact times. JMO.

I’ve got a horrible feeling about this but hope for her families sake my gut is proven wrong, how do we know it was Nicola herself sending the work email or logging onto the teams call, could it be whoever had her phone before it was left near the bench? Something hasn’t been adding up from the get go and I can’t pin point why when I stay so far away and don’t know the area. The fact she does the same walk is provoking a horrible feeling this wasn’t a random gone missing case and potentially pre planned
I have had the same gut feeling for the last few days. It could have been pre planned by someone who knows her well.

Could NB swim? Could you be so scared of being in water that you go into some form of shock?
Read that her father (or FIL?) had said shes a strong swimmer
x

Sadly this sounds all too plausible. Playing near the water with Willow while half listening into the Teams call on her AirPods, phone just sitting on the bench.
It’s not impossible, but I don’t think you’d leave your phone on a bench and walk off wearing EarPods (incase someone took it). Surely you’d just put it in your pocket or have it in your hand?

This is one of the strangest cases I can recall. I Think the seeming lack of police activity, appeals and updates a week on makes it appear that way.

The 09:10 one, and the timing of it, seems to be key and the Police statement on it says "Work is ongoing today to establish exactly what time this was."
I agree, also the way the police state - ‘A witness – somebody who knows Nicola’, sounds a bit odd - maybe the original time given by the witness as 9.10, does fit with the rest of the timeline.

Yes I did find that whole rushing off for an appointment thing a bit strange too - it was in the daily Mail I believe. Starting to just listen to press releases from the police now. JMO.

If it was an NHS appointment it could be a home phone or video hospital appointment. They keep getting cancelled because of strikes atm so you wouldn't want to miss your next appointment. I've had an appointment with a Consultant cancelled and another medical hospital appointment cancelled and so I'm really keen not to miss the next one - ironically someone asked me to give them a lift the morning of the postponed consultant one and I've had to say No. So it could be as simple as this. You phone someone to send help and dash off back to your appointment.

Edited to add the words it and be for clarity.

My first instinct on this was the obvious, she fell in the water with some accident relating to the dog. I'm swaying back that way now but my only question is around the second witness. Maybe this person didn't actually see her where they said they did and is in some way involved? They were said to be known to her. Pure speculation and I fear the obvious solution will be the one that is true.

My other thought was around her ending up in the water. Obviously she wasn't chasing the dog in to the water as dog was dry. Could someone possibly have pushed her in and then tied dog to bench where dog got so upset it slipped the harness eventually?

Pure speculation and moo

Read that her father (or FIL?) had said shes a strong swimmer

It’s not impossible, but I don’t think you’d leave your phone on a bench and walk off wearing EarPods (incase someone took it). Surely you’d just put it in your pocket or have it in your hand?

This is one of the strangest cases I can recall. I Think the seeming lack of police activity, appeals and updates a week on makes it appear that way.
I would have thought they would be doing a reconstruction tomorrow morning,one week on

I agree, also the way the police state - ‘A witness – somebody who knows Nicola’, sounds a bit odd - maybe the original time given by the witness as 9.10, does fit with the rest of the timeline.
Yes I was thinking this too - The first witness is specifically stated as a dog walker, the second is a witness. Does this suggest that the second witness was without a dog and is that significant? I’m having issues with the second witness particularly due to the wording from the police about establishing exact times. JMO.

Source - Lancashire Constabulary - Search continues for Nicola Bulley as potential new witness is sought

<Cut for brevity>
'I don’t think you’d leave your phone on a bench and walk off wearing EarPods (incase someone took it)'
<Cut for brevity>
I've done this exact thing a few times. Especially when I first got wireless buds. I'm in my 40's and used to wired headphones. So leaving my phone down and wandering off out the house listening to music became a bit of inside joke with me and my missus. I'd only realise when the connection dropped..

I'm not asserting that NB had wireless AirPods. But it's a possibility.

The 'missing' 15 minutes before she logged onto the call seem strange to me. According to the timeline of events so far, she reached the gate at 8.46 but didn't log onto the call until 9.01 (presumably 1 minute late for a 9am meeting). I wonder if the witness' timings were off, and NB actually walked her dog round the field before the call (the perimeter of the field is around half a mile, so plenty of time to do the route found on her Strava and make it back to the bench by 9.01). Would explain why she was sighted at the far end of the field (albeit timings possibly 20 minutes out), but also how she was able to make it back to the bench where her possessions were ultimately found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member