Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The police probably did consider foul play from the get-go hence making the national news so early on.

But you are right about the failure to close off possible crime scenes.
Somebody on this thread mentioned that the news reporter sat on the bench, does that imply that they're not considering it as evidence?

Looking at the update on the daily mail it is suggested she arrived at the bench at 8:56. She was then spotted by a witness further east at 9:10.
To me this suggests she was either returning to the car and arrived at the gate nearer 9:30 or someone placed her items on the bench to conceal the fact she had actually travelled further east.

They are referencing her previous Strava maps so made me wonder if she owned a smart watch or other tracking device? Perhaps her phone would show the location and route Prior to being placed on the bench. If there was something sinister I cant understand why they didn’t destroy the phone or throw it into the river.
GPS and phone signals may provide info from her phone?

I strongly feel she never reached the area where the phone and dog were found.

MOO

There was a timeline on the previous thread no. 2, not sure if it was by @dotr or not (apologies if not). It mentioned witness sightings in an upper and a lower field. Is there a map showing the upper and lower field and the bench location? EDITED to add I've had many replies showing the map with these things on. Thank you.

Last edited:
I think the dogs mingled with the first witness and she was just seen by the second witness although they are not sure on the exact timings for the 2nd.

The wording about the second witness does seem a bit vague (about trying to establish exact time)….could be an unreliable witness,
or something nefarious or the person just wasn’t sure of the time when they spoke to police. JMO.

VIDEO at link shows the area well..
ETA
''The last known movements of missing dog walker Nicola Bulley have been revealed by police.

Nicola Bulley, 45, a mortgage advisor, was last seen on Friday morning at around 9.20am while walking her dog alongside the River Wyre in St Michael’s on Wyre, Lancashire.

She had just dropped off two her daughters, aged six and nine, at the local school in the village.

Ms Bulley’s phone was found, apparently still engaged on a work call, on a park bench nearby, along with the harness and lead for her dog, Willow, a springer spaniel.''

Timeline of Nicola Bulley’s last known movements

8.43am – Nicola walked along the path by the River Wyre, having dropped her children off at school

8:50am (approximately) - A dog-walker – somebody who knows Nicola – saw her walking around the lower field with her dog. Their two dogs interacted briefly before the witness left the field via the river path

8.53am – She sent an email to her boss

9.01am – She logged into a Teams call

9.10am (approximately) – A witness – somebody who knows Nicola – saw her on the upper field walking her dog, Willow. Work is ongoing today to establish exactly what time this was.

9.30am – The Teams call ended but Nicola stayed logged on

9.35am (approximately) – Nicola’s mobile phone and Willow were found at a bench by the river by another dog-walker.

Nicola%20Bulley%20map%20update2.jpg

(Datawrapper/The Independent)
Since her disappearance, Lancashire Constabulary has carried out a “thorough” search of the area, including the river.

Yes I guess if she was threatened with a weapon JMO.
x
I’ve been lurking here. Some interesting theories but this is the one I agree with. The most obvious scenario is that she somehow ended up in the water and could not get out and she has sadly drowned. I hope they recover her body quickly but it may take weeks or months for it to reappear. I’d love for her to suddenly return home but I’m afraid this now seems unlikely. My thoughts go out to her family and friends.
Sadly this sounds all too plausible. Playing near the water with Willow while half listening into the Teams call on her AirPods, phone just sitting on the bench.

9.10am (approximately) – A witness – somebody who knows Nicola – saw her on the upper field walking her dog, Willow. Work is ongoing today to establish exactly what time this was.

Nicola%20Bulley%20map%20update2.jpg

(Datawrapper/The Independent)
Since her disappearance, Lancashire Constabulary has carried out a “thorough” search of the area, including the river.

LE marked the 09:10 sighting further East interestingly.

However, Lancashire police have specifically stated they have no evidence of third-party involvement/crime. Would they tell what would then be an outright lie?

Having 'no evidence' is likely the truth.
But that does not mean that the police do not now suspect third party involvement or suspect that a crime has been committed.

What has baffled a few of us on here has been the police's reluctance to consider the possibility of foul play from the outset. Failure to initially 'rope off' a potential crime scene seemed odd.
Surely the longer it goes on and she is still missing they must be looking at other options . IMO you wouldn't just have one and only one line of enquiry . Can only think they don't want to show thier hand and let everyone know what they have got . They hold things back as they would want someone to slip up and give them something that hasn't been released to the public . That is my pennies worth on why we have no real info to get to grips with and of course it's all MOO and could be completely wrong ! X

From link, ty!
1675369816472.png

''We can now confirm the following timings from the morning Nicola was last seen:

8.43am – Nicola walked along the path by the River Wyre, having dropped her children off at school

8:50am (approximately) - A dog-walker – somebody who knows Nicola – saw her walking around the lower field with her dog. Their two dogs interacted briefly before the witness left the field via the river path

8.53am – She sent an email to her boss

9.01am – She logged into a Teams call

9.30am – The Teams call ended but Nicola stayed logged on

9.35am (approximately) – Nicola’s mobile phone and Willow were found at a bench by the river by another dog-walker.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member