Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just trying to grip the work stuff up in my mind. I don't think it amounts to anything significant to be honest, but I just want to close the circle on a few thoughts. Sorry if I've missed it upthread.

1. When NB's mother spoke about her mood being good and happy about her mortgage, do we know if was this something to do with the family mortgage or closing a deal at work?

2. Was the meeting on Thursday night related to the team call on Friday morning?

This MSM is very odd. The lady recognised the dog over a person?

Source: Nicola Bulley: Shop owner 'found missing woman's dog running free and phone on bench'

There's no mention of the lead, only the harness between the river and the bench. Usually the lead clips on to the harness, what did the shop owner tie Willow up with?

The shop owner saw Willow, tied her up to the bench, presumably walked from the fields to her car to get to her appointment, had the appointment, drove home and spoke to her daughter-in-law who coincidentally knew the owner of the dog. How long after 9:35 when Willow was found, was this reported to the police?
As a dog lover I would certainly potentially recognise a dog over a person

Unless the suspect walked with her back to the bench? But then where would they take her?
They could take her anywhere they chose had they brandished a weapon.
And very quickly too.

There is ZERO evidence that such an event took place.

They could have avoided detection by ordering her to wear different clothes or a cover all.
Throw a ball for the dog, out the gate and away they go.

This was a regular route for anyone potentially stalking her to know her movements. But still find it hard to see how soneone could have got her away from the area. How far is it to nearest point where a car could be parked from that bench area?

The caravan park at the end of Allotment Lane, about 60m or Alltoment Lane itself, about 80m -> google map

Last edited:
<modsnip - not victim friendly>
Yes it's impossible to rule out foul play but imo the most likely explanation is (something like) her sitting on the bench, Willow goes haring off and maybe gets close to edge, Nicola drops phone and dashes across, grabs at Willow or trips and over the edge she goes. Sometimes life - and death - are that simple.
I’ve been lurking here. Some interesting theories but this is the one I agree with. The most obvious scenario is that she somehow ended up in the water and could not get out and she has sadly drowned. I hope they recover her body quickly but it may take weeks or months for it to reappear. I’d love for her to suddenly return home but I’m afraid this now seems unlikely. My thoughts go out to her family and friends.

And very quickly too.

They could have avoided detection by ordering her to wear different clothes or a cover all.
Yes I guess if she was threatened with a weapon JMO.

I'm just trying to grip the work stuff up in my mind. I don't think it amounts to anything significant to be honest, but I just want to close the circle on a few thoughts. Sorry if I've missed it upthread.

1. When NB's mother spoke about her mood being good and happy about her mortgage, do we know if was this something to do with the family mortgage or closing a deal at work?

2. Was the meeting on Thursday night related to the team call on Friday morning?
Hm. I cannot answer your questions. But the work meeting on Thursday evening must have been important. She met her boss in Garstang and her boss had to drive approx. 55 miles to get there (from Keighley).

<Quote>We took them home, Nicola had had a meeting with her boss in Garstang and she said can you stay a bit later because I have an important client coming in on Zoom. We said 'no problem' and stayed.</quote>

And then some of her last interactions before she disappeared were that email to her boss and the conference call.

Harness on lead trailing means that Nicola was walking the dog on the lead at the time she must have let go of dog.
Does this narrow down the point dog and Nicola would become separated. If I was taking my dog for a walk to this area it would be to let the dog off and run.
Why was dog on lead, was it a leads only part of walk??

Also in Police timeline and Mail video of last walk, Dog was found roaming on or close to caravan site and off lead.
That speaks volumes to me.
I agree about the caravan site. There is an access road from the caravan site to the footpath.
The dog/phone could have been placed over the gated section by someone but dog got through and gone to where its nose takes it. JMO

Watching the Daily Mail video the part of the route where she would be most vulnerable to being abducted by someone who had access to a car would be on the part of the path near The Oaks/Wyreside Farm caravan park, where there seem to be a couple of paths that look accessible by car and that go quite close to where she was walking. She would have walked that way and then was seen walking round the lower and upper fields around 9.10am, and then presumably intended to walk back the same way she'd come, again past that part of the path.

And very quickly too.

Is the tree behind the bench big enough to obscure someone hiding ? Are all the leaves off the trees in the area, have people also looked up when conducting the searches for NB?
imo, speculation, fwiw.

I think people get a false sense of security, because it's their local area, I see many woman walking their dogs on the own near me, up passed the fields etc, and maybe feel protected because they have a dog. I don't do those walks alone, my partner or son come with me.
I can't speak for every one but I enjoy walking in the countryside and enjoy seeing my dogs enjoying themselves , but I can't deny there are times when my heart is in my mouth over certain people you may meet on walks but what's the alternative . Sadly I think it works both ways I would think some lone men may not walk in fear of being seen as a threat . Someone I know who was a dog walker until he lost his dog bought himself some of those big Walking sticks in order to carry on going up the fields and his words was so he didn't look like a perv walking about on his own .

Watching the Daily Mail video the part of the route where she would be most vulnerable to being abducted by someone who had access to a car would be on the part of the path near The Oaks/Wyreside Farm caravan park, where there seem to be a couple of paths that look accessible by car and that go quite close to where she was walking. She would have walked that way and then was seen walking round the lower and upper fields around 9.10am, and then presumably intended to walk back the same way she'd come, again past that part of the path.
Yes I agree for access by a car that would be the case but up by Rowanwater there appears to be a road aswell but not sure if it’s fenced off or if you can just walk straight onto it. Anyone local know? JMO.

Attachments

• E5CACE96-F459-4D25-AB9B-862DF2FF6728.jpeg
    E5CACE96-F459-4D25-AB9B-862DF2FF6728.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 19
Long walk and across main road where there is no crossing and over bridge and on further and through gates many and she gets to the bench. Daily Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the update on the daily mail it is suggested she arrived at the bench at 8:56. She was then spotted by a witness further east at 9:10.
To me this suggests she was either returning to the car and arrived at the gate nearer 9:30 or someone placed her items on the bench to conceal the fact she had actually travelled further east.

They are referencing her previous Strava maps so made me wonder if she owned a smart watch or other tracking device? Perhaps her phone would show the location and route Prior to being placed on the bench. If there was something sinister I cant understand why they didn’t destroy the phone or throw it into the river.

Looking at her Facebook page she did take Willow’s harness off when she was off her lead (to keep it dry if Willow went in water?) and Willow clearly loved being around water.

Is there a chance Willow ran off (but didn’t go in the water) and NB whilst sidetracked on the phone panicked when she couldn’t find her thinking she was in the river and went in and slipped and for whatever reason managed to get into serious trouble?

Would she recall Willow first or was she adamant in her own mind that Willow was in the river and she needed to save her?

Hm. I cannot answer your questions. But the work meeting on Thursday evening must have been important. She met her boss in Garstang and her boss had to drive approx. 55 miles to get there (from Keighley).

"We took them home, Nicola had had a meeting with her boss in Garstang and she said can you stay a bit later because I have an important client coming in on Zoom. We said 'no problem' and stayed.

Her parents said that she had already had the meeting when they got back with the children so it was probably a daytime one. Then she had a Zoom call for which they stayed until she finished.

Devastated parents promise to never stop looking for mum-of-two who vanished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members