Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it strange that when Willow was found running free, she was tied to the bench and left. If the owner was nowhere to be seen, I'd immediately think something was wrong. I'd put her lead on and take her home with me, even if I had an appointment to keep.
Yes I did find that whole rushing off for an appointment thing a bit strange too - it was in the daily Mail I believe. Starting to just listen to press releases from the police now. JMO.

I was waiting for my son from school several years ago. A lady in her mid 40’s - younger than I am now - came round the corner and quite gently nudged / scraped about 4 cars before coming to a stop. Despite all efforts - some medically trained parents - she passed away. It was a stoke . No previous symptoms. I am not suggesting this happened here - especially as the intensive search has yielded nothing as far as I am aware but possible ?
That thought crossed my mind, any sort of unexpected health event could have put NB into a 'stunned' state of mind, such as taking off the dog lead, wandering in the wrong direction, desperately needing a washroom, etc. imo, speculation.

Apparently she was found harness on, with the lead trailing.
Harness on lead trailing means that Nicola was walking the dog on the lead at the time she must have let go of dog.
Does this narrow down the point dog and Nicola would become separated. If I was taking my dog for a walk to this area it would be to let the dog off and run.
Why was dog on lead, was it a leads only part of walk??

Also in Police timeline and Mail video of last walk, Dog was found roaming on or close to caravan site and off lead.
That speaks volumes to me.

rbbm
''According to police, her mobile phone was found on a bench near to where she was last seen. Her dog, springer spaniel Willow, was found loose between the river and bench.''
1675366050248.png

1675366162855.png

1675366182135.png
Map showing where the River Wyre flows after St Michael's on Wyre (Image: Google Maps)

''Kev said the team was contacted at around midday on Friday and he was at the search site within an hour, and they didn't leave until 8pm that night. He said: "We probably searched a mile north upstream and then we probably searched probably three miles downstream. We covered quite a bit."

''The River Wyre is approximately 28 miles long. It begins in the Forest of Bowland near the village of Abbeystead, running south through Dolphinholme. The Lancaster Canal crosses the Wyre as it flows through Garstang. It continues to St Michael's on Wyre, which was where Nicola was last seen. Here it is joined by its second major tributary, the River Brock. It becomes tidal below the weir at St Michael's.

It then carries alongside Great Eccleston, Larbreck, Little Singleton, up to Thornton Cleveleys and past Hambleton where it widens, before flowing out to sea at Fleetwood - around 13 miles from where Nicola was last seen.''

The teams call jumps out at me the most. Why would she still be connected? If the meeting had ended, wouldn’t she have disconnected? It’s always the first thing I do. I wouldn’t put my phone down on the bench if the call had ended, without disconnecting first because I’d worry about forgetting it was connected.

So, if it hadn’t ended then wouldn’t the other person have seem/heard something? If she put her phone down for a moment to check something, surely they’d be aware?

The teams call jumps out at me the most. Why would she still be connected? If the meeting had ended, wouldn’t she have disconnected? It’s always the first thing I do. I wouldn’t put my phone down on the bench if the call had ended, without disconnecting first because I’d worry about forgetting it was connected.

So, if it hadn’t ended then wouldn’t the other person have seem/heard something? If she put her phone down for a moment to check something, surely they’d be aware?
Seemingly reports of numerous people on call

A suggestion that NB may have left her phone on the bench and wandered off got me thinking:

Working around the phone being ON the bench, and with the assumption that NB had earpods.

And assuming that she left the phone accidently on the bench while walking off listening to the Teams call and distracted by the dog. (This is a drawback from having AirPods... I'm always walking off from my phone....)

I've researched Airpod ranges (quoted at being 30-60ft) and tested my Airpods in an open field (which yielded surprisingly impressive results...) I managed to get to about 130 feet (40 meters). Meaning that NB couldn't have left this circle without her Airpods disconnecting and going back for the phone.
<modsnip - no source link for image>

The call was on mute and the video was turned off. She was listening to the meeting but not participating.

This MSM is very odd. The lady recognised the dog over a person?

Source: Nicola Bulley: Shop owner 'found missing woman's dog running free and phone on bench'

There's no mention of the lead, only the harness between the river and the bench. Usually the lead clips on to the harness, what did the shop owner tie Willow up with?

The shop owner saw Willow, tied her up to the bench, presumably walked from the fields to her car to get to her appointment, had the appointment, drove home and spoke to her daughter-in-law who coincidentally knew the owner of the dog. How long after 9:35 when Willow was found, was this reported to the police?

The phone was on mute, camera off - how should the others be aware if she wasn‘t present in person?

That walk looks so secluded not somewhere I would go alone.
The road looks a very busy one, could someone have spotted her walking and followed her?
Has the whole route been searched? Looks like a lot of bushes & undergrowth.
I think people get a false sense of security, because it's their local area, I see many woman walking their dogs on the own near me, up passed the fields etc, and maybe feel protected because they have a dog. I don't do those walks alone, my partner or son come with me.

<modsnip - not victim friendly>
Yes it's impossible to rule out foul play but imo the most likely explanation is (something like) her sitting on the bench, Willow goes haring off and maybe gets close to edge, Nicola drops phone and dashes across, grabs at Willow or trips and over the edge she goes. Sometimes life - and death - are that simple.

I do my teams meeting with no video and muted because I don’t do my hair or makeup and the background noises in the lab. I can step away if I need to and no one is wiser.

Given the tight timeline I wonder if the dog was running about, got too close to waters edge, she put down phone to go to him and slipped/tripped/fell into water. I know they have searched but it may take some time.

All IMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members