Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But why did they just assume that unless they had any evidence/intel of it? it's one thing to 'think' thats what probably might have happened, but another entirely to say it in public.
Seems strange to assume she’s fallen in to the water purely because she was walking near to a river, unless there’s any specific evidence to suggest she might have - slip marks, flattened grass, someone saw something floating in the water downstream etc.

Seems diversionary IMO.

But why did they just assume that unless they had any evidence/intel of it? it's one thing to 'think' thats what probably might have happened, but another entirely to say it in public.
That's a question they need to answer for real.

Maybe there is information we are not privy to surrounding mental health, financial or personal affairs, or any other they do not want to discuss.

Maybe the police just have made a few mistakes and not been very good at their jobs.

Again.

JMO

Seems strange to assume she’s fallen in to the water purely because she was walking near to a river, unless there’s any specific evidence to suggest she might have - slip marks, flattened grass, someone saw something floating in the water downstream etc.

Seems diversionary IMO.
Most people who go missing near water end up having died due to water from the cases I've seen. Particularly where there is no body fairly soon and seemingly no other sign of life.

JMO.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm aware of the 'abandoned' house on the opposite side of the river that everyone keeps discussing which is why I said, NOT the abandoned house across from the bench. The article I linked Mirror is talking about a different 'abandoned' home between the village hall & Ivy Dene Alpacas. This second abandoned home is the first place PA went to search upon hearing of NB's disappearance. The area around the village hall & these alpacas looks pretty well populated, but something about the area made PA think to go there straightaway. That is what seems off to me.
The article clearly states

She described how on Sunday morning local residents then met at the village hall, alongside Paul, at around 10.30am to organise their own search.

Paul is understood to have searched a different abandoned house in between the village hall and the Ivy Dene Alpacas site prior to the meeting.

He didn't search it until Sunday on his way to join up with the search party.

I think this second witness that saw NB at 09:10 is key, they knew her as well. So that is at least one person in that field that knew her. Why it is taking so long to verify the time ? The more i think about it the more confusing it gets. IMO

That's a question they need to answer for real.

Maybe there is information we are not privy to surrounding mental health, financial or personal affairs, or any other they do not want to discuss.

Maybe the police just have made a few mistakes and not been very good at their jobs.

Again.

JMO
Yes certainly. There is of course every possibility there are various matters they have information about that they don't want to disclose, but I'm not picking up that kind of vibe. If it was things along those lines I would be expecting more appeals from LE and her family for her to get in touch/let someone know she is safe

@ShireChe they did say no reason to believe third party . Blah blah “At This Time” I definitely heard them say that.
So haven’t ruled it out completely

<modsnip - off topic>

That does not mean police are not actively looking into foul play. And I suspect they were from the very beginning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I'm aware of the 'abandoned' house on the opposite side of the river that everyone keeps discussing which is why I said, NOT the abandoned house across from the bench. The article I linked Mirror is talking about a different 'abandoned' home between the village hall & Ivy Dene Alpacas. This second abandoned home is the first place PA went to search upon hearing of NB's disappearance. The area around the village hall & these alpacas looks pretty well populated, but something about the area made PA think to go there straightaway. That is what seems
I thought this myself. Like why did he go specifically there to search for her. Seems a bit strange imo.

Yes, I'm aware of the 'abandoned' house on the opposite side of the river that everyone keeps discussing which is why I said, NOT the abandoned house across from the bench. The article I linked Mirror is talking about a different 'abandoned' home between the village hall & Ivy Dene Alpacas. This second abandoned home is the first place PA went to search upon hearing of NB's disappearance. The area around the village hall & these alpacas looks pretty well populated, but something about the area made PA think to go there straightaway. That is what seems off to me.
I was curious about PA searching a property prior to meeting the main search party too. The only one I can see that looks empty on Google strert maps in that location is a bungalow on the main road, taken a year ago. If that's the same property, why would he think to search that?

Even if the police suspect third party involvement and have a suspect in mind, they still have to scour the river to examine the possibility that she fell in accidentally. Failure to do so now could undermine any criminal case that might take place in future.
In the event of foul play being involved, there is also the possibility of finding something incriminating which has been thrown into the river.

I think this second witness that saw NB at 09:10 is key, they knew her as well. So that is at least one person in that field that knew her. Why it is taking so long to verify the time ? The more i think about it the more confusing it gets. IMO
Because witness testimony is statistically unreliable. And humans aren't great at remembering time. As a kid, if I ever saw my teacher look at her watch, I'd wait a few seconds and ask her the time. She always used to look at her watch *again* which made me chuckle. Simple things please simple minds I guess.

Even if the police suspect third party involvement and have a suspect in mind, they still have to scour the river to examine the possibility that she fell in accidentally. Failure to do so now could undermine any criminal case that might take place in future.
In the event of foul play being involved, there is also the possibility of finding something incriminating which has been thrown into the river.
Of course. They will be looking at every possibility. We are only getting a small picture of what is going on.

Yes all along I’ve thought they aren’t looking just for a body

Scenario in my mind could be that she sat at bench playing ball perhaps with the dog. Dog tends to enjoy water so harness and lead off makes sense in the event the dog decides to swim. Could be that the ball got stuck along the edge somewhere and she crouched to get it losing balance falling head first. Waters would be very cold so possibly shock of the cold or bump to head leaving her unconscious and ultimately taken by the water.
Yes this is also one of my theories. MOO

<modsnip - off topic>

What I’m confused about is no information regarding personal effects from LE here re NB, no comment re bank acc used/not used, passport located or not, car keys located or not, was she carrying a bag when seen by witnesses, is there a second phone work/non work and is that missing all of which are super relevant if it’s a genuine no third party involvement enquiry as they have been suggesting.
Just soooo many questions with no detail all of this must be being withheld for a good reason of course but what, it’s baffling JMO

For me, now piecing a few other bits together (like the anonymity of witnesses) suggests the police knew there was foul play, however, as with a lot of cases like this, it’s someone known to the victim, so they’re watching someone.

I know where my money is right now, but I wont say anything.
Please do!

I think it’s clear there are only 3 ways out of the area where NB was on Friday.
1- back out the way she came in.
2- through the back of the caravan park and Allotment Lane
3- via the service road which runs through Rowanwater

Using Google maps to zoom in on option 3 there appear to be a row of car parking spaces at the very end of this road.

The end of this road and these parking spaces is just metres away from where NB was last seen at 9:10(approximately) in the upper field.

There are no video captures of her at all? We’re all the homes asked to see their camera footage? Surely there must be some if there was a capture of the lady in he red coat the police are talking to? No screams? No barking? A cell put on the bench and a loose dog? Was that walking Strava app she used set to public so that fellow walkers could see her route in real time? The silence and swiftness of her disappearance is so very questionable. <modsnip> she knew her abductor somehow, even superficially through that walking app if it was set to public on her privacy settings.

How do you know? What they are saying publically isn't what will be happening behind the scenes.
Because that is in fact what they are saying the tone will soon change when they say different and things actually start happening behind the scenes. JMO

Question: How long before a dog like willow would dry off? I've only ever had German Shepherds. Willow seems a lot shorter haired than any of my dogs. And if my GSD does anything physical, they can dry off fairly quickly with the body heat.

I know a witness has been quoted as saying the dog was "bone dry", but in this case, I'm inclined to take these statements with a pinch of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member