Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
- NB’s phone and Willow were found at 09:35 by a fellow dog walker. Someone contacted school at 10:50.
What on earth did they do for 75 mins? Was this one person or several? Did they seriously no try to contact anyone else for 75 mins then call the school which was only a few minutes walk away?
Did Willow not have contact details on her collar/harness? Did these people go down to the river and look for a signs of NB?
75 minutes is a long time to stand around looking at a loose dog and a mobile phone (which was still connected to a call)

So many missed opportunities to question LE today.

Hmm, to be honest if I found a phone and a dog harness my first thought wouldn't be to contact the police. On my local facebook community page, all manner of things get lost, found and posted, from wallets to bags to keys to mobiles. I don't think the police are ever called.

Plus there's a good chance that person is feeling terrible about not ringing the police sooner, so what good would blaming them in a public press conference do? It might cause a witch hunt. JMO

Supposedly last seen near Rowanwater. So if she was abducted who put the items at the bench and why was the dog near them?
Yes it’s a stretch I know - thinking someone who stalked her or knew her regular route took the dog and items and put them there after. But it’s such a tight timeline and risky being seen crossing the field. So maybe not.

Re- “Our main working hypothesis therefore is that Nicola has sadly fallen into the river, that there is no 3rd party or criminal involvement & that this is not suspicious but a tragic case of a missing person.”... Supt. Sally Riley.
While I agree with Supt. Riley that this is a tragic case of a missing person, I cannot agree, at this point, that this case does not remain suspicious. I have a number of factual reasons for this, including extensive professional searches of the river have failed to support LE's main - & apparently only - working hypothesis - & the last known sighting of NB was at 9.10am, well away from the bench & river. In ruling out the possibility that the phone & Willow could not have been placed in the bench area by a 3rd party suggests LE are NOT keeping an open mind on what has happened to NB. While I am anxious to support LE at every opportunity, it is with some disquiet that I have reservations that their rigid thinking from the outset on what has happened to NB, may not be in the public interest, nor that of her family. All IMO.
I agree

I haven’t much to add to this , frankly , disturbing case . Altho I do not doubt that the dog would’ve followed her a- into the river should she have fallen in , b- to wherever she went . Not too long ago I was walking in my local woods and I slipped on a mossy tree stump and slid down (a long way ) into what can only be described as a ravine . My dog (Labrador ) was straight beside me and made the biggest racket I’ve ever heard until someone came to help … luckily two strong hikers . My dog didn’t see me fall but he found me straight away. I’m aware that the dog MAY of tried it’s best to follow her and was quite simply unable to but I can’t get my head around anything with this case , apart from it is utterly shocking whatever has happened .
I think gate closed,& Willow cant follow:(

Yes it’s a stretch I know - thinking someone who stalked her or knew her regular route put them there after. But it’s such a tight timeline.
Anything is possible. I thought of that scenario myself but discounted it as it would require someone to cross the field to plant the items instead of taking them or chucking them. Plus the dog near the gate/bench area.

Hmm, to be honest if I found a phone and a dog harness my first thought wouldn't be to contact the police. On my local facebook community page, all manner of things get lost, found and posted, from wallets to bags to keys to mobiles. I don't think the police are ever called.

Plus there's a good chance that person is feeling terrible about not ringing the police sooner, so what good would blaming them in a public press conference do? It might cause a witch hunt. JMO
Absolutely no blame on anyone at all. We need to know what happened in those 75 mins then that’s understandable , we all react differently in unusual situations. It would just be nice to know the facts.

I’m not yet convinced she’s in the river just because there is an absence of evidence of all scenarios.

They did say there is no evidence yet that she is in the river but it’s their working hypothesis

They still have the lane to rule out

<modsnip - not victim friendly>

what about farm vehicles nearby? Quad bikes and the like?

Could have been a vehicle in allotment lane

Anyone could have placed the phone on the bench

Last edited by a moderator:
You you climb down that bank to retrieve a ball? At the end of a walk?

I wouldn’t.

If Willow is a ball lover, like many spaniels are, she’ll have plenty, and won’t be attached to one ball. They were presumably at the end of the walk and there would have been other balls at hom
Been trying to say this for 2 days
Rowan water is a gated compound no exit only by foot. There are x2 exit points via vehicle x1 leads to Blackpool Lane and Allotment lane leads onto Garstang Road. Here’s the links:

Google Earth Link

Rowan Waters

Google Earth
#googleearth

Blackpool Lane Gate … this exit point would mean she would need to be over the opposite side of river

Google Earth Link

Google Earth
#googleearth

Garstang Road from Allotment Lane

Google Earth
#googleearth

If Police believe that she fell in river, why are they continuing to do "have you seen" messages??
its highly unlikely that anyone saw her fall in the river, if they did they would have helped / gone for help.

No IMO this is an abduction or they believe that someone possibly could have seen Nicola after her dog and phone were found.

I think gate closed,& Willow cant follow:(
Thing is most dogs, especially spaniels, can always find a way. I have a large Muppet of a dog who, in a push, can find some sort of athleticism from somewhere and perform the most incredible jumps (we don't ask for them I hasten to add). Mother in law has 6 dogs (small and large) the spaniel X can clear a 5ft fence easily. The kissing gate wouldn't be a big enough obstacle IMO.

There's a reason spaniels are used as police dogs!

If the dog wasn’t wet and had no harness on then I don’t think it’s been playing fetch in the river, in a long grassy/bushy area yes, I know if the dogs ball/toy had gone in the river it would’ve tried to go in after it! That’s what mine would do, but lose it in the long grass or a bush it would be up to me to go looking! They would come back with a silly look and I’d end up in the middle of the thorniest bush around retrieving a ball JMO And when it was a tennis ball bobbing in the water they just couldn’t resist diving in! JMO

I think for Nicolas sake we must continue to look at other possibilities.
I can’t understand why the police are trying to say they are almost certain she is in the river but they have no evidence to suggest so & they have an exit 6-7 minutes walk away with no cctv.

Look at how well she knew the area, how many times has she been around that bench, she would know to be careful and if she had an accident where are the marks?
I’m not buying it.
She’s such an attractive lady too, which to me perhaps not rightly so but to me makes it even more likely someone has become obsessed with her & knows exactly when she will be there, they could have been waiting days/weeks for an opportunity when nobody was around.

<modsnip - discussion of voluntary disappearance is off limits>

Mine would! My phone is like my right arm, also contains my bank card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member