Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the similarities with the sad case of Libby Squires ? given that NB is presently a missing person?

Libby Squire - not Squires - was long believed to have been put in the River Hull as from pinpointing her last movements it was in the vicinity. The only connection so far is the water aspect.

As I have posted previously, there are many UK cases on WS where a young man (mainly young men) have gone missing near water, not found for weeks or months, then a body found. That's what makes me doubt police not having found anything yet. One young man in I think it was Workington had a dog too, and that was found on the bank of the river 'looking distressed'.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I will post it again in case someone finds it helpful and apologies to the mods if it should not be posted and you need to take it down again.

This was from just over 2 years ago but possibly gives an indication of the strength of the river currents at a similar place & time of year Hero retired police officers pull man and his bulldog from river
From your link.

Jackie and Jo Shove from Loveclough, Rossendale, were taking a walk in Garstang by the River Wyre when they met an elderly man and his bulldog George.

She said: “We were out for a walk in Garstang when we stopped to speak to the man then went our separate ways.

“The next thing I saw, the dog was running down the river bank and slipped down, almost drowning in the water because bulldogs cannot swim.

The man managed to get hold of his dog but could not get back out as the current carried them and he struggled to swim back out.

Wow. Just goes to show how easily it can happen.

I have to agree with the scenario that

I think she seen the dog go near the waters edge and so she put her phone down, (not wanting it to get wet in case she had to go in the water for the dog) and somehow lost her balance on the river bank that was relatively steep from the bench to the waters edge (she also could’ve tripped and hit her head before rolling into the water) a steep drop into the water, if she lost her balance trying to coax the dog back…sounds totally plausible to me….and having a long gillett on is like a sleeping bag (!) and would’ve been incredibly heavy once wet, probably causing her to panic in the water (as well as the cold water). Can you imagine ? I’m a strong swimmer and I get the shivers just thinking about that happening to me!

Seems to me like she stood little chance of surviving that…. Tragic.

One of the <modsnip - rude> comments, in this case, is that the dog would have followed her in the river. Well if that is the case that the dog has to follow the owner. Then why did the dog NOT follow her if she was abducted? Why did it hang around the river?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rivers aren’t the same depth from start to finish. The most recent police interview clarified they’d used a mix of search types including divers as well as wading through. The base can have gullies, chasms, silted up bits, is often deeper in the centre etc. once again I think people don’t respect outdoor water enough - rivers aren’t swimming pools and there is a lot of 3D undulation etc I a riverbed. It doesn’t surprise me whatsoever that one section can be waist high and the next unexpectedly deep.

The dog may also not have witnessed Nicola’s fall if it was off sniffing. Obviously she’d hang out last place she saw her mum but willow may not have seen her enter the water either. This wouldn’t necessarily jump in.
but if Willow was off sniffing Nicola had no reason to go to the bank.. I don't think we will ever know why she fell or why she went so close..but I cannot accept Willow not getting in with her if she was physically present or heard a splash. Springer.

but if Willow was off sniffing Nicola had no reason to go to the bank.. I don't think we will ever know why she fell or why she went so close..but I cannot accept Willow not getting in with her if she was physically present or heard a splash. Springer.
I’ve had many springers and you can’t keep them out of the water, one would dive underwater to fetch a weighted ball from the pool.
One used to swim so far off the beach in Florida that people would be alarmed and come say, “hey lady, do you see your dog out there?” Well yes, yes I do, do you think I should swim offshore to rescue her? Lol. What to do?
She encountered a Right whale one day, after that she stayed a little closer to shore.
There’s no way she wouldn’t go in the water if I did.
And surely Nicola knew her dog was a water dog and can swim better than most humans.

Looking for some clarification here please as I have been following the news about NB closely for the last week and am now confused about the timeline.

This is the official timeline by the Lancashire Police
Lancs Police Official NB timeline

Missing in that timeline or unclear when it happened (if it did) is the local business woman who FIRST found Willow roaming around alone.

She spoke to reporters and her account is here

Shop owner who found willow

In that article she found willow, and TIED her up at the bench. Went home for an appointment and could not stick around. She told her daughter who then alerted Paul A. And then the police. That is the sequence of events in that article as described by the woman who found willow.
So my questions are
- why is this event not listed in the official timeline by the police?
- what time did this happen?
- how much time elapsed between willow being tied up and the dog walkers arriving to find her for a second time alone.
- who actually called Paul? Was it the daughter of the woman or the dog walkers who found willow a second time.
- how did willow get free after being tied up, she was found with no leash or harness?
- who called the police then?!

I have read every article available now and I’m really perplexed why this woman’s actions and account are not included? It skips that willow was found by someone first and left alone tied to the bench.

Edited to add: MOO I do believe there is subtext surrounding the Fitbit, even the older models will live record your heart rate. I have one that is 6 years old and updates to my phone every few minutes. It’s also water proof. I actually think they know Nicola passed away in that river because her Fitbit recorded her potentially drowning and heart no longer beating. I actually believe they aren’t focusing on anything else because it’s almost a certainty using that data she has passed. They need the footage from the allotment lane almost to finalise and box it off, not leaving any stone unturned so to speak. MOO
If NBs Fitbit was set to sync automatically yes but mine doesn’t sync automatically. I physically have to go into the app to sync it (to save battery). JMO.

Have we found out if she had EarPods in or wired headphones? If it was EarPod style headphones, then she could have walked away from the phone on the bench to the bank whilst on the call. When I’m on work calls I often pace around with my EarPods in whilst listening in, so entirely plausible that she wouldn’t be sitting still. She may have walked towards the edge, peered over / seen something, then fell in.

If NBs Fitbit was set to sync automatically yes but mine doesn’t sync automatically. I physically have to go into the app to sync it (to save battery). JMO.

Yes. I wonder about this. e.g. I have garmin and if i don't open the app until late in the day, a lot of data has to sync before the app shows the current data. Also some data syncs immediately (steps) but activities don't sync until you complete the activity. What they might be able to see is when was the last time for phone was connected to the device (before it went out of range). In any event I don't think we can assume the fitbit is a live stream of data.

It seems like they have locational data off the phone, as they seem very clear when it was put on the bench i.e. it stopped moving.

Just a thought on the data from the phone depending on the model for example the iphone it has its own health app and if that was active it would give an amount of footsteps that NB had taken that day.
Yes. I wonder about this. e.g. I have garmin and if i don't open the app until late in the day, a lot of data has to sync before the app shows the current data. Also some data syncs immediately (steps) but activities don't sync until you complete the activity. What they might be able to see is when was the last time for phone was connected to the device (before it went out of range). In any event I don't think we can assume the fitbit is a live stream of data.

It seems like they have locational data off the phone, as they seem very clear when it was put on the bench i.e. it stopped moving.

Iam assuming the police would of looked at this already though and this would give them a rough idea on how far NB would have walked that day. It doesnt obviously take into account if anything happened to NB after 09.10 and another party was involved in planting the phone at the bench to indicate a different outcome IMO

Have we found out if she had EarPods in or wired headphones? If it was EarPod style headphones, then she could have walked away from the phone on the bench to the bank whilst on the call. When I’m on work calls I often pace around with my EarPods in whilst listening in, so entirely plausible that she wouldn’t be sitting still. She may have walked towards the edge, peered over / seen something, then fell in.
or even to look at a bird or a flower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member