Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If her long gillet wasn't fastened, it's possible it could have covered her head as she fell in, making it so much more difficult to save herself once in the water.

In my opinion: This is just my own story and applying LOGIC.

Dog lead on bench = no one else was around that she felt safe enough to let the dog roam.
Dog then spots a waterbird on the river, gets excited and in puruit jumps in.
Dog barks, struggles to get out of riverbank.
She knows she has to enter the river to save what she loves most.
Wants to places phone on the bank (her first thought) but places it safely on the bench (taking more time)
Guiltily (after making the dog wait - be it mere seconds) she steps in...and as many have mentioned above (water temperature causes shock) ...and like her pet she is placed in the same situation.
But manages to push to dog out.
A tragedy.
(There shoud be at least ONE place on the bank with torn grass... scrapes (maybe a still snapped branch) from where she helped lift her dog out... but she herself succumbed.)
This SPOT will be real close to the BENCH.
Although her body taken by the current.
Dog wasn't wet.

The dog not being wet is pretty crucial, unless it dried in time, which I've said earlier would be very unlikely in the cold weather. I can't see how the dog could have ever been in the water.

Harness off and phone on bench is fine. Dog roaming around.

But, something made her leave the phone on the bench. I said earlier it must have been something that made her think she didn't want to drop it in the river, or needed her hands free to do something, get something. But can't think what could have been so important to risk being close to the edge.

Her friend is spot on, until there is evidence she went in that water all other avenues must continue to be explored and open.

I fear the police botched this from the beginning, at the very least they should have cordoned the path way leading to gate and bench area where they believe NB entered the water. 8 days on and IF foul play was in play the whole area is contaminated. So sad.

I presume that her phone screen was unlocked to show the call.

Say NB was abducted, how would the person know that she was muted etc? They'd have been taking a very big chance.

Not if they were friendly at first and gestured to the phone and apologised for interrupting the call. She says don’t worry, she’s on mute.

I think there’s a big difference between clinging onto hope which is completely natural and going onto the worlds biggest social media platform and strongly opposing what the police said only hours before.
JMO It’s also an unusual picture to use
Hadn't seen that. I assume that's on Facebook?

Her friend is spot on, until there is evidence she went in that water all other avenues must continue to be explored and open.

I fear the police botched this from the beginning, at the very least they should have cordoned the path way leading to gate and bench area where they believe NB entered the water.
that's what they'll have been doing for the last 7 days- exploring all avenues

why do you think LE have botched the case, in what way?

Garstang lane has annoyed me, garstang road is one of the main roads in the area, that every local knows, no idea how that was wrong in the press conference! Along with the mention of no cctv in an area that leads out onto garstang road towards the A6 which is a major road in the area, does give me hope that she hasn’t gone into the river
There’s no Garstang LANE. It’s Garstang ROAD.
It was a factual error from the police. Which, given how crucial the exits onto this road could be is a very worrying error by them. JMO.

I doubt a fitbit could communicate with a phone if it was underwater, but if it did the police would have this info as part of the telephone data. JMO.

that's what they'll have been doing for the last 7 days- exploring all avenues

why do you think LE have botched the case, in what way?

Not cordoning off the area.
Giving the wrong street names which is crucial in this case to find out if NB left through that exit, which is a blind spot for cctv.
Timings of when the police arrived to when they were called (10:30am / 10:50am) still not clarified.
The list goes on. And I’m not trying to rubbish the police in anyway, hopefully in the background they are continuing to explore other avenues but going by NBs friends reactions on MSM this morning they also are feeling frustrated IMO

Last edited:
I'm a newbie, having followed this story from the start.

I'm leaning towards her having fallen in the river, as it seems the most simple explanation. There is one thing that others me though. I can totally get on board with the cold shock scenario but if you fell into the river, even a tumble down the bank at speed, you wouldn't end up far from the bank at all. Looking at the pictures of the police in the river, that area wasn't deep at all. If you fall in water fully clothed with two layers of padded coat/gilet, they won't become water logged immediately (most coats have a minimal amount of water resistance) you would have a few seconds to right yourself and potentially stand up or take a layer off.

Also, the padding of the coat and gilet would protect your body from the initial cold, the water wouldn't get to your torso until it had waterlogged all the layers, again giving you time to stand, shout, scramble out.

I doubt a fitbit could communicate with a phone if it was underwater, but if it did the police would have this info as part of the telephone data. JMO.

You can go swimming with a fitbit. Her phone was nearby so could have detected if she was in water, and if it syncs data to the app. Depends on the model. But, yes they would already have this data if so. Maybe they do.

In my opinion: This is just my own story and applying LOGIC.

Dog lead on bench = no one else was around that she felt safe enough to let the dog roam.
Dog then spots a waterbird on the river, gets excited and in puruit jumps in.
Dog barks, struggles to get out of riverbank.
She knows she has to enter the river to save what she loves most.
Wants to places phone on the bank (her first thought) but places it safely on the bench (taking more time)
Guiltily (after making the dog wait - be it mere seconds) she steps in...and as many have mentioned above (water temperature causes shock) ...and like her pet she is placed in the same situation.
But manages to push the dog out. (Panic at the bank) Relief from saving her dog creates an elation that drains her own strength...the strength needed to escape her own fate. She needed adrenaline.

A tragedy.​

(There shoud be at least ONE place on the bank with torn grass... scrapes (maybe a still snapped branch) from where she helped lift her dog out... but she herself succumbed.)

This SPOT will be real close to the BENCH.
Although her body placed elsewhere by the current.
Literally sliped away.
One problem. Dog was DRY.

I think there’s a big difference between clinging onto hope which is completely natural and going onto the worlds biggest social media platform and strongly opposing what the police said only hours before.
JMO It’s also an unusual picture to use
I agree , feels like they are concerned that people will just go with the one strong idea being told to the public and fear that other stuff could be over looked . I know they are doing all they can but some of the comments made by LE could feel like a closed book to people who desperately want some news . MOO always .

Not if they were friendly at first and gestured to the phone and apologised for interrupting the call. She says don’t worry, she’s on mute.
I suppose if she’s not speaking no one would even know she was on a call, people watch their phones all the time if she’s not talking it could be assumed she’s watching something.

I just don’t think there’s enough time for a third party to cause her to disappear without any witnesses at all. But stranger things have happened.

Hang on a minute. Just watching Sky News and reporter Martin Brunt is giving the timeline and saying at 8.47 NB was seen by red coat lady, that they knew each other and their dogs interacted before red coat lady left the area.
I thought in other reports red coat lady was baffled as to why the police wanted to speak to her as she had already told them she didn’t see NB???
View attachment 400088
She says she had already spoken to officers? She why the big appeal to find her again. So many confusing things going on

My springer spaniel gets very excited if there is a ball in the vicinity. He never takes his eye off the ball, he’ll jump & spin but won’t get under my feet. He’ll justwait for me to release the ball. Spaniels are very clever, they are bred to find & retrieve, many can retrieve balls with the command fetch it or find it, thus meaning the owner doesn’t have to. Mines also is a swimmer & doesn’t dry for hours after a swim, even with a drying coat on it still takes hours. I think what I’m saying is, if Nicola went near the water I can’t see that it’d be because of the dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist