Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogs don't shake themselves dry. When my dogs have been in the water, even with a rub down with a towel back at the car, it still takes a long time back home for them to dry off.
So why is everyone saying it was DRY??? When it's a wet cold humid day and a dog is being walked on long grass. Everyone should get that same dog... and go walk it in the same location.

So, back to the presser yesterday it was emphasised that a few exits were gated/locked so she couldn’t have went out through them, hopefully the person who has access to those keys has been spoken to. Or, would it just be the local council? Anyone know if there is private land on any of those exits.

So why is everyone saying it was DRY??? When it's a wet cold humid day and a dog is being walked on long grass. Everyone should get that same dog... and go walk it in the same location.
There's a vast difference between a dog being slightly damp from walking on wet grass and soaking wet from jumping in the river and most people can differentiate between the two, surely you realise that?

So, no ball or any other toys that we know of that could have ended up in the water that she tried to retrieve. The only reason I can see for her to go near to the edge is if the dog was close to the edge and was stuck or something, which again would be odd. I can think of no good reason to go to the edge of the river in such a manner to leave your phone at the top, unless she was helping the dog in a hurry. Slipping from the top is the most logical, but there are no signs of that happening.

Just going back over the crime statistics for violent/sexual offences since January 2022 in St Michaels Wrye for such a small community there does seem to be quite a number of offences that don't have any conclusion them and either unable to prosecute, under investigation or no suspect identified. I don't know whether this would be normal for an area this size or not but worryingly they all are relatively close to the area under current investigation. IMO

Local Crime Information for Wyre Bank, St. Michaels, Preston, PR3 0UP - February 2022

Local Crime Information for Wyre Bank, St. Michaels, Preston, PR3 0UP - May 2022

Local Crime Information for Wyre Bank, St. Michaels, Preston, PR3 0UP - June 2022

Local Crime Information for Wyre Bank, St. Michaels, Preston, PR3 0UP - August 2022

Local Crime Information for Wyre Bank, St. Michaels, Preston, PR3 0UP - September 2022

Local Crime Information for Wyre Bank, St. Michaels, Preston, PR3 0UP - October 2022

Local Crime Information for Wyre Bank, St. Michaels, Preston, PR3 0UP - November 2022

February 2022On or near Allotment Lane July 2022: Awaiting court outcome
February 2022On or near Allotment Lane July 2022: Awaiting court outcome
February 2022On or near Blackpool Lane July 2022: Unable to prosecute suspect

May 2022On or near Allotment Lane May 2022: Unable to prosecute suspect
May 2022On or near Allotment Lane May 2022: Unable to prosecute suspect

June 2022On or near Blackpool Lane June 2022: Unable to prosecute suspect

August 2022On or near Hall Lane September 2022: Unable to prosecute suspect

September 2022On or near Garstang Road October 2022: Local resolution

October 2022On or near Apple Tree Close October 2022: Under investigation
October 2022On or near Apple Tree Close October 2022: Under investigation
October 2022On or near Blackpool Lane November 2022: Unable to prosecute suspect

November 2022On or near The Oaks December 2022: Investigation complete; no suspect identified

With all due respect, we were not the ones on the ground on the day of the disappearance and I honestly fail to understand why any eye witnesses to the dog/the police (who believe NB entered the water) would say the dog was dry if it wasn’t. I’d go as far to say if the dog was wet it would help their ‘hypothesis’ that she is in the river. I would 100% lean more toward her being in the water too, jmo.

She says she had already spoken to officers? She why the big appeal to find her again. So many confusing things going on
I believe it was because she was seen walking down allotment lane, where the police state they have no cctv coverage possibly. .IMO

They take ages to dry.
I have a sprollie , its a springer x collie and even in the rain or wet long grass he doesn't dry quickly he will do all his shaking and we will towel dry him when home , but he is still damp enough to know he's been soaked . IMO Willow would have been in the cold weather .So there is no warmth from the sunshine drying her coat .

I have a spaniel, and yes, in grass the paws and lower legs get wet/damp. But if found by a river, someone would describe it as being dry because it's main body wouldn't be saturated.

FACTS:Lancaster 27th January. 87.7% humidity. 0.8mm precipitation.
Wind 26.3 Km/h

3C(37.4F)
...average 1C (with that speed of wind = freezing)

So... wet enough to rain? Yes (so cold it would have been almost snow)
Humid enough to create dew on grass. Yes

Ever seen a dog walk across grass and not get wet underneath? No.

And people keep sayingthe dog was dry.
Lancaster historical past weather | Weather25.com
There’s a huge difference between a dog wet from dew and a dog wet from being in water.

Maybe but if they had I would have expected MSM to report on it and they didn’t. News reporters were literally standing at the bench, sitting on the bench and touching the bench whislt reporting on the case the night/day after her disappearance.
They did say so. They tweeted it several times in response to that question. They treated that scene last Friday morning.

Lancashire Police

@LancsPolice
·
Feb 2

Replying to
@ChuckleMothers
and
@PrestonPolice
Hi there, to clarify we did evidence-gathering work around the bench when Nicola was first reported missing. The tape that has been put up today is simply to keep people away from the water’s edge while searches are continued. This is for the safety of divers.

Just going back over the crime statistics for violent/sexual offences since January 2022 in St Michaels Wrye for such a small community there does seem to be quite a number of offences that don't have any conclusion them and either unable to prosecute, under investigation or no suspect identified. I don't know whether this would be normal for an area this size or not but worryingly they all are relatively close to the area under current investigation. IMO

Local Crime Information for Wyre Bank, St. Michaels, Preston, PR3 0UP - February 2022

Local Crime Information for Wyre Bank, St. Michaels, Preston, PR3 0UP - May 2022

Local Crime Information for Wyre Bank, St. Michaels, Preston, PR3 0UP - June 2022

Local Crime Information for Wyre Bank, St. Michaels, Preston, PR3 0UP - August 2022

Local Crime Information for Wyre Bank, St. Michaels, Preston, PR3 0UP - September 2022

Local Crime Information for Wyre Bank, St. Michaels, Preston, PR3 0UP - October 2022

Local Crime Information for Wyre Bank, St. Michaels, Preston, PR3 0UP - November 2022

February 2022On or near Allotment LaneJuly 2022: Awaiting court outcome
February 2022On or near Allotment LaneJuly 2022: Awaiting court outcome
February 2022On or near Blackpool LaneJuly 2022: Unable to prosecute suspect

May 2022On or near Allotment LaneMay 2022: Unable to prosecute suspect
May 2022On or near Allotment LaneMay 2022: Unable to prosecute suspect

June 2022On or near Blackpool LaneJune 2022: Unable to prosecute suspect

August 2022On or near Hall LaneSeptember 2022: Unable to prosecute suspect

September 2022On or near Garstang RoadOctober 2022: Local resolution

October 2022On or near Apple Tree CloseOctober 2022: Under investigation
October 2022On or near Apple Tree CloseOctober 2022: Under investigation
October 2022On or near Blackpool LaneNovember 2022: Unable to prosecute suspect

November 2022On or near The OaksDecember 2022: Investigation complete; no suspect identified

Jesus, flashbacks of the Libby Squire investigation.

I think if Nicola has got up to help the dog, it would have seen her fall in. The fact that the dog was running between the bench and the gate suggests that the last time it saw Nicola was on the bench. So maybe the ball had run close to the river but the dog was elsewhere.

Placing the phone on the bench for me is fine. Leaving it there is another thing. It was an open area though. If it was me and it was more crowded I might still place my phone down next to me, but would pick it up if moving off, even if just for a look at something nearby. In an open area like that I might feel more comfortable leaving it on the bench if just stepping away a few meters to look at something. Which suggests she wasn't going far away. But something made her leave the bench area and take a look at something.

Wouldn’t the fit bit she was wearing sent alerts to her phone, upon entering the water her heart rate would have increased and when the cold temperature of the water hit, the heart rate would of dropped, wouldn’t this of been recorded by the fit bit?

Sometimes when you fall over you can lose your balance and stumble quite a distance before you either right yourself or fall flat. Doubly so if you are on a slope or uneven ground.

So I think it’s quite possible Nicola could have stumbled from a point not even that close to the edge of the bank and practically ‘run’ into the water while carried forward on the momentum of an initial stumble.

So I don’t think she necessarily needs a reason to have been going particularly close to the edge of the steep bank or retrieving a ball from the water or anything - simply walking about anywhere on the slope could potentially have been enough, and you can stumble along while remaining on your feet so not leaving obvious skid or slip marks.

I once witnessed someone trip over a step at a train station and they stumbled about 3m-4m forward and ended up over the edge of the platform onto the track (fortunately they seemed to be fine, they were helped up back onto the platform) - it looked almost as if they just launched themselves onto the train track. I could imagine a similar stumble in this case but leading over the edge of the riverbank.
Completely concur and a bench near a tree would have protruding roots around it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members