Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there was a coat in her car that NB put on?

If not, then the clothing description that was issued via the police and the clothes NB is wearing on the CCTV don't match which is a bit of a head scratcher.
I think that's very possible, I'm sure I'm not the only person who starts off in one set of clothes then changes coat if I'm going to be going for a walk. I can quite imagine loading the car then popping back inside to

JMO

It’s obviously MOO but I feel the police should release these images not a friend - it looks like frustration to me
They're really blurred, I don't believe they would have been useful at all. The colours are distorted because CCTV does that..
The police did release clear photographs of Nicola, lovely photographs.

I wonder if there was a coat in her car that NB put on?

If not, then the clothing description that was issued via the police and the clothes NB is wearing on the CCTV don't match which is a bit of a head scratcher.
I think that's very possible, I'm sure I'm not the only person who starts off in one set of clothes then changes coat if I'm going to be going for a walk. I can quite imagine loading the car then popping back inside to

JMO

This is the point I was making about the need for images of her. Her outfit is blue isn’t it? Dark Jeans but blue (unless it’s the colour of the doorbell cam) and that certainly is not a gilet.
<modsnip - not LE friendly>
If I saw this photo I wouldn’t necessarily say it was Nicola because of the gilet thing. And why haven’t the police released this, instead of loved ones.
<modsnip> She might have changed her coat and that might be exactly why they didn't release these photos. JMO

After seeing these new images I’ve noticed either the gillet or the coat underneath has a hood. The police description didn’t mention that the gillet or coat was hooded. If I was looking for someone as per the police description I would’ve discounted seeing someone in a hooded version.

Strange that the first images have been released by a friend.. rather than the police?

<modsnip>
It could be that they are trying to stop speculation or mitigate any effects it may have on search efforts. Lots of people have mentioned here 'where is cctv?' etc. Important to remember this will really upset family and friends, the response of police will be different and they are likely more able to ignore it. All my opinion

Yes it's possible she had another coat in the car to change into for the walk.
I can't imagine the police would be very happy if this is the case and they didn't agree to these images being released.
Maybe, but she was dropping kids of then walking the dog, she works from home, can't see point of changing clothes?

After seeing these new images I’ve noticed either the gillet or the coat underneath has a hood. The police description didn’t mention that the gillet or coat was hooded. If I was looking for someone as per the police description I would’ve discounted seeing someone in a hooded version.
They did mention a hood. It's on the first page/post of this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
LE: "It’s really important that the public pay heed to those very specific clothing descriptions please, because factual sightings of those items would be very useful to us."

The 'ankle-length gilet' is a very specific description. If it is the case that NB DID get changed and wore the outer layers described by the police on that walk, LE will now be pushed into explaining when she got changed after these images were captured, or having to revise their description of her clothes on the basis that the information was misleading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. They're gun dogs. They're quite literally meant to go and collect shot animals. Often those animals will still be moving. Spaniels love small animals IME!
Yes I’ll back that up too. My 2 cockers have caught many a rabbit and pigeon which I find distressing but they’re the sweetest natured dogs in terms of humans. Also there’s no way of stopping them once on the scent, despite being decently trained. Although Willow is a springer, many sprinters will chase small animals. Nicola will have been well aware there’s no point in trying to help a small animal get away. Anyway if the dogs kill pigeons V or rabbits they instinctively know how to bite so it’s instant death. There’s no long suffering usually.

Remember what a gilet is - it is sleevLESS over jacket covering just the main body/Chest/back area and leaving the arms uncovered fro ease of movement
I've never seen a hooded gilet - but I expect you can get them from somewhere....

Sorry if I’ve missed it - do we know what kind of phone she had? If she had an iPhone and Air Pods, I think that the AirPods would have stopped working if she went in the water with them - if you go to ‘Find My’ on Apple, it tells the last minute a device is connected. If so, you would think it would give the time she fell in the water as the last connection time?
I don’t think she wore EarPods otherwise they’d have been mentioned. Besides, her family have said she often listen to calls on loudspeaker. On top of that, it’s unlikely she’d want EarPods in when she’s walking the dog as she’d need to listen out for things.

JMO
Yes, if I was taking an hour drive somewhere, then going on a big walk, but not just local, after dropping the kids off and a regular dog walk

Why do we always get still images when the source more than likely is video that also includes audio?
why would a friend or police release video or audio if it adds nothing to investigation and is not necessary. These are the last images the family have of NB. <modsnip>

I think she looks exactly how I’d expect from the police descriptions. Maybe it’s just because I have young children and have to do the school run, but the long length hooded gilets are very much a “thing” especially on school run mums for some reason. They vary in length from knee to ankle (depending on the height of the individual) they always have a hood and they’re of the puffer style.

Remember what a gilet is - it is sleevLESS over jacket covering just the main body/Chest/back area and leaving the arms uncovered fro ease of movement
I've never seen a hooded gilet - but I expect you can get them from somewhere....
I think this is possibly the Engelbert Strauss coat she was wearing under the gilet.

“They are an ankle-length black quilted gilet jacket, a black Engelbert Strauss waist-length coat which was worn underneath the gilet, tight-fitting black jeans, long green walking socks tucked into her jeans, ankle-length green Next wellies, a necklace and a pale blue Fitbit.​

Quoted from: Everything we know as desperate search for Nicola Bulley enters its second week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placebo