Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never discounted the fact that NB might haven fallen into the river. But …… One scenario which has been playing in my mind is that perhaps it wasn’t accidental.

Let me put it this way ….. Like what had occurred a few times in London tube stations. One person with MH issue who pushed a random stranger onto the railway track/ oncoming train.

Hence, I’ve always warned my son not to stand too close to the yellow line whilst waiting for his train. If possible, make sure that your back is against the wall.

Now, what’s the likelihood of that???

I would’ve thought the first thing her partner would have done is call her phone when he got the news. She must have been in range when on the bench as she was logged in to her Teams meeting.

I am getting confused with the timings and phone calls, or lack of calls. Unless the police haven’t said.

I still am curious how long Nikki took on her usual morning walks with Willow. She left home before 8:30am which has been established, dropped the girls at school and then at 08:43 was seen in the field or going to the field. She sent an email at 08:53 and joined the Teams meeting at 09:01, albeit putting herself on mute while listening in.

I know the Teams meeting ended at 09:30, by which time Nikki had vanished, but what time did her partner expect her home, I wonder? Going by myself and other dog walkers I know well, morning walks usually last about an hour. They can last for over two hours, but that’s quite rare, so I wonder if Nikki’s partner called her to see where she was.
Why would he ring the phone when he's just been told that the phone has been found but Nicky isn't with it? I'm not sure I'd ring in that situation, I'd be more concerned about getting to the riverbank

JMO

ankle-length black quilted gilet jacket
a black Engelbert Strauss waist-length coat which was worn underneath the gilet
tight-fitting black jeans
long green walking socks tucked into her jeans
ankle-length green Next wellies

I'm seeing blue jeans and a blue coat here. No ankle length gilet. Maybe this is the black ankle length gilet, in which case, it's not what I imagined. Do CCTV images distort colours? The footwear looks correct.

I'm labouring it only because my theory is NB stepping on the hem of that length garment, and stumbling next to the river, which looks less likely now.
I think it makes ght be a distortion, as you say, and probably is black, it's the gilet length which puzzles me as it's no where near ankle length

What would be the reason for not allowing him to search I wonder. The more help the better surely, especially as he’s openly said he will do it for free.<modsnip - not LE friendly>

maybe they will allow him because it's multi-agency

They already have involved:
HM Coastguard,
local mountain rescue
Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service
North West Police Underwater Unit
RNLI

as well as Lancs Police ( & dogs, drones, helicopter)

'Officers have scoured the river bed with modern underwater drones, which are similar to mini submarines equipped with cameras operated by someone on land or on a boat.

Police diving teams will continue to comb the river bed of the Wyre in the area close to the bench over the weekend, while the Costguard and the RNLI will continue checking the tidal stretch out to Fleetwood and Morecombe Bay.'

ankle-length black quilted gilet jacket
a black Engelbert Strauss waist-length coat which was worn underneath the gilet
tight-fitting black jeans
long green walking socks tucked into her jeans
ankle-length green Next wellies

I'm seeing blue jeans and a blue coat here. No ankle length gilet. Maybe this is the black ankle length gilet, in which case, it's not what I imagined. Do CCTV images distort colours? The footwear looks correct.

I'm labouring it only because my theory is NB stepping on the hem of that length garment, and stumbling next to the river, which looks less likely now.
It's not what I imagined either, but I am far from a clothing expert! But it might be possible she changed into a different "walking clobber" coat after she had dropped her kids off ? Wonder if there'll be any clarification from anyone ?

I have never discounted the fact that NB might haven fallen into the river. But …… One scenario which has been playing in my mind is that perhaps it wasn’t accidental.

Let me put it this way ….. Like what had occurred a few times in London tube stations. One person with MH issue who pushed a random stranger onto the railway track/ oncoming train.

Hence, I’ve always warned my son not to stand too close to the yellow line whilst waiting for his train. If possible, make sure that your back is against the wall.

Now, what’s the likelihood of that???
I do that too, I wait till the train has stopped before going anywhere near the edge with my daughter.

To me they don’t seem the same clothes as described by police. In colour at least. Did she change? I’m still going on my theory that she met up with someone in relation to work…<modsnip - not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if there was a coat in her car that NB put on?

If not, then the clothing description that was issued via the police and the clothes NB is wearing on the CCTV don't match which is a bit of a head scratcher.

It is interesting that the friends/family decided to release CCTV themselves. I wonder if this was with the approval of LE or off their own back. It's quite understandable the family want to get as much info out there as possible, just on any chance it jogs someone's memory. What would be LEs reason for not already doing this?

ETA: Did she change coat perhaps before the walk? If so, I can understand why LE haven't released these images, but do they not have images of her in the clothing from the description they gave?
Were police given misinformation regarding her clothes? Either yes or she changed clothes.
<modsnip - no link for statement made as fact>

I have lost count of the amount of messages I have read on here about the length of the gilet, knee length, or shin length. Releasing this as well as details on the brand/style of clothing would have been much more beneficial in triggering the publics memory.
Whose memory? If someone saw her and is unaware of the huge coverage of her disappearmce it's very unlikely that they would happen to see only these images now and realise they'd seen her. Not only that but they would have managed not to be seen by the police on any of there trawl of camera images.

I really can't think of how seeing the clothes will help find her

JMO

It's not what I imagined either, but I am far from a clothing expert! But it might be possible she changed into a different "walking clobber" coat after she had dropped her kids off ? Wonder if there'll be any clarification from anyone ?
Yes it's possible she had another coat in the car to change into for the walk.
I can't imagine the police would be very happy if this is the case and they didn't agree to these images being released.

I understand where you’re coming from but Cocker spaniels are known for being gentle, easy-going and affectionate. They tend to be non-aggressive toward other animals and people, and are excellent with children too. Of course, any dog can “turn”, but I think it would be unlikely Willow suddenly became aggressive to another animal. It’s possible another dog tried to attack Willow, but if that were the case the owner of that other dog would have been witness to it all.

So whilst I agree with much of what you say, whatever made Nikki dash down to the edge of the bank must have been something else. That’s JMO. I could be totally wrong…
I have a Cocker and he stalks ducks, pigeons and cats. I keep him on his lead around them. Maybe Willow was after a duck on the riverbank?

Whose memory? If someone saw her and is unaware of the huge coverage of her disappearmce it's very unlikely that they would happen to see only these images now and realise they'd seen her. Not only that but they would have managed not to be seen by the police on any of there trawl of camera images.

I really can't think of how seeing the clothes will help find her

JMO
There's a good chance it will hinder the investigation if it results in a flood of "imagined" sightings that will take away resources from the current operation.

This is the point I was making about the need for images of her. Her outfit is blue isn’t it? Dark Jeans but blue (unless it’s the colour of the doorbell cam) and that certainly is not a gilet.
<modsnip - not LE friendly>
If I saw this photo I wouldn’t necessarily say it was Nicola because of the gilet thing. And why haven’t the police released this, instead of loved ones.

Were police given misinformation regarding her clothes? Either yes or she changed clothes.
<modsnip - no link for statement made as fact>
It's very confusing. I thought LE said they have CCTV or coverage of basically all entrances/exits apart from a tiny section, so they must have footage showing what she was wearing on starting the walk and would know themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela