Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you need to take another look at the edge of the embankment there. Not a chance a grown man could pull himself out of that, sorry.
There are steps. There are also trees growing right down into the river.

And the side of the river has a shelf of rocks that are not that deep, even though as I understand it it’s around 6 ft deep further in.

Attachments

• CCAAA2D3-1544-4396-A1B6-6042D4A600CB.jpeg
    CCAAA2D3-1544-4396-A1B6-6042D4A600CB.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 406301DE-3660-42C4-A3E8-AF9582782E06.jpeg
    406301DE-3660-42C4-A3E8-AF9582782E06.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 61
I can see what look like rudimentary steps that have been carved in the side of that bank, and also when the camera pans out, the opposite bank looks shallow and much easier to exit the river from. It just doesn't look like it's hellish. So the shock and cold may be a big factor as a previous poster alluded to, I get that. Also, the river doesn't look like it has much energy to carry a body very far away given the timelines when the searches first began. All my opinion and probably wrong :)
There are indeed small steps carved out into the bank having seen them in person.

There are steps.

And the side of the river has a shelf of rocks that are not that deep, even though as I understand it it’s around 6 ft deep further in.
Thanks! I see the steps now. I wonder how easy it would be to pull yourself onto them during low tide? Of course assuming one is conscious.

NB police may be in breach of guidelines by not bringing in outside force for case review claims ex police commissioner.

Nicola police 'may be in breach of guidelines by not bringing in outside force'

Although that's strange because a while back Lancashire police asked the NCA to review the case and the NCA said they could not identify any other lines of inquiry that Lancashire police hadn't already opened.

"Meanwhile, Supt Riley said the police investigation by her officers had been reviewed by the National Crime Agency (NCA) and they had not found any new line of inquiry that should be pursued."

Partner of missing Nicola Bulley visits the scene with diving expert

MSM are being so scandalous about it all because its what gains clicks, ratings and holds peoples attention.
If it was covered and accepted as a tragic accident it wouldnt be getting all this interest.
Im tired of putting on British morning TV and hearing all the buzzwords “mystery” “baffling” etc etc
but you think her body might be found at Shard bridge mudflats
Yes, this is where the rivers other 2 victims were discovered but the topography could be much different now

I've been thinking and thinking .....if NB did end up in the water how and why. I can't believe that I've missed the most obvious. What if she fell over the dog. NB stops to put the harness on, turns and the dog is right there. Phone goes one way, harness another and NB who has tried to fall so that she doesn't fall on the dog rolls down the slope and into the river.
I have been thinking about the bottle of water in the cctv image. I wonder if she got caught short and needed the toilet, possibly looking for a place that is hidden from sight.

I understand why he is a 'former' detective.
I also not he doesn't read very much..
That is all.
also it was a low blow for an ex-copper to say that another force were upsetting the family when they're all busting a gut to find the family's loved one

eta

that was a ref to Martyn Underhill, btw

Last edited:

Scroll to 1:10 and pause it. Look at the banks of the river there. Its actually a shelf! Its easy to want to look for roaring tides and foam only to think of danger, but this is trouble. The ground is at risk of coming away under your feet before we even get into trying to get back out…
Looking at that I think that if NB went in the river there and she was able to stand, even briefly, she’s unlikely to be seen given the camber of the bank between the gate/path and the river. JMO
Also, looking at the picture of the rocks on the river bed (post up thread) I think if she went in head first there’s a possibility for a head injury which could incapacitate her. If she went in feet first unexpectedly then I don’t think it would be simple as to just stand…those rocks are uneven. She could’ve trapped a foot/broke her ankle, again incapacitating her. They’d also be quite slippery I would imagine. Leading her to succumb to cold water shock potentially…Just my thoughts

Although that's strange because a while back Lancashire police asked the NCA to review the case and the NCA said they could not identify any other lines of inquiry that Lancashire police hadn't already opened.

"Meanwhile, Supt Riley said the police investigation by her officers had been reviewed by the National Crime Agency (NCA) and they had not found any new line of inquiry that should be pursued."

Partner of missing Nicola Bulley visits the scene with diving expert
he also says :
"It’s extremely unusual not to seek a second opinion. If they haven’t called in a second opinion, the immediate question is why."

"It’s national news every day and we need to find Nicola, because we’re into the 14th day, we’re almost into the Madeleine McCann....."

I'd be embarrassed to go into the media and put my name to comments like that

I wouldn't want to look like I was sloppy & hadn't bother to check the details before commenting.

If her body is subsequently found in this water, I'll wait for his public apology but I won't hold my breath

he also says :
"It’s extremely unusual not to seek a second opinion. If they haven’t called in a second opinion, the immediate question is why."

"It’s national news every day and we need to find Nicola, because we’re into the 14th day, we’re almost into the Madeleine McCann....."

I wouldn't want to look like I was sloppy & hadn't bother to check the details before commenting.

If her body is subsequently found in this water, I'll wait for his public apology but I won't hold my breath

Sloppy Mirror journalism and sloppy / bored / attention seeking ex police officer who doesn't do his research before trying to earn some pocket money.

Looking at that I think that if NB went in the river there and she was able to stand, even briefly, she’s unlikely to be seen given the camber of the bank between the gate/path and the river. JMO
Also, looking at the picture of the rocks on the river bed (post up thread) I think if she went in head first there’s a possibility for a head injury which could incapacitate her. If she went in feet first unexpectedly then I don’t think it would be simple as to just stand…those rocks are uneven. She could’ve trapped a foot/broke her ankle, again incapacitating her. They’d also be quite slippery I would imagine. Leading her to succumb to cold water shock potentially…Just my thoughts
This drone footage is excellent to show what the landscape looks like where Nicola may have fallen in.

After watching this I can see how it's almost impossible to climb up where she fell in. The easiest way out is directly opposite but everywhere else looks like the banks are very high in both directions.

If Nicola panicked after falling it would be even more difficult and wet clothes would make if even worse.

he also says :

These are not coincidental, they are an orchestrated media campaign to discredit a hardworking police force IMO.

It's totally unfair and not without risk.
This is what fans vandalism and social media abuse, it will make the public wary of assisting police in serious crimes.

They really need to be reviewed and investigated.
They help nobody and cause further hurt for a grieving family.

I reckon SO Riley and her team is smart and professional enough to see it for what it is.

It's neither victim friendly nor searcher friendly.

This drone footage is excellent to show what the landscape looks like where Nicola may have fallen in.

After watching this I can see how it's almost impossible to climb up where she fell in. The easiest way out is directly opposite but everywhere else looks like the banks are very high in both directions.

If Nicola panicked after falling it would be even more difficult and wet clothes would make if even worse.
This really hits home for me because I know if I accidentally fell into this river, I could not save myself. I've never entered any water in my life that wasn't in a clean swimming pool. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required