Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was at least identified by her business in this Telegraph article last week.

“The owner of the Wyreside Park Farm caravan site, which police underwater search teams are using as a base, confirmed that she had found Willow and then the mobile phone.

She told The Telegraph: “I saw the dog and recognised the dog. Then I saw the phone and knew there was a problem.”

The businesswoman told her daughter-in-law, who called Paul Ansell, Ms Bulley’s partner. He alerted police.”

This account contradicts her initial statement that she "suddenly couldn't remember who the owner was." (Suddenly? What an odd choice of words!) I'm mindblown that this witness dashed off to an appointment and didn't alert ANYONE to the presence of a loose dog and an unattended mobile phone (especially under the circumstances) until after her appointment. I just can't get my head around that. And it does mean that the supposed '10-minute window' is potentially an hour longer than that, especially if NB was secreted somewhere nearby (say, for example, because the approaching witness was heard coming down the footpath). It just doesn't sit right with me, MOO.

(Link to initial report and the "suddenly" comment - Nicola Bulley: Shop owner 'found missing woman's dog running free and phone on bench')

They will have went over the dog too with a fine toothed comb for forensic evidence I would imagine?
Good point. If I'm honest, I hadn't even thought about it, but I suppose if there were an attacker, you could expect some kind of evidence to be on the dog.

Apologies if this question has already been raised, with regard to the lady who was first on the scene, it was she who tied up the dog and then left for an appointment not contacting her daughter in law 'til later? I keep wondering why she wouldn't have taken the contact info off Willow's metallic identity disc that was attached to the harness (as seen in pictures). As I understand it she was out walking, but as a business owner I would have thought she'd have a mobile phone on her and she could have called the owner direct?

The owner of the campsite comes across as fairly old judging by campsite reviews IMO

I noticed NB’s friend Emma White also has children at the same St Michaels On Wyre CE Primary school, she must know if she saw her on the playground that morning before heading off to walk the dog ?

Anyone with kids know you get little clans of parents chit chatting when dropping the kids off so there has to of be confirmation if she was the one to drop the kids that morning ?

Every school has CCTV for security reasons so there must be more images to come

No, I don't know the dog at all. It just seems incredible to me that it would hang around, agitated, while its owner was being attacked and not approach. Do you honestly think that's a reasonable theory then? I don't have a dog, so I'm making an educated guess. I'm asking sincerely...
Pretty much every dog owner on this sub, myself included, believes that the dog would have followed her into the water based on our experience with our pets. As Willow actually liked the water, it would seem even more likely that she would have followed NB in.

This doesn’t necessitate a third party, she may have fallen in while the dog was exploring and didn’t see her go in. Or if the dog pooped near the water it might have taken off afterwards (they seem to regard their poop as some alien thing they need to get away from, or at least most of the dogs I know do) and NB may have tripped and fallen in while trying to retrieve it. In that case the dog would return to the phone and hang (as it seems to have possibly done).

Or, she was taken by a third party and the dog is indicating the direction they went (I.E. the gate). Because, again, as a dog owner around a lot of dogs, they do tend to wait where they last saw their owner.

It isn’t necessary to know and exact dog, to understand the behavior of dogs in general. I don’t think folks are being crazy here when they extrapolate from experience with dogs,

No, I don't know the dog at all. It just seems incredible to me that it would hang around, agitated, while its owner was being attacked and not approach. Do you honestly think that's a reasonable theory then? I don't have a dog, so I'm making an educated guess. I'm asking sincerely...
A springer would follow.
They are also water lovers, it's almost impossible to keep them out of it.
It's a breed specific characteristic. I had one.
Only possibility is that someone threw a stick or whatever to send dog off on a long chase and pulled her through turnstile or into water but dog would track , they're scent dogs..

It wasn't meant as a dig at you,. I hope you didn't take it that way. We have no idea what happened, I meant to explain about a possible window of time . The dog could of been put in that loose lead near the bench as was shown on a previous post, and then got out of it again .

Pretty much every dog owner on this sub, myself included, believes that the dog would have followed her into the water based on our experience with our pets. As Willow actually liked the water, it would seem even more likely that she would have followed NB in.

This doesn’t necessitate a third party, she may have fallen in while the dog was exploring and didn’t see her go in. Or if the dog pooped near the water it might have taken off afterwards (they seem to regard their poop as some alien thing they need to get away from, or at least most of the dogs I know do) and NB may have tripped and fallen in while trying to retrieve it. In that case the dog would return to the phone and hang (as it seems to have possibly done).

Or, she was taken by a third party and the dog is indicating the direction they went (I.E. the gate). Because, again, as a dog owner around a lot of dogs, they do tend to wait where they last saw their owner.

It isn’t necessary to know and exact dog, to understand the behavior of dogs in general. I don’t think folks are being crazy here when they extrapolate from experience with dogs,
Is this the type of walk that Pooh bags are not needed? I pick mines up (unless I can’t find it!) everywhere

Agreed. My dog follows me around the house so I’d like to think if I fell into a river my dog would be right there trying to alert someone. But you are quite right it’s general pack animal behaviour to follow the “leader” which would be its human. Jmo

I would think it's very possible that the dog simply didn't notice its owner falling in because it was running around; thus, it returned to where she had been a moment ago and became agitated waiting. I think it's a lot less likely that it would fail to notice her being attacked and/or somehow carried or led away. I think we're saying the same thing here...

My line of thinking relates to other possible exits which may not be covered by cctv.

For example -: a gate in between Blackpool ln footbridge and the parish church or other gates down at hall lane.
The Superintendent has already stated, numerous times, that there is only 1 exit that wasn't covered by CCTV because it was broken.

Yip I agree with you, if you don’t have hope what have you got? IMO it almost felt like matter of fact the family/friends were saying NB is not in that river, but they know NB so that’s probably all they had, no evidence, so clinging onto hope!
Also, because she's a strong swimmer it must be so hard to believe in an accident.

My OH is a strong swimmer and we live next to a 'spate' river. He takes daft risks . ( I didn't know myself - until I started following this thread - that thrashing around also makes your body cool down faster & didn't consider the cold water shock & hypothermia angle is literally minutes, not hours.)

I noticed NB’s friend Emma White also has children at the same St Michaels On Wyre CE Primary school, she must know if she saw her on the playground that morning before heading off to walk the dog ?

Anyone with kids know you get little clans of parents chit chatting when dropping the kids off so there has to of be confirmation if she was the one to drop the kids that morning ?

Every school has CCTV for security reasons so there must be more images to come
CCTV cameras could be trained outside the front door. Maybe NB dropped the kids outside the gate. Would the CCTV reach that far?

It wasn't meant as a dig at you,. I hope you didn't take it that way. We have no idea what happened, I meant to explain about a possible window of time . The dog could of been put in that loose lead near the bench as was shown on a previous post, and then got out of it again .
I didn't take offence, no. Thank you for being kind and checking. :)

Mine 100% wouldnt follow me in. Hates water, as did the last dog I had.

This account contradicts her initial statement that she "suddenly couldn't remember who the owner was." (Suddenly? What an odd choice of words!) I'm mindblown that this witness dashed off to an appointment and didn't alert ANYONE to the presence of a loose dog and an unattended mobile phone (especially under the circumstances) until after her appointment. I just can't get my head around that. And it does mean that the supposed '10-minute window' is potentially an hour longer than that, especially if NB was secreted somewhere nearby (say, for example, because the approaching witness was heard coming down the footpath). It just doesn't sit right with me, MOO.

(Link to initial report and the "suddenly" comment - Nicola Bulley: Shop owner 'found missing woman's dog running free and phone on bench')
No.
The 10 minute window concerns the time from when phone was placed ON the bench and the end of the 930 call. She should have logged out, she did not, something was wrong.
The window remains unchanged.
Returns to bench 9.20am, places phone on bench but failed to log out of team call at 9.30am.
First witness comes along at 9.33am.

Police did not discuss this further and I presume their rationale was to protect witness 933 from social media abuse.

That is my understanding, does not alter the window in any way at all.
Police are concerned for their witnesses.

Apologies if this has already been discussed... been out all day and trying to catch up.
The latest Lancashire police presser states that the abandoned house across the river has been searched. Yet a FB update on Nicola's friend Tilly Ann's page today states the derelict house hasn't been searched. Are they talking about the same house or a different one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member