Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire), Jan 2023 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you mean in the sense that the police can have the wool pulled over their eyes but they’re certainly investigating. There will be a full inquest too. But at the moment it’s all as it seemed to be from the “official” version.

If anything in the examination of NB’s body points away from from an accidental drowning then I’m sure we will hear about it. Clearly the developments in the case — body found, privacy requested, inquest scheduled — indicate there is nothing suspicious at the time. If the body was of someone who had not drowned three weeks ago things would have gone differently. If it is a body of someone who drowned in another type of water to river water then the medical examination should show this.

I don’t think it matters what the family thought. They were holding onto hope NB wasn’t dead and guided by PF. Of course, if in the river she had drowned so they didn’t want to think that. It’s not like a case where a family don’t think a death was suicide and want murder ruled out because they feel very strongly a family member wouldn’t commit suicide. Family can be wrong but at least the view matters. There was no good reason to think NB wasn’t in the river she went missing without trace by, as sad as that was, and she was. There was nothing to point away from NB drowning, nothing different about her to say that that wasn’t the most likely answer.
Best explanation I have seen so far-Thank you.

Can someone confirm for me as fact if body was found:

In the river-As stated by LE
or
In the bushes / reeds / undergrowth, that overhang the river.

Why do I ask?

It suits LE to say that she was found in the river as it plays along with their theory of her always being in the river.
It plays against LE and makes them look foolish if she was found on drier land or suspended above the river in undergrowth. Particularly edge of river that was searched.
From the video I’ve seen the body appeared to have been caught underneath the fallen tree. It also discounts the ‘dumping’ site theory IMO, as she would have been more visible from the path. The divers were in the water, about chest level to retrieve the body as they could not reach her from the edge.

From the video I’ve seen the body appeared to have been caught underneath the fallen tree. It also discounts the ‘dumping’ site theory IMO, as she would have been more visible from the path. The divers were in the water, about chest level to retrieve the body as they could not reach her from the edge.
Thank you.

Are you seriously suggesting the body was kept in water for 3.5 weeks elsewhere before being moved to where it was found? How is that even credible?
No not at all suggesting that and not credible at all. I don’t think I did suggest that!

The PM will have been undertaken, if there were any signs of foul play an investigation would continue with a view to criminal trial, not a simple coroners inquest booked for one day IMO

There have been numerous examples on this thread of bodies taking time to be found etc furthermore a) sonar doesn’t penetrate weeds in PF own words, and divers have to feel around with their hands in the dark, with things covered in silt and able to drift around AS they search, even if the body was within feet of their hands, it could have moved behind them. Has anyone ever tried to grab a fly or something that’s fallen into a glass of water? JMO

As much as family didn’t want her to be in the water, they weren’t there, and none of us without eyes on the situation can or cannot say our relative met with an accident. JMO

Everything has played out exactly like she fell in the water and drowned.

Not sure why people STILL feel a peep was involved, and not criticising, just can’t understand that viewpoint.
Because the death has been the subject of a police investigation and LE have considered it non-suspicious there has been a coroner's non-forensic post mortem which has been completed. However the coroner referred it to a Home Office Registered Forensic Pathologist (HORFP) which is a matter of protocol if the PM is inconclusive and suspicious death cannot be ruled out. A HO referral gets involved in homicide/suspected homicide cases, but that is not a foregone conclusion. However the inquest did take the highly unusual step of ruling that LE have been directed not to discuss the case and the hearing has been adjourned to June

Local woman drowns in river was turned into a national psychodrama

Now people can't let go of it.

Absolutely spot on. I don’t think there’s any mystery whatsoever re where the body was found. Totally as expected in a tidal river.

The only part to resolve is how and why Nicola ended up in the water, and neither she nor the dog can tell us.

It has been concluded that there was no foul play.

I suspect the Coroner has been given a preliminary cause of death that rules out foul play also and so he set the date for the inquest accordingly. A date would not have been set if there even a hint of foul play.
It hasn't been concluded there was no foul play. The coroner has referred the case to the Home Office for forensic investigation for that reason, to rule in or rule out a suspicious death or homicide

Because the death has been the subject of a police investigation and LE have considered it non-suspicious there has been a coroner's non-forensic post mortem which has been completed. However the coroner referred it to a Home Office Registered Forensic Pathologist (HORFP) which is a matter of protocol if the PM is inconclusive and suspicious death cannot be ruled out. A HO referral gets involved in homicide/suspected homicide cases, but that is not a foregone conclusion. However the inquest did take the highly unusual step of ruling that LE have been directed not to discuss the case and the hearing has been adjourned to June
My take on it is that given the controversy and rampant speculation, they are covering all the bases - so they can say they have been as thorough as possible. In the circumstances, I'm not surprised that LE has been asked not to comment. Even more so as they are under investigation. JMO

My take on it is that given the controversy and rampant speculation, they are covering all the bases - so they can say they have been as thorough as possible. In the circumstances, I'm not surprised that LE has been asked not to comment. Even more so as they are under investigation. JMO
Yes I think that is a very fair assumption, and everyone would expect that no stone is left unturned to bring this to a conclusion. There will be an awful lot going on behind the scenes as we speak which may not surface for some time yet

I have to point out that where she was found was the only place that had a fallen tree and/or substantial debris near the edge of the river. If the tree hadn’t been there she would have been found somewhere else. IMO
Surely the divers must have searched the area of the fallen tree very carefully - if not they didn't do their job properly.

Personally I think it quite likely that she entered the water downstream from the bench, probably below the weir, so she wouldn't be seen by the other dog walkers.

Surely the divers must have searched the area of the fallen tree very carefully - if not they didn't do their job properly.

Personally I think it quite likely that she entered the water downstream from the bench, probably below the weir, so she wouldn't be seen by the other dog walkers.

As has been explained a lot of times, the body is below the surface for the first weeks, then floats to the surface where it can become snagged - this has happened in countless other cases.

Take Liam Colgan in the Elbe for example - a very similar 'mystery' when locals knew he'd turn up in the spring. Bodies end up being spotted by the public when they get snagged on something. It is very possible the divers and sonar simply missed her - this happened recently in the UK and was discussed as well.

What created the 'mystery' was irresponsible reporting and claims.

There was in fact, no mystery. Rather there existed all along a slim chance that she wasn't in the river - that possibility was then extinguished.

As has been explained a lot of times, the body is below the surface for the first weeks, then floats to the surface where it can become snagged - this has happened in countless other cases.

Take Liam Colgan in the Elbe for example - a very similar 'mystery' when locals knew he'd turn up in the spring. Bodies end up being spotted by the public when they get snagged on something. It is very possible the divers and sonar simply missed her - this happened recently in the UK and was discussed as well.

What created the 'mystery' was irresponsible reporting and claims.

There was in fact, no mystery. Rather there existed all along a slim chance that she wasn't in the river - that possibility was then extinguished.
Well stated. I continue to be baffled by the number of people who simply don't seem to have observed this phenomenon, which happens on a regular basis. Especially those whom live in an area well served by rivers, so that there is almost always a current missing person, who will, sadly, be sighted in those rivers after a period of time. Even a police civilian worker remarked to me the other day 'how could the police underwater search team have missed it'. And this was someone who works in a locality full of rivers and canals, and has worked for the same force for many years.

I wonder why PF mentioned Whisky bottles in particular (as opposed to other types of alcohol)?
He has probably found that whisky is the most commonly used strong alcohol
'He said: "I’d be looking for things like whisky bottles, because a lot of suicides … if it’s a suicide …we find bottles of pills, we find whisky bottle, half a bottle of whisky.'

Well how would the body dumping theory work?

Was the victim drowned elsewhere, then moved to the river 3.5 weeks later?

How would that fool anyone?
Although it's the common theory that she drowned, the actual cause of death has not yet been confirmed and speculation continues until an official announcement is made. No one knows how long she had been in the reeds, whether she had drifted there or was placed there after LE announced they'd stepped down the river search a couple of days previously. The spot where she was found is the closest point to the road with a layby right opposite so it's heightened the speculation JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz