Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire), Jan 2023 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And hopefully water/tidal experts will also have contributed their opinion.
One would hope so if all T's are to be crossed and all I's dotted. A brilliant link to a presentation was posted by a member in a previous thread of a lady who deals in matters related to bodies found in water. I can't remember who posted it but it was so interesting and well worth watching, even if not related to this case. Hopefully they will get someone like that on board

It's a relief to come on here and read interesting and well-informed posts as opposed to all the dreadful stuff out there on SM - some of it is so scurrilous and ridiculous. I've always believed that NB had an unfortunate accident since day one and I daily question why other people can't seem to accept any outcome that doesn't involve some sort of third-party criminal or far-fetched conspiracy. I do however think that there are many missing pieces in the jigsaw of events leading up to the 27th January (including the police welfare check) and that certain challenging things in NB's personal life may have caused her to be perhaps more frail and less physically fit on the day she entered the water and hence less able to save herself. JMO. MOO.

My take on it is that given the controversy and rampant speculation, they are covering all the bases - so they can say they have been as thorough as possible. In the circumstances, I'm not surprised that LE has been asked not to comment. Even more so as they are under investigation. JMO
Agree. I also suspect that the degree of decomposition etc has made it difficult to rule out a suspicious death and given the national scrutiny everything is being crossed and dotted.

As has been explained a lot of times, the body is below the surface for the first weeks, then floats to the surface where it can become snagged - this has happened in countless other cases.
Of course, I think we all know that - but it doesn't address my point which is that I think it just as likely that she entered the water in the vicinity of where she was eventually found as by the bench.

Of course, I think we all know that - but it doesn't address my point which is that I think it just as likely that she entered the water in the vicinity of where she was found as by the bench .
That being so it would have been she who arranged the harness and phone positions ,making her way downstream knowing the dog couldn't get under the gate?

Last edited:
Of course, I think we all know that - but it doesn't address my point which is that I think it just as likely that she entered the water in the vicinity of where she was eventually found as by the bench.

Less likely surely? Given the number of sightings prior to the bench there would surely have been more had she continued to walk a further mile along the river?!

Well how would the body dumping theory work?

Was the victim drowned elsewhere, then moved to the river 3.5 weeks later?

How would that fool anyone?
I guess it would work if Nicola had been killed / abducted whilst dog walking and then once initial searches of the river had taken place, returned to the river. I am not sure the earliest time period when it would have been feasible for her to be returned.

Less likely surely? Given the number of sightings prior to the bench there would surely have been more had she continued to walk a further mile along the river?!
I've started to look at this differently and now I'm working on which is the least unlikely theory and I'd welcome people adding to what I've come up with.
Arguments against accident at bench
She knows the danger of deep water there
Willow is the only springer with an aversion to going into water after their owner
If she died instantly her body would be there
If she tried getting out she'd go under and not get over the weir
Why did people finding willow not see her in the water

Arguments against suicide somewhere along the river
How did willow not follow her
Would she really leave her family and dog like this
Why would nobody see her crossing the road

Arguments against being shoved in the water and dying acvidentally
How did they get the body out
Where did they store her
Would anyone run the risk of returning the body to the river
Phone tracking would put them at risk

Conclusion none of it makes sense and there's another scenario I can't think of.
RIP Nicola
IMO

I've started to look at this differently and now I'm working on which is the least unlikely theory and I'd welcome people adding to what I've come up with.
Willow is the only springer with an aversion to going into water after their owner

Where did they store her

Conclusion none of it makes sense and there's another scenario I can't think of.
RIP Nicola
IMO
I agree that no option feels likely but some are more unlikely. What if someone assaults her and hides her body nearby in undergrowth in the vicinity. Places items near bench with dog. Watches the news and understands the working theory of the police investigation is based on her being in the river.
Overnight as soon as possible puts the body in the river or conceals it in reeds etc at the side of river . Is this possible or feasible or a non- starter?

Where did they store her

RIP Nicola
IMO
With ref to 'how did Willow not follow her', I still think it possible that Willow was in harness and tied up, but she then managed to pull out of harness, which is why the harness was found between bench and river bank. IMO

I agree that no option feels likely but some are more unlikely. What if someone assaults her and hides her body nearby in undergrowth in the vicinity. Places items near bench with dog. Watches the news and understands the working theory of the police investigation is based on her being in the river.
Overnight as soon as possible puts the body in the river or conceals it in reeds etc at the side of river . Is this possible or feasible or a non- starter?
Wouldn't Willow go to her though, I an see it's possible if more than one person and one holds the dog. But then how could they get out without being seen on cctv

I can’t believe that if NB fell in the river that Willow wouldn’t have jumped in.
The dog being bone dry tells me that if NB went in the river then Willow wasn’t around.
I have two cocker spaniels and my next door neighbour has two springers. We all walk by a river daily. Based on years of experience I cannot believe Willow would be bone dry in NB entered the river whilst Willow was around her.

With ref to 'how did Willow not follow her', I still think it possible that Willow was in harness and tied up, but she then managed to pull out of harness, which is why the harness was found between bench and river bank. IMO
Possible but she still needs to cross a busy road

I can’t believe that if NB fell in the river that Willow wouldn’t have jumped in.
The dog being bone dry tells me that if NB went in the river then Willow wasn’t around.
I have two cocker spaniels and my next door neighbour has two springers. We all walk by a river daily. Based on years of experience I cannot believe Willow would be bone dry in NB entered the river whilst Willow was around her.
Same here, somehow this has to have happened without willow seeing I. What that is I have no idea

Wouldn't Willow go to her though, I a see it's possible if more than one person and one holds the dog. But then how could they get out without being seen on cctv
Black out areas. They also could have gone by the river. Hard to see it with the cams set on the high ground and trails.

These are my mirrored thoughts which keep me awake at night. I try to follow logic. What is reasonable. None of the police scenarios make much sense - as there are too many holes. The dots do not connect, and until they do…we have no conclusive cause of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz