Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire), Jan 2023 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pathologist carries out the post mortem. The Coroner carries out the inquest.
I do realise that and did apologise in a previous comment for any confusion. As the person carrying out the PM in is not identified, the coroner is the one quoted in the media and presenting the case, so used the term 'coroner' in this context as this is a worldwide forum for anyone wishing to check out media reports

Could someone kindly direct me to read the actual discovery by the medium. I'm not sure if he just stated that he found a body, or did he give any description of clothing etc.

Could someone kindly direct me to read the actual discovery by the medium. I'm not sure if he just stated that he found a body, or did he give any description of clothing etc.
Not sure what has been published, only reference I did see was that he stated what he saw to be the body of a woman with blonde hair. I don't know if it's known whether she was recovered in the clothing she went out wearing that morning and JMO would have expected her hair to be very wet and dirty in the circumstances? He is probably not at liberty to discuss things further whilst the case is ongoing?

We know that Willow like water, but did Willow like steep banks and deep water? Did Willow actually see N fall into the river? By all accounts, Willow was well trained, so I can understand her not leaving the area by the gate or gap in the fence. Now if N had walked down to the Weir, Willow may have tried to follow her there, but if N had told her to stay, I think Willow would have stayed.
I can see this being the case as some dogs are very obedient. However that rules an accident out, and if it is suicide at the area of the bench the water is 2 foot deep at the edge or if she gets to the middle then the body is there for the search that day. I can't see it being an accident or suicide at the bench, it could be an assault there with the body moved but then there are other problems with that. It really doesn't make any sense for any of the theories

What I find incredibly odd surrounding the discovery is the fact that everything seem to happen in an incredible coincidence. We have a medium that travelled from Oldham, discovered the body but was filmed doing so by the youtube ghoul...Initially we were told the body was discovered by an elderly couple, then dog walkers...
Would we have known about this medium if he wasnt filmed ?
Would the police have instead claimed the find.....?

It all happened a mile away from the last sighting....odd they all came together at that spot.

What I find incredibly odd surrounding the discovery is the fact that everything seem to happen in an incredible coincidence. We have a medium that travelled from Oldham, discovered the body but was filmed doing so by the youtube ghoul...Initially we were told the body was discovered by an elderly couple, then dog walkers...

It all happened a mile away from the last sighting....odd they all came together at that spot.
Where did the police state the people/person reported finding the body was elderly/a dog walker etc? I must have missed it.

Where did the police state the people/person reported finding the body was elderly/a dog walker etc? I must have missed it.
I didnt say the police stated this...It was initial reports that came out from the media. And then the youtube ghoul uploaded his video then everything happened from there....

I've started to look at this differently and now I'm working on which is the least unlikely theory and I'd welcome people adding to what I've come up with.
Arguments against accident at bench
She knows the danger of deep water there
Willow is the only springer with an aversion to going into water after their owner
If she died instantly her body would be there
If she tried getting out she'd go under and not get over the weir
Why did people finding willow not see her in the water

Arguments against suicide somewhere along the river
How did willow not follow her
Would she really leave her family and dog like this
Why would nobody see her crossing the road

Arguments against being shoved in the water and dying acvidentally
How did they get the body out
Where did they store her
Would anyone run the risk of returning the body to the river
Phone tracking would put them at risk

Conclusion none of it makes sense and there's another scenario I can't think of.
RIP Nicola
IMO

Position of the bench high up, the riverbank ‘cliff’ and in the deep of the meander would impede visibility to those at the bench IMHO.

Dog could have been v obedient and stayed when told to sit. Dog may have been running in another part of the field, out of sight when she entered the water (no scent for dog then to follow).

She may have used the lower path along the riverbank following the meander (not the tarmac towpath above) and walked under the bridge to riverbank and deeper water downstream - so wouldn’t need to be seen crossing the road above.

I agree that no option feels likely but some are more unlikely. What if someone assaults her and hides her body nearby in undergrowth in the vicinity. Places items near bench with dog. Watches the news and understands the working theory of the police investigation is based on her being in the river.
Overnight as soon as possible puts the body in the river or conceals it in reeds etc at the side of river . Is this possible or feasible or a non- starter?

Huge high risk for any perp when the area was crawling with police, SAR, hyper vigilant locals and even the loony tiktockers - also this scenario would expect the body to be found much sooner and the COD / foul play would likely be obvious then on recovery…..and PM would also reveal that she died before entering the water. I think this is v unlikely IMO

I read a study, which was on one of the other cases here (a US one) and it found that sometimes the brain of the searcher does not want to process what it sees (a dead body) and that is how they are missed. In other cases, SAR underestimates the search area and the body is found sometime later just outside the search area. It's not an exact science.
Thanks for that, it’s interesting. I would never have thought of that possibility.

No.
May I ask what it is that you seem to be so keen to 'find'?

I think it was a freelance photographer who photographed the people who found the body. The other guy who filmed it was filming from across the river.

No.
May I ask what it is that you seem to be so keen to 'find'?
I agree - can't see what is odd at all. The guy who did the illicit filming had previously travelled to the area beforehand - it wasn't his first visit. Obviously he was going to catch the medium on his film, as the medium was there in shock having just pointed out his sad discovery. And a mile isn't really so far for a body to travel. JMO.

Early on in the search there were appeals for a female witness to come forward but when the lady spoke to the police and the media she stated that she hadn't seen anything. Does anyone know if THIS is the woman in question and when/where this eye witness account was supposed to have taken place?

Early on in the search there were appeals for a female witness to come forward but when the lady spoke to the police and the media she stated that she hadn't seen anything. Does anyone know if THIS is the woman in question and when/where this eye witness account was supposed to have taken place?

I can't see that the identity of the witness is of any relevance to anyone other than the police.

Huge high risk for any perp when the area was crawling with police, SAR, hyper vigilant locals and even the loony tiktockers - also this scenario would expect the body to be found much sooner and the COD / foul play would likely be obvious then on recovery…..and PM would also reveal that she died before entering the water. I think this is v unlikely IMO
Yes it would seem so.. although not sure if the area was crawling with people at night.
There isn’t one scenario that’s been outlined that seems likely imo..
even her partner being interviewed on Tv isn’t a usual occurrence and no mention of the alleged challenging times for NB.
From the start nothing has made a lot of sense.. which tells me that some key info isn’t being made available publicly (probably quite rightly! ).At least she has been found and that’s a blessing

I don't think there's anything particularly noteworthy in that. If you get enough creeps hanging around an area it's probably not that surprising that at least one of them will spot any police activity at a particular spot on the river and be able to get themselves onto the scene (talking about the Youtuber BTW not the medium who has acted with great respect).

I don't think it's odd. There were people walking around and searching the river every day. Between the time the couple spotted the body and police got there, several people may have passed by the area and heard that a body had been found.

And yes, If the medium hadn't been filmed I think police still would have reported a body being recovered after being sighted by a member of the public. I'm not sure they'd reveal the names or say he was a medium, though.

Position of the bench high up, the riverbank ‘cliff’ and in the deep of the meander would impede visibility to those at the bench IMHO.

Dog could have been v obedient and stayed when told to sit. Dog may have been running in another part of the field, out of sight when she entered the water (no scent for dog then to follow).

She may have used the lower path along the riverbank following the meander (not the tarmac towpath above) and walked under the bridge to riverbank and deeper water downstream - so wouldn’t need to be seen crossing the road above.
I'm not sure it is like a cliff, I thought it was a steady drop but steep at the bottom. If it is then it needs some sort of barrier up. The option re willow would point to suicide and then the problem becomes how was the body not found that day.
Your third option seems the most plausible explanation I've heard so far and the one with fewest holes in it. I have to confess I didn't realise there's a path under the bridge and this means she can get beyond the weir without being seen. The only problem again is Willow, normally I'd expect her to follow her mum so she would have to have been tied up or be incredibly obedient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AliceSprings