UK - Nicola Bulley, St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire), Jan 27, 2023 *MEDIA, MAPS, & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
12TH FEB.

‘As neighbours and friends, we’ve all said from 11am on Day 1 when the police showed up… “She’s not in that river.”

‘My gut feeling remains the same. I honestly believe Nikki is not in the water.’

With Paul’s permission, Charlotte is keen to point out that – despite speculations about the car Nicola was driving – her car keys were not left in the ignition. Her keys were on Nicola – something Paul wants the public to know.

According to Paul, they are ‘a Mercedes key with a couple of Mercedes keyrings on it, one black and one blue, a round wooden key ring with paw prints on it, and a couple of normal keys.’

‘They were definitely on Nikki at the time, a huge bunch of keys, a Mercedes keyring with paw prints which she would have put in her coat pocket,’ he told Metro.co.uk.

12TH FEB.

Simon Harding was an award-winning detective chief inspector in the Metropolitan Police until he retired in 2021, working on a number of high profile murders including the Sarah Everard case.

Mr Harding said Lancashire police should not have gone public with their theory that Ms Bulley fell into the River Wyre and drowned unless they were 100 per sure, as it may have deterred witnesses coming forward.

He also said they should not have ruled out third party involvement unless every inch of the place where she went missing was covered by CCTV footage.

“If every possible route in and out of that area is not covered by CCTV — as is likely in the countryside — you simply cannot be sure that someone else is not involved,” he told the Sunday Times.

I will summarise.

PF says he's prepared to investigate privately and has been in discussion with the family, the family want other area's searched.
He won't interfere with the Police op, he's has had Police officers phoning and agreeing with him that things don't add up and are odd.
Her fitbit shows that she doesn't go near the water, she was always careful not to go near the river.
LE is now investigating the day before NB went missing, and want CCTV from a local garage.
LE has also been made aware of two men acting suspiciously the day before, on the route where she disappeared.

12TH FEB.

Two men who appeared to be hiding their faces were spotted near Nicola Bulley's walking route the day before she went missing, it has been reported.

A local resident alleged that two men - who appeared to be wearing hoods or hats - were near to St Michaels church just over 24 hours prior to Nicola's disappearance.

The witness claimed that he reported this 'strange' incident to the police who took nine days to respond before asking him for a statement.

Remaining anonymous, he told The Sun: 'I first saw them at around 7.45am on my way to work on the Thursday, the day before Nicola Bulley vanished. I drive that way every day, so know the road well.

'I saw two men wearing dark clothing and hoods or hats and carrying fishing rods.'

MWT is bringing his road show and travelling up to St Michael's on the Wyre next week
Mark Williams-Thomas, 53, is travelling to St Michael's on Wyre this week to analyse what could have happened to the mother-of-two, 45.

He hopes to rule out a number of outlandish theories aired by conspiracy theorists since she vanished 17 days ago.
'I will be spending time up in St Michael's on Wyre next week to pull together a quick turn around report of what exactly is known about the disappearance of Nicola Bulley.

'I will explore all the options, bring you a factual evidence analysis and dismiss some of the inaccuracies.'

MWT's comments from the Channel 5 special
'Williams-Thomas said on the programme he was 'really struggling' with Lancashire Police's attitude towards the search and its media policy.

He said: 'We shouldn't be here. The police should be here in a Watchdog-style programme appealing for evidence.'
Link Local saw 'hooded men trying to hide faces' near Nicola Bulley route

(Links to numerous LancsPolice press conferences, public appeals, interviews and statements can be found in the Media thread)

13TH FEB.

Nicola Bulley's sister is urging members of the general public to continue to share an appeal to bring her home, with the search for the missing 45-year-old running into its third week.

Family and friends of the missing mum of two have been using social media to spread the 'Bring Nikki Home' campaign - with hopes that witnesses will come forward with information to assist Lancashire Police in their widespread investigation.

Nikki's sister, Louise Cunningham took to social media at the weekend to share the logo alongside three yellow hearts - writing: "Please keep sharing."

13TH FEB.

A council has removed parish councillors' contact details after several received "vile" telephone calls over missing Nicola Bulley.

Wyre Council leader Michael Vincent said the abusive calls made on Saturday had been reported to police.

He said it would "not tolerate" abuse of elected members. Lancashire Police said it was "looking into" the matter.

Wyre Council said it has removed contact details for Inskip with Sowerby Parish Council members temporarily from its website after some received inappropriate phone calls and emails relating to the missing dog walker case.

"We appreciate the emotional gravity of the situation, however, we will not tolerate any form of abuse of any of our elected members of Wyre Borough Council or any of the town and parish councils within our borders or our staff," Mr Vincent said.

"It is a shame we have had to take this step at such a difficult time and appropriate steps are being taken to ensure that residents are still able to contact their elected representatives."

Officers are continuing to search the water, heading towards Morecambe Bay, with mounted police also taking part in the search in Knott End.

1676327710800.png

13TH FEB.

A SEARCH and rescue expert is hunting for places where missing mum-of-two Nicola Bulley could be buried.

Peter Faulding, who has worked on a series of high-profile missing person cases, plans to scour the area close to where the 45-year-old vanished for possible "deposition sites".

He said he decided to launch his own "low-key" search after having a "frank" conversation with Nicola's partner Paul and friend Heather Gibbons.

It has been 18 days since the mortgage adviser disappeared and cops are no closer to finding her.

Forensic expert Faulding, who has located scores of bodies, sometimes when police have failed to, told The Express: "I was frank with Paul and Heather the other day because we need to consider possible deposition sites, we don't know.

"I'm not saying the police aren't doing that and what I don't want to do is interfere with the police operation.

14TH FEB.

Nicola Bulley’s partner Paul Ansell has appealed to Mercedes for help tracking the missing mother-of-two’s car keys, her friend has revealed.

“Paul has been clear about Nikki's keys being missing from the get go,” Gibbons told The Sun.

“In the local searches he specifically asked people to keep their eyes open for them and even organised for people to go out with metal detectors.

“One of the first things he did was to contact Mercedes to see if they could be tracked.”

14TH FEB.

Investigators should shift their messaging to the public and have an open mind during their search for missing mum Nicola Bulley, a former senior detective has told Sky News.

Speaking to Sky News, former detective chief inspector Simon Harding said Lancashire Police needed to change the way it speaks to the public, to "reassure other people and stop people going to that scene and taking things into their own hands".

"It can hinder quite a lot. It really can.

"I think the difference here is that you don't have a cordoned off area where you can do your own enquiries in your own time and there would be all sorts of tests you would want to do in that river.

14TH FEB.

THE bench where missing mum Nicola Bulley's phone was found could be spattered with blood, a former detective claims.

Martyn Underhill fears the 45-year-old's disappearance could remain unresolved for months because investigators failed to send it for laboratory testing.

The ex-Met officer, who later became Detective Chief Inspector at Sussex Police and crime commissioner for Dorset, thinks cops should have "completely and utterly contained" the scene after Nicola's possessions were discovered on the day she vanished.

14TH FEB.

Two people have been arrested for allegedly sending malicious messages to Wyre Council members over the disappearance of Nicola Bulley.

Lancashire Police said it received reports of the messages at the weekend, which led to the arrest of a 49-year-old man from Manchester on suspicion of malicious communications offences.

He has since been released on bail, pending further enquiries, until 12 May.

A 20-year-old woman from Oldham has also since been arrested on suspicion of malicious communications offences and she remains in police custody.

Lancashire Police said enquiries are ongoing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd
Back