GUILTY UK - Nicole Smallman, 27 & Bibaa Henry 46, Archdeacon's daughters, murdered London park, 7 June 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wondering why, if they had him on cctv showing exit from the park, the police didn't put out a photo, asking for him to make contact and assist with enquiries. Can't have been that many people exiting the park in the early hours.

13:44JAMIE PHILLIPS
Hussein denies any connection to the stabbings, court told
Danyal Hussein does not accept he appeared in any CCTV video footage, nor that his DNA or blood was present because he was not at the scene.

He maintains he "is the victim of a conspiracy" having been robbed earlier the same day.
[o_O]

13:45JAMIE PHILLIPS
Court shown CCTV of Hussein purchasing knives
The jury is being shown CCTV of what the prosecution allege is Hussein purchasing knives from an ASDA store in Colindale.

Mr Glasgow QC says that Hussein would normally stay with his mother in Guy Barnett Grove, Blackheath, but had been staying at his father's address in Old Kenton Lane on the North East edge of the park.

13:45JAMIE PHILLIPS
Court rises for lunch
Court has risen for lunch.

Proceedings will resume at 2pm.

Updates from trial of teen who 'murdered sisters in park in demon sacrifice'

Mr Glasgow QC says that Hussein would normally stay with his mother in Guy Barnett Grove, Blackheath, but had been staying at his father's address in Old Kenton Lane on the North East edge of the park.

ah, exactly as we said

Has anything been said about his mental health as all this demon/devil talk sounds like he is not sane?
What a horrifically brutal attack.

I would imagine it's possible that as he seems to have been aware that what he was doing was wrong, and he's tried to cover up for himself, that maybe he wouldn't qualify as insane in that sense? Those who are found 'insane' for want of a better word are usually those who were in the throes of psychosis, they don't tend to cover up or lie about what they did, they tend to view it as a necessary thing to have done due to the psychosis.

DH doesn't seem to be claiming he wasn't in his right mind, he is claiming he wasn't even there and didn't commit the crime(s).

Would it have been made public if DH had had evaluations to see if he was fit for trial? He seems able to help in his defence, which I believe is one of the criteria.

If found guilty, I'd think he'd then have further evaluation to see if prison or somewhere like Broadmoor is the best place for him.

I would imagine it's possible that as he seems to have been aware that what he was doing was wrong, and he's tried to cover up for himself, that maybe he wouldn't qualify as insane in that sense? Those who are found 'insane' for want of a better word are usually those who were in the throes of psychosis, they don't tend to cover up or lie about what they did, they tend to view it as a necessary thing to have done due to the psychosis.

DH doesn't seem to be claiming he wasn't in his right mind, he is claiming he wasn't even there and didn't commit the crime(s).

Would it have been made public if DH had had evaluations to see if he was fit for trial? He seems able to help in his defence, which I believe is one of the criteria.

If found guilty, I'd think he'd then have further evaluation to see if prison or somewhere like Broadmoor is the best place for him.

I would have thought he would have already have been sent to Broadmoor for evaluation .The suspect in the Julia James case has been sent there for assessment before the trial.

14:12JAMIE PHILLIPS
Proceedings back underway
The Honourable Mrs Justice Whipple, shortly followed by the jury, has returned to court.

Oliver Glasgow QC continues to present the prosecution's case.

14:31JAMIE PHILLIPS
Hussein purchased 'shovels' prior to stabbings, court told
The jury continues to be shown CCTV of Hussein bagging up items at Tesco. The defendant insists it is not him captured in the footage.

Mr Glasgow QC tells the court that Hussein also purchased unibond power tape. This was "likely to be part of the plan he was hatching to kill women to win the lottery", the court hears.

The prosecutor adds that Hussein's Amazon account also purchases "heavy duty military entrenchment tools", including shovels. It is not clear why Hussein purchased the items, he tells the court, but he was "prepared for what he had planned to do".

Hussein denies purchasing the items.

15:00JAMIE PHILLIPS
Hussein was armed with shovels and knife as he entered park, court told
At 7.44pm on June 5, Hussein is said to have left his father's home address close to Fryent Country Park to walk in the direction of Edgeware Road to a Morrison's supermarket. He was walking there to collect the items, namely shovels, latext gloves and a mask, he is alleged to have purchased from Amazon.

He is caught on CCTV entering the park a short time later with a blue Nike backpack. He is not seen leaving the park, Mr Glagow QC says, "so those shovels and mask were in his backpack".

He adds: "He had a step by step plan and that was to kill women to make money."

15:04JAMIE PHILLIPS
Bibaa and Nicole were 'full of life' and 'dancing' in hours before stabbings, court told

Images taken by Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman during the evening shw them "full of life and enjoying their life together", the court hears.

Drone footage handed to police following a public appeal allowed detectives to ascertain the exact location of the group within the park that evening.

Mr Glasgow QC tells the court that the group were positioned upon a hill and would have been easy to spot.

Initially joined by friends, the last of whom left the park shortly after midnight, the sisters remained behind and carried on having fun together, the court hears.

I have scrolled back through the thread and my notes and I can't find any mention of assessments / evaluations re his fitness to stand trial. But, I guess, if he is simply saying it wasn't him, then none could be requested, pre trial ? Probably will be plenty done after he's found guilty though.

15:13JAMIE PHILLIPS
Hussein was in the park 'for four hours' prior to stabbings, court told
Bibaa positioned her phone to take pictures of her and Nicole. One, though, shows the pair "distracted by something to their left", the court hears.

Mr Glasgow QC tells the court that this may have been the moment Hussein launched the attack. He adds that there is "no doub" the defendant was in the park that evening.

CCTV shows him arriving 45 minutes after the sisters at a different entrance. Hussein insists it is not him on the CCTV.

There is no doubt he was in the park that evening. He arrived around 45 minites after the sisters and a five-minute walk from where they were sat. It would have been easy to see the celebrations. What he did for the next four hours in the park is unknown. He had shovels, a mask, latex gloves and at least one of the knives he had purchased.

At 4am the following morning is the next time his caught leaving the park. Why he chose the sisters or what it was about them that caught his attention may never be known.

15:29
No evidence Bibaa was 'able to fight back', jury told
Mr Glasgow QC details the horrific injuries Bibaa suffered.

They were vulnerable after their friends had left. None of the attack, mercifully, was caught on CCTV or on the camera being used to take pictures.

Bibaa was stabbed six times to her chest, once to her groin and once to her leg. The knife was wielded with such force it went through the bone of her sternum, past the left ventricle of her heart and into her liver. It also pierced her left lung. Extensive abrasions were also found on her back caused by when she was dragged.

The attack was over quickly and no evidence she was able to fight back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Giles
Back