GUILTY UK - Nicole Smallman, 27 & Bibaa Henry 46, Archdeacon's daughters, murdered London park, 7 June 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Presenting the CCTV evidence at the Old Bailey, Detective Constable Jo Hinchliffe said he had trawled through 450 hours of footage.

Prosecutor Oliver Glasgow QC said: “Mr Hussein does not accept he appears in the majority or all of the footage. This is of course a matter that is in dispute.”

Haunting images of dancing sisters on night they died shown in court

not seen any live reporting today

Details: Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 10:02
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 2 Sworn - 10:40
Trial (Part Heard) - No Event - 10:45
Trial (Part Heard) - No Event - 11:02
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 11:45 - 11:33
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 1 Continues - 11:51
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 1 Continues - 12:03
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 4 Sworn - 12:27
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:00 - 13:06
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 14:05
Trial (Part Heard) - No Event - 14:05
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness evidence concluded - 14:44
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 15:05 - 14:50
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 6 Sworn - 15:07
Trial (Part Heard) - No Event - 15:22
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness evidence concluded - 15:32

Central Criminal Court 9 T20207198
danyal hussein

Last edited:
44111181-0-image-a-40_1623430896879.jpg

44110965-9676781-image-a-18_1623429234601.jpg

44110969-9676781-A_jury_was_also_shown_the_lottery_tickets_purchased_by_Danyal_th-m-21_1623429446813.jpg

They've updated the article with more photos and information from the trial today Teenager, 19, 'who stabbed sisters, 27 and 46, to death made a blood pact with a demon', court hears | Daily Mail Online

In that article it reported he bought the lottery tickets on the 29th June. 3 weeks after the murder. I wonder why did not buy them the following week .

maybe he had bought tickets for dates immediately after the murders, but those draws had already taken place, so he had thrown away the tickets and the only ones he still had in his room were for draws upcoming that week ( when the police arrested him ).

maybe he had bought tickets for dates immediately after the murders, but those draws had already taken place, so he had thrown away the tickets and the only ones he still had in his room were for draws upcoming that week ( when the police arrested him ).

Good thinking! The tickets were for different draws that week.

There is still a niggling doubt in my mind as to whether he had set up the note and tickets to plead diminished responsibility should he be caught.

Good thinking! The tickets were for different draws that week.

There is still a niggling doubt in my mind as to whether he had set up the note and tickets to plead diminished responsibility should he be caught.

But he ain't pleading that! He's plead not guilty.

He's trying to cover up
the fact he made a pact with the devil!

His defense is useless both in terms of it being completely illogical, and also because he isn't pleading diminished responsibility. His defense only works in his own head. His lawyers must be tearing their hair out.

There was a very telling line in the paper today about him having Asperger's syndrome.

We should preface any subsequent discussion with a note that mental illnesses and neurodevelopmental disorders are not synonymous with offending.

But for some offenders who do have mental/neuro disorders, the disorder itself can often play a big role.

In my earlier post I said I was leaning towards a delusion/psychosis that he was trying to mask.

But his very fixated (and basically illogical) defence, coupled with his seemingly profound belief in the occult leads me to wonder more about a non-psychotic neurodevelopmental issue like autism playing a role.

It would be VERY VERY unusual for such a person to have no previous violent/aggressive behaviour, and I'd be interested to know what support he'd received for the problem, and how bad it was known to be.

The other lingering issue is who let him back into the house at 4am, with no trousers, looking disheveled, and probably covered in blood.

I remember a few days after the killings, the police were pleading with the public to speak up if a member of their family had recently appeared with an injury. The person who let Danyal back into the house must have seen he was injured. Coupled with all the above, and knowing a double-murder had been committed literally minutes from their house, how did this person bury their head in the sand so deeply!?

He's trying to cover up

His defense is useless both in terms of it being completely illogical, and also because he isn't pleading diminished responsibility. His defense only works in his own head. His lawyers must be tearing their hair out.

There was a very telling line in the paper today about him having Asperger's syndrome.

We should preface any subsequent discussion with a note that mental illnesses and neurodevelopmental disorders are not synonymous with offending.

But for some offenders who do have mental/neuro disorders, the disorder itself can often play a big role.

In my earlier post I said I was leaning towards a delusion/psychosis that he was trying to mask.

But his very fixated (and basically illogical) defence, coupled with his seemingly profound belief in the occult leads me to wonder more about a non-psychotic neurodevelopmental issue like autism playing a role.

It would be VERY VERY unusual for such a person to have no previous violent/aggressive behaviour, and I'd be interested to know what support he'd received for the problem, and how bad it was known to be.

The other lingering issue is who let him back into the house at 4am, with no trousers, looking disheveled, and probably covered in blood.

I remember a few days after the killings, the police were pleading with the public to speak up if a member of their family had recently appeared with an injury. The person who let Danyal back into the house must have seen he was injured. Coupled with all the above, and knowing a double-murder had been committed literally minutes from their house, how did this person bury their head in the sand so deeply!?
"Following the killings, Hussein was seen on CCTV going to hospital with his father Kamal to get a cut to his hand treated."
Haunting images of dancing sisters on night they died shown in court

He could have let himself in with a key, but his father obviously knew about the injury the following day.

His grandmother appears to have lived there too.

'I told him he was under arrest on suspicion of murder. I explained to him he had been linked to two murders in Fryent Country Park and gave the date June 6 2020.

The officer told jurors that Hussein replied: 'Yeah, that's me and my grandma's address
.'

Teenager, 19, 'who stabbed sisters, 27 and 46, to death made a blood pact with a demon', court hears | Daily Mail Online

These were the police appeals on June 12th -

Police have revealed the suspect suffered "significant" bleeding from an injury sustained during the attack on the women and is likely to be wearing a bandage.

They urged anyone who knows someone in the area with a similar unexplained injury to contact them.

Murderer of sisters in north London 'could strike again', police warn

From blood on the scene, the murderer is believed to have been unknown to the victims and to have incurred a “significant” injury - which may now be bandaged.

“We have eliminated everybody at the party and others from our enquiries and at this stage, I am certain they (the perpetrator) were not known to them (the victims).”

He appealed for anyone with any information to come forward.

He said: “We are still in an important phase of our investigation. It’s fast moving and we are still working on this around the clock but we need the public’s help. People need to sit down and focus on what they remember.”

Litter-picker unwittingly throws away potential evidence in Brent sisters murder case

He's trying to cover up

On his note to the demon, he does say.....

for as long as I am free...

So he doesn’t seem totally confident that this deal is going to last forever and he may have had several back up plans worked out, including a diminished responsibility plea.

Not sure why anyone would need to let him back into the house at 4am. He would use his own key.
What I do find worrying though is why no other adult in that house was concerned when DH was out of the house from 7.44pm on the Friday night until 4am the following day. We were in lockdown with limited outdoor movement allowed, except for special circumstances.

That length of absence, plus his injury, would have raised concerns for me.

I am stilll wondering what the original plan of DH was and if this was his first / last murder. Why the park??
The sisters were in that park with a group, no one could have predicted that they would stay behind after everyone from their party left. In fact, no one outside their group could have predicted that they would have been there at all.

So DH aims to kill women and sets out for the park at night. How many women would have been in the park at that time, what kind of women would have been there? IMO Joggers and walkers would have gone home by that time. Homeless and addicts are two groups I can think of, but most likely if homeless and addicts had been there, they would have been male. Vulnerable women would hide.

Homeless women in London - The Connection at St Martin's
Sleeping rough for women is incredibly dangerous and they are far more likely to be physically or verbally attacked and sexually assaulted. To protect themselves they may sleep in hidden places, or disguise themselves, making it more difficult for street teams to find them.

Street Outreach teams will go on to the streets twice a day looking for women who are rough sleeping while responding to referrals from members of the public and businesses. They check hidden spots including alleyways, under piles of cardboard and parks.

Can't help thinking that if DH located and murdered a homeless woman who was hiding, it may take a long time before she is either reported missing or found at all.

I am stilll wondering what the original plan of DH was and if this was his first / last murder. Why the park??
The sisters were in that park with a group, no one could have predicted that they would stay behind after everyone from their party left. In fact, no one outside their group could have predicted that they would have been there at all.

So DH aims to kill women and sets out for the park at night. How many women would have been in the park at that time, what kind of women would have been there? IMO Joggers and walkers would have gone home by that time. Homeless and addicts are two groups I can think of, but most likely if homeless and addicts had been there, they would have been male. Vulnerable women would hide.

Homeless women in London - The Connection at St Martin's

Can't help thinking that if DH located and murdered a homeless woman who was hiding, it may take a long time before she is either reported missing or found at all.
I don't think we have a timeline nailed down, but he got to the park 45 minutes after B & N (I've got 7.45 in my head but can't find a link).

I guess it would have been a lot busier when he entered and still light.

I think he saw them and watched them. Maybe the shovel was to conceal himself rather than a body.

The prosecutor adds that Hussein's Amazon account also purchases "heavy duty military entrenchment tools", including shovels. It is not clear why Hussein purchased the items, he tells the court, but he was "prepared for what he had planned to do".

There is no doubt he was in the park that evening. He arrived around 45 minutes after the sisters and a five-minute walk from where they were sat. It would have been easy to see the celebrations. What he did for the next four hours in the park is unknown. He had shovels, a mask, latex gloves and at least one of the knives he had purchased.

SBM.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missygirl26