GUILTY UK - Nicole Smallman, 27 & Bibaa Henry 46, Archdeacon's daughters, murdered London park, 7 June 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Crown Court
at Central Criminal Court

Daily Courtroom List for Monday 28 June 2021
FINAL 1

Court 9
- sitting at 10:00 am

THE HONOURABLE MRS JUSTICE WHIPPLE

Trial (Part Heard)
T20207198 HUSSEIN Danyal
01MP0141720 NLONM Crown Prosecution Service
DTA

From Robin's link above, a few new bits of evidence

A juror in the trial of a teenager accused of murdering two sisters in a park has been discharged after testing positive for Covid-19. On Monday, Mrs Justice Whipple formally discharged one juror.

Giving evidence, Detective Constable David Owen described what was found in a search of Hussein’s home following his arrest on July 1 last year.

Among the items seized from his bedroom

A blue latex glove and black balaclava were on the floor of a wardrobe, jurors were told.

A blue Nike rucksack containing a folding survival shovel was also seized, Dc Owen said.

The jury was reminded that a matching rucksack was allegedly used by Hussein when he bought a set of knives in Asda before the killings.

The court also heard evidence that Hussein had bought the balaclava and folding shovel in a two-pack from Amazon for a total of £26.97.

Dc Owen said officers had looked for the knife block without success.

He went on to detail the search of a refuse centre where belongings left in Fryent Country Park were believed to have been taken by rubbish collectors. He told the court: “We were lucky (that) members of the party who had been with Nicole and Bibaa had taken photos from the party. We were able to identify items we were looking for.”

Jurors were shown a picture of Ms Smallman and Ms Henry taken by a friend on the night of the birthday party in the park.

In it, the sisters were shown sitting on a grey blanket with cushions and picnic items strewn around.

The entire contents of a 40-tonne refuse lorry were picked through in the search for evidence, the court heard.

A large blue holdall was recovered, containing bloodstained grey blankets, an unopened sparkling wine bottle, a selfie stick and LED colour changing lights, the jury was told.

Bloodstained cushions were found in a separate area, one bearing the the words “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass – it’s about learning to dance in the rain”.

A humorous birthday card addressed to Bibaa was recovered from inside a blue rubbish bag.

He went on to detail the search of a refuse centre where belongings left in Fryent Country Park were believed to have been taken by rubbish collectors. He told the court: “We were lucky (that) members of the party who had been with Nicole and Bibaa had taken photos from the party. We were able to identify items we were looking for.”

Jurors were shown a picture of Ms Smallman and Ms Henry taken by a friend on the night of the birthday party in the park.

In it, the sisters were shown sitting on a grey blanket with cushions and picnic items strewn around.

The entire contents of a 40-tonne refuse lorry were picked through in the search for evidence, the court heard.

A large blue holdall was recovered, containing bloodstained grey blankets, an unopened sparkling wine bottle, a selfie stick and LED colour changing lights, the jury was told.

Bloodstained cushions were found in a separate area, one bearing the the words “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass – it’s about learning to dance in the rain”.

A humorous birthday card addressed to Bibaa was recovered from inside a blue rubbish bag.
That reminded me of this old article - Litter-picker unwittingly throws away potential evidence in Brent sisters murder case

Litter-picker unwittingly throws away potential evidence in Brent sisters murder case

Senior investigating officer Det Ch Insp Simon Harding said a litter-picking volunteer inadvertently threw away their property from Fryent Country Park.

Officers have spent five days sifting through rubbish at a waste centre to recover items, any of which could contain critical forensic evidence.

-----

They thought blood-stained cushions and blankets were litter?? I thought it would just be a few platic cups or empty bottles.

Someone else thought the girls were sleeping with their feet poking through the undergrowth, even though they didn't respond to questions.

Seems people aren't really alert and paying attention, just dismissing the unexpected. IMO.

On another note, I really love that motto on the cushion. “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass – it’s about learning to dance in the rain”

A bit more reporting here about the way they caught him: a member of his family was on the DNA database, and he was linked that way.

As well as the lottery, he made another 'blood pact' with a fictitious God/entity, asking for love from a schoolfriend.

His trial defence is as single-minded and self-serving as his pacts.

Last edited:
A bit more reporting here about the way they caught him: a member of his family was on the DNA database, and he was linked that way.

As well as the lottery, he made another 'blood pact' with a fictitious God/entity, asking for love from a schoolfriend.

I remember there was another, older, person arrested ( and released ) early on in the investigation.
When DH was arrested, someone theorised that he might be related to the previously arrested person.

From the link:

However, the database did produced a familial DNA link on 30 June last year, the court heard.

Investigators found that teenager Danyal Hussein was a member of the same family and that his father lived near the park.

DCI Harding told the court: "One of my officers deployed to do some research around purchases of knife blocks piped up straight away and said 'I've got him buying knives in Asda a couple of days before'."

CCTV covering the defendant's Wembley address was recovered showing a male returning at around 4am on the morning of the killings.

Mr Harding said: "This was really, really quick. In an hour and a half we had everything."

BBM

animated-smileys-waving-019.gif
Just wow....

But also quite worrying that between 7 June and 30 June they had no leads to DH. I thought it was him attending the Hospital for the cut to his arm that had alerted them

I live very close to the park and spoke to a number of police during that 7th - 30th period, when I was walking the dog. One of them told me it was the most extensive manhunt he'd ever seen the MET undertake. He told me every single available officer from across the entire force was put on the case. Bear in mind this was during lockdown, when a lot of police were twiddling their thumbs.

There were helicopters hovering very low every day for hours at a time, an enormous series of temporary structures as a command centre on the opposite side of the park, and police cars frenetically whizzing all over the place.

This was both reassuring that they were doing everything they could, but also worrying because they were very clearly scouring the place for anything they could find, clearly highly concerned about the dangerousness of man whom they didn't have a lead on.

Stranger murders are rare; double stranger murders must be incredibly rare. That, coupled with the chaotic nature of the killings, must have rightly terrified them as they had a serial-killer-in-the-making on the loose.

Praise be for CCTV, DNA analysing, and great police work

Last edited:
No it seems they only discovered that when they got him. I’d guess he went to a hospital in SE London.

He went to Northwick Park hospital ( Harrow ) with his father, on the Saturday ( June 6 ). But seems no one made a connection or reported him.

Hussein was caught on CCTV returning to his home at 4am on the Saturday morning.

Later that day he went to Northwick Park hospital to seek treatment for cuts to his right hand and told doctors that he had been mugged at 10pm the night before.

Danyal Hussein murder trial: Friend of Nicole Smallman and Bibaa Henry give evidence in court | Daily Mail Online

Adding this link as there is a pic in the article, showing DH at the hospital

Following the killings, Hussein was seen on CCTV going to hospital with his father Kamal to get a cut to his hand treated.

Haunting images of dancing sisters on night they died shown in court

Last edited:
He went to Northwick Park hospital ( Harrow ) with his father, on the Saturday ( June 6 ). But seems no one made a connection or reported him.

Hussein was caught on CCTV returning to his home at 4am on the Saturday morning.

Later that day he went to Northwick Park hospital to seek treatment for cuts to his right hand and told doctors that he had been mugged at 10pm the night before.

Danyal Hussein murder trial: Friend of Nicole Smallman and Bibaa Henry give evidence in court | Daily Mail Online

Adding this link as there is a pic in the article, showing DH at the hospital

Following the killings, Hussein was seen on CCTV going to hospital with his father Kamal to get a cut to his hand treated.

Haunting images of dancing sisters on night they died shown in court
I hadn't caught on that he claimed the mugging when he went to the hospital, and not just when he was questioned in connection to the deaths. Was the cuts so serious he needed medical attention? Did his father notice them and force him to go? Was it all part of his plan to go and start his alibi of having been mugged? If so, why would he need an alibi if the "devil" agreed that he wouldn't be caught. If it was serious injuries then surely the hospital would have strongly recommended contacting the police regarding it. Did he give a statement regarding the alleged mugging after the hospital or only when being questioned in connection to the deaths?
(sorry if these questions have all been answered)

Is that unusual for the defence to do that? Although, tbh IMO it's pretty obvious he's guilty, I suppose there's not really any evidence to show he didn't do it.

As I said earlier in the thread, his lawyers are forced into this absurd defence, by his utterly single-minded refusal to openly admit the obvious.

He's told his lawyers and the police that it wasn't him, irrespective of the DNA and everything else. He's offered no defence beyond absurdly saying someone must have planted evidence.

His lawyers - to their credit - have obviously represented him to the best of their ability, despite him giving them complete nonsense to work with.

The most upsetting thing about his approach is that he's forced the family and friends into a needless trial, for immature self-serving and pointless reasons.

To anyone who takes a liberal approach to offender-management, let this be a lesson: some people - no matter what - will hurt others because they simply don't care. I'm glad this is ending and the family and friends can greive properly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heypig06
Back