Found Deceased UK - Nida Ul-Naseer, 18, Newport S. Wales, 28 Dec 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Ms Naseer told the press conference her sister did not have a boyfriend and did not go out with any other friends apart from her sister.

Quote taken from the above bbc article.

So, if she didn't go out with friends apart from her sister, it sounds like she didn't have (or wasn't allowed) a social life ..... so seems unlikely she has any close friends to stay with. The only other possibility is that she is at a safe place, like a refuge and they are keeping quiet.

Just MOO but apart from the above solution, I'm finding it hard to believe she voluntarily left the house at the moment.

http://news.sky.com/story/1191490/missing-nida-teenager-upset-at-studies-ban

"The family, originally from Pakistan, had their request for asylum in Britain turned down a year ago."

If I was Nida I could see where the combo of not being able to go to university and the prospect of possibly having to return "the most dangerous country on Earth" of Pakistan might send me running, too. (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...IAM-FOX-Pakistan-Syria-dangerous-country.html).

Please let someone know you're okay, Nida.

Although Nida's sister wears a hijab, for what it's worth, all these pics of Nida are without a hijab or head covering/scarf. And her 22 year old sister, while she does wear a head covering, is unmarried. That makes me think he family is not what we'd call "fundamentalist." True hardcore fundamentalists wouldn't release pictures of a woman with an uncovered head - even if she was missing/for ID purposes. And fact that her older sister in unmarried makes me doubt Nida was fleeing an arranged marriage. I think this is really about Nida's desire to go to university (and therefore be able to gain some freedom and go on to support herself).

http://www.theguardian.com/society/...ssing-teenager-upset-asylum-wanted-university
"Asylum-seeker status preventing 18-year-old from going to university is behind her upset and disappearance, says sister."
It seemes that Nida could not go to university due to her family's immigration status rather than money or money alone or her family not wanting her to go to university.

"Because we are asylum seekers we are not allowed to go to university. She was angry about that. She was very sad, she was very angry about her future."

Poor Nida. I would be heartbroken in that situation, too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-25627198

If she didn't go out anywhere except with her sister, who would she be calling and texting all the time? What would they have to talk about except school? They mention no activity on her bank account, so did she work?

"Because we are asylum seekers we are not allowed to go to university. She was angry about that. She was very sad, she was very angry about her future."

Poor Nida. I would be heartbroken in that situation, too.

I'm not sure how accurate that it. I thought that even if you had been refused asylum, you could still go to university, but you had to apply as an over-seas student, and would have to pay fees.

So, maybe the row was about her family not being able to afford the fees, rather than her not actually being allowed to apply to university. I think they are awaiting for an appeal judgement on their status, so not sure what their legal position is with regards to staying in the country.

Taken from the University of Westminster website

If you're an asylum seeker and the Home Office has not reached a decision on your application, you’ll not be eligible to receive student funding for an undergraduate degree course and should be classed as an overseas student for fees purposes.

For undergraduate study, the annual fee for a full-time course starting September 2013 is £11,370 and you will be liable to pay this yourself.

http://www.westminster.ac.uk/study/prospective-students/fees-and-funding/funding-for-students-starting-before-201213/refugees-and-asylum-seekers

'Ms Naseer replied "No comment" when asked how soon after the university row Nida disappeared'

And there you have it, in my opinion. The fog around the actual events at the actual time of Nida's disappearance is not just in my imagination. Who the heck says 'No comment' when asking media for help in finding a loved one?

How come one sister was reported to be at Uni, but Nida couldn't go because of her asylum seeker status?........or is sis attending Uni married to a Brit, so she has citizenship?

ETA: Just seen post saying sister isn't married, so that's another mystery then.

I've noticed something about the area police have been concentrating their searches on over the last couple of days (excuse the fingerpainting writing). First, it is two and a half miles from Nida's home and an industrial area - so unlikely she was fleeing to a home or friend there (most buildings would have been closed that holiday weekend).

Secondly, the only way she could have reasonably got to that area is via the bridge, and that definitely will have cameras. I really don't see how a coatless, shoeless young girl with long dair hair would have made it across without being noticed or filmed, unless she was in a vehicle. So it makes me wonder if it's video of someone's vehicle that has led them to search there.......or a final phone ping?

Just heard on the radio that police are 'keeping an open mind'. They can say that, but they way they have behaved so far, gives every indication they believe There has been foul play, in my opinion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 20
Secondly, the only way she could have reasonably got to that area is via the bridge, and that definitely will have cameras. I really don't see how a coatless, shoeless young girl with long dair hair would have made it across without being noticed or filmed, unless she was in a vehicle. So it makes me wonder if it's video of someone's vehicle that has led them to search there.......or a final phone ping?

"Supt Mark Warrender, of Gwent Police told reporters "substantial" amounts of CCTV footage was being examined, friends and family had been interviewed and officers had distributed leaflets around her home a week after she went missing.

"Despite all of this, Nida's disappearance remains a mystery," he said.

On Tuesday afternoon, officers searched areas around the Transporter Bridge, the Lysaght Institute, which is a yard on Corporation Road, and Pill's Millennium Centre".

That's exactly what I mean. I just can't see why they would be searching that area, unless they had some indication Nida might have gone there.

I've thought from the beginning that there was a whole load of fishyness to this. I cant quite put my finger on it. Certain peoples behaviour and response to the situation are certainly interesting!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

so im supposed to believe this girl went outside to put the bins out with no shoes and no coat and vanished because she was upset about not going to university...i call bs on the whole thing,

as soon as i read the story it sounded very off..

i sincerely hope this girl has just done a runner and is safe but for fear of not been able to stop typing .....ill shut up

dont even get me started.

I think they first stated she took the garbage out and then decided to tell what really happened. She was mad and left. Being private on something like that is not wise when your child is missing. imo

Does the sister work or attend school? I can't imagine they just found out about the status on attending the university?? Maybe nobody tried to get in before her and she just found out? I don't know how that works.

The sister is at the same college (not university) as Nida. So they already knew about this before. The family had their asylum status rejected last year (which is why Nida cannot go to university as it would cost £11,000+ to send her & the family can't afford it).

I wonder why they are seeking asylum status? I'm presuming it's because the family were at some sort of risk there?

People in Pakistan have extensive contacts with people in the UK, so I just wonder if there is any possibility if a grudge from there has been taken out on Nida here.

But still, that wouldn't really explain why the details around the circumstances of Nida's disappearance are so vague. Or the sister's 'no comment' comment. I just can't get over that.

Has anyone found a FB for Nida? I saw one I thought might be, but there was no wayto be sure as the girl's face was concealed.

I wonder why they are seeking asylum status? I'm presuming it's because the family were at some sort of risk there?

People in Pakistan have extensive contacts with people in the UK, so I just wonder if there is any possibility if a grudge from there has been taken out on Nida here.

But still, that wouldn't really explain why the details around the circumstances of Nida's disappearance are so vague. Or the sister's 'no comment' comment. I just can't get over that.

Has anyone found a FB for Nida? I saw one I thought might be, but there was no wayto be sure as the girl's face was concealed.

The family are Ahmadiyya Muslims, who are often under religious persecution in Pakistan as they are a minority sect and some say a cult and not true Muslims. So that is probably why they have fled Pakistan. I have no idea why the details are so vague - I don't recall any other missing cases being like this - it's almost like the police are too scared and are being politically correct. :maddening:

I noticed the picture of Nida used in the press is taken from the town of Barry, well Barry island to be exact. I know its only a photo of her at the beach and it might not be relevant but I wonder if she knows anyone in that town. Newport is about 40 miles away, but easy to get to via public transport. I know the media have said that LE are widening the search, so anything is possible I guess.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995
Back