Found Deceased UK - Nida Ul-Naseer, 18, Newport S. Wales, 28 Dec 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'll look for Barry Island links, to see if they are aware - I have heard of a couple of places in Wales that (famously) could never get telly. But I don't think it was Barry Island.

This article mentions police searching the Transported Bridge, the Pill Millennium Centre and the Lysaght Institute too. I am guessing they are all on the opposite side of the river from Nida's home, but I'll have to check the Lysaght Institute.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-25646806

I am totally convinced now, that police have some indication Nida crossed the river. And they have come to that conclusion from cctv of a vehicle crossing the bridge. But her family said she is quiet and very shy - never mixes with anyone but her sister. That doesn't sound like someone who would have accepted a lift from a stranger or even asked a friend for a ride either.

The only reason I can think for Nida crossing the river in a vehicle is that there has been foul play, and she was in the vehicle of someone very close to her. :(

I'd also like to know if there are members of the extended family nearby, and if they have all been spoken to.

Nida was attending college and was a model student, so she was interacting with other people at times, no matter what her sister says. I wonder if there is any possibility Nida had fallen in love with a fellow student?

The family are Ahmadiyya Muslims, who are often under religious persecution in Pakistan as they are a minority sect and some say a cult and not true Muslims. So that is probably why they have fled Pakistan. I have no idea why the details are so vague - I don't recall any other missing cases being like this - it's almost like the police are too scared and are being politically correct. :maddening:

It looks as though you were spot on with your theory!

An article in this Gwent newspaper here says they deliberately withheld the information about the family's asylum seeker status, and they were proved right to do so. Sad.

It also points out it was for religious persecution, which I do think is helpful in the search for Nida. I feel it is much less likely that persecution would have followed them to England than political troubles, and so it's unlikely Nida would have been abducted as revenge against the family.

The paper feels the information release has damaged the search for Nida. I'm not so sure. People really seem to want her found and if police asked for volunteers for a search, I think (hope) they'd turn out in droves.

It's made me wonder if information around the circumstances of Nida's disappearance is also being witheld.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/ne...ut_a_missing_girl__not_asylum_seekers/?ref=mr

It looks as though you were spot on with your theory!

An article in this Gwent newspaper here says they deliberately withheld the information about the family's asylum seeker status, and they were proved right to do so. Sad.

It also points out it was for religious persecution, which I do think is helpful in the search for Nida. I feel it is much less likely that persecution would have followed them to England than political troubles, and so it's unlikely Nida would have been abducted as revenge against the family.

The paper feels the information release has damaged the search for Nida. I'm not so sure. People really seem to want her found and if police asked for volunteers for a search, I think (hope) they'd turn out in droves.

It's made me wonder if information around the circumstances of Nida's disappearance is also being witheld.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/ne...ut_a_missing_girl__not_asylum_seekers/?ref=mr

I think there is a good deal being withheld at the moment. Really don't know whether to trust the family or not. Something is amiss and police are not publicly piecing together the last known movements and details of local CCTV also and very very little info on the family in general.:silenced:

I always feel its a sorry state of affairs when we automatically jump to the thought that family are involved in missong persons cases such as this..HOWEVER we have seen recently that this is becoming more "the norm" and we as the general public are being proven right time and time again. I do think that the family know a lot more than they are letting on. I dont believe that Nida was as isolated and religiously behaved as they would like us to think. The released photo certainly goes some way to backing this up. If you look at what she is wearing and then what her sister has worn at the press conference etc you will see marked differences in their styles with Nida seemingly more westernised. JMO

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

When they say 'around the bridge' do they mean in the water underneath?

I mean, Nida is obviously not on the bridge or she would have been found. If police have some cctv evidence, I don't know why they're not releasing it. Unless it's a vehicle that they suspect but have no proof about.....

I hope that if/WHEN she's found she'll come home to the news that she can attend uni after all.. whether through the kindness of strangers that heard about it, some new scholarships, just something... breaks my heart that this was a problem.

I am sure that could be done for this young girl, Nida is a model student.

Even though the timing is out (last uni applications probably went in around September, why was the family still rowing in December?) it seems possible Nida was so heartbroken she ran into the night without her shoes or coat. But stopping to put the trash out first.....Really?

Such a lovely young girl, trying her best to do well in a new country. Heart breaking.

CLASSMATES of missing teenager Nida Naseer took to a retail park in Newport yesterday in a bid to end the mystery over her disappearance.
Coleg Gwent students were handing out leaflets to shoppers urging anyone with information about her whereabouts to contact police.
Gwent Police yesterday searched along Nash Road between the roundabout and Meadows Road near the Coleg Gwent Newport City campus. Their search continued to Maindee where officers were searching off Corporation Road and along residential streets including Gaskell Street and Willenhall Street.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/10937301.Students_join_search_for_missing_Newport_pal/?ref=rss

I read through this a while ago, but really didn't have time to write a reply at the time.
In reference to some of the comments and observations further up the thread though, I think I can possibly throw a little light on some of them.

> On the weekend of 28th December there were most certainly rubbish collections over the weekend by Newport City Council. Christmas Day and Boxing Day (the previous Wednesday and Thursday) were bank holidays and extra collections were laid on at the weekend to make up for it. No idea whether Pill was getting an additional weekend collection though.

> I'm not sure how well this will translate to American members, but Pill is well known as being a "rough" area. (Low income, high crime rate, lots of 'social' housing)
The demographic can broadly be split 3 ways. There's a (declining) population of elderly residents who have lived there their entire lives since the area was a better place to live (it was never a high-end or prosperous area, but there was a time when it was 'proud' of its heritage). There's a very large Asian-Muslim community and there are also a lot of very low income families living in social housing.

> Again, this is possibly a very British thing, but until 10-12 years ago it was the norm in the UK to pack your rubbish up in a black bag and leave it on the doorstep for the binmen to collect. Since then the council has introduced 'wheelie bins'. Collections have dropped to once a fortnight and they will refuse to take anything not placed in the bin or even in the wrong bin. (We have bins for general waste, garden rubbish, paper recycling, plastic recycling etc etc all collected on alternating weeks)
This is where Pill's demographic comes into it. A lot of the elderly have struggled to adapt to this system resulting in rubbish building up that won't be collected. Where there are large families living in a single residence often the bins aren't quite large enough so overspill ends up left out in black bags until the next fortnightly collection and sadly, you also have those who really don't care and will dump rubbish anywhere.

> There were no big storms in Newport that weekend. They were forecast, Porthcawl which is about 35 miles up the coast was hit hard but Newport was pretty much unaffected.

Hope that helps to clear up a couple of things :)

I have heard of a couple of places in Wales that (famously) could never get telly. But I don't think it was Barry Island.

:floorlaugh: Definitely not Barry Island !!!

There are some very isolated, rural areas of Mid and North Wales where you can't get broadband or mobile phone signals - But with the introduction of digital TV in the UK I actually doubt that there are any places where you still can't get TV (happy to be proved wrong on that point though!)

Anyway, I've digressed slightly.
The South Wales area is largely urban and definitely has no issues with TV, phones, computers or anything else !!!

A charity for Muslim women has appealed for missing teenager Nida Naseer to return home.

The 18-year-old has not been seen since she went to put out the bins out at her home in Pill, Newport on 28 December.

The Henna Foundation and Gwent Police held a joint news conference in the city appealing for the sixth-form student to come home.

A CCTV image of Pakistan-born Nida, taken just before she disappeared, has been released by the force.

When she disappeared, Nida was not wearing shoes and did not have any of her possessions - phone, money or coat - with her.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-25777068

I think the police need to re-appeal in this case. As others have said, Nida must have college or online friends who have some idea of places she would be likely to go if she left of her own free will, and if she has sought refuge in a charity can they not urge Nida to make some kind of contact to let those who are thinking of her know she is safe and well?

I haven't seen any live news in the UK about this case in a few days.

I am still trying to work out why police released the cctv picture of Nida? It is obviously not for ID purposes, as there are already good pics of her......so why release pics of her in a (family?) group that can't be relevant to her time of disappearance, as she disappeared at night from the home and that's taken during the day in the company of others?

Why do police think that pic of Nida outside with other people is so important? Do they know something about the timeline we don't?

I am still trying to work out why police released the cctv picture of Nida? It is obviously not for ID purposes, as there are already good pics of her......so why release pics of her in a (family?) group that can't be relevant to her time of disappearance, as she disappeared at night from the home and that's taken during the day in the company of others?

Why do police think that pic of Nida outside with other people is so important? Do they know something about the timeline we don't?

Good thinking Zwie. I can't see what they would hope to achieve from releasing a grainy group cctv shot taken at a irrelevant time. Unless....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995
Back