GUILTY UK - Nurse accused in insulin poisonings, deaths at Stepping Hill Hospital, 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Inspection on 26/05/09 for Newlands Nursing & Residential Home. Seems like they had a few issues here about how medication was stored issued etc.

Sad PS to this terrible, still unresolved, business.
The boyfriend of the first nurse to be accused was found to have child *advertiser censored* on his computer when their flat was initially searched. More at link

All gone quiet at the moment, I can't understand when she appealed against the hospitals decision to sack her that there was no statement from either the solicitor or her saying they were disappointed about her dismissal, confidential reasons I think they said for not issuing a statement.

Has it been hushed up and she is working elsewhere under certain conditions or are they further investigating their first suspicions .

So his bail was extended. I wonder whether he was just accused of falsifying records or whether he is suspected of being responsible for the sabotage

Breaking news on the BBC so far but police have confirmed that another patient, who died in 2011, died due to insulin contamination of IVI products

“We are continually getting new information and data, all of which is under constant review and scrutiny, and it is important to stress that this is not a new case but one we have recategorised following a conference with a number of highly-experienced experts and full review of all evidence to date.
we continue to make excellent progress but the sheer size and complexity of this investigation dictates that we carry out our inquiries carefully and diligently.
“This takes time and cannot be rushed, but rest assured we remain determined to identify whoever is responsible.”

It seems like they are calling it grievous bodily harm at the moment so whoever it is until they find that connection to the actual death , which may be there, they can only charge them with a lesser sentence presumably.

What an utter fiasco this is. I really hope that the police have not messed up someone elses life and career.

Male nurse arrested by police hunting a serial hospital poisoner is back in family home after seven months in hiding
Victorino Chua was told to go to secret address after fears his house could be targeted
Questioned over alleged tampering with medication on wards
Returns to terraced house two months before bail ends

DM Link

From kINGFISHER's link above
"Although police said they were making ''good progress'' they highlighted the "sheer size and complexity" of the investigation.
It is nearly one year since staff at Stepping Hill Hospital in Stockport, Greater Manchester, raised the alarm after they found contaminated vials of saline and noticed ''unexplained'' low blood sugar levels in patients.
Police later found the saline drips of 22 people had been deliberately contaminated between June 1 and July 15 last year.
The deaths of Tracey Arden 44, Arnold Lancaster, 71, and Derek Weaver, 83, are being investigated as murders while those of Bill Dickson, 82, Linda McDonagh, 60, John Beeley, 73, and Beryl Hope, 70, are being treated as cases of grievous bodily harm as tests continue.
They are reviewing and analysing each of the hundreds of interactions all those patients had with a member of staff or visitor during their time at Stepping Hill."

Like looking for a needle in a haystack. I wonder what happened to the "two male suspects" that they referred to last year

A couple of points , Most of these articles say

The police said ultimately a file of evidence will be prepared and will be heard before a jury or the coroner, who will rule on the causes of death "and how, if at all, the insulin from contaminated products contributed to their death".

Will be interesting to see the outcome, in the hands of the coroner or jury.

“I want to take the opportunity to thank all the staff at Stepping Hill. I know the past 12 months have been an extremely difficult and challenging time for them but they have offered us their full and unwavering support throughout. It is important to note that we continue to work with them regarding the safeguarding of patients and since we were alerted back in July last year no other products have been contaminated.”

Interesting article, just yesterday I mentioned angels of death and another poster said it was offensive to even bring up the topic or refer to crimes of this nature.

A total of 22 people suffered hypoglycaemic episodes after saline drips were allegedly sabotaged with insulin between June and July 2011 at Stepping Hill.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back