UK - Nurse duped by prankster regarding royal, found dead.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not in England. Your information is fifty years out of date.

She died in the nurses' accommodation in London, not the family home in Bristol (which is over 100 miles away), so there was no possibility of the children finding her. Your knowledge of the facts of this case appears to be somewhat superficial.

Since when did taking the life of a King/Queen's subject, even by your own hand become legal? Do you have a reference for that. If I recall correctly many were prosecuted for that fact alone, never mind the heinous crime committed.

Secondly, no matter WHERE the nurse committed her suicide, it still impacted, and will impact the lives of her children 'till the day they die.

As far as I'm concerned, those DJ's didn't kill this woman, she chose to take her own life, for whatever reason, and her decision is what will stay in her children's minds until the day they die.

My opinion only

The nurse who apparently took her own life following the royal hoax call scandal was still alive when found hanging in her staff housing and attempts were made to revive her, it was claimed today.
Jacintha Saldanha, 46, was found alive at her accommodation on Friday morning and was still conscious when police and paramedics arrived - but they couldn't save her, Sky News reported.
Mrs Saldanha left a note for her family, it was revealed yesterday. She had not told her husband or children that she was involved in the incident, meaning the letter may provide their only clue to what prompted the respected nurse to take such a drastic and tragic step.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...de-note-alive-hanging-flat.html#ixzz2Eq7RlwBj
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Suicide ceased to be a criminal offence with the passing of the Suicide Act 1961; the same Act made it an offence to assist in a suicide.
Suicide legislation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since when did taking the life of a King/Queen's subject, even by your own hand become legal? Do you have a reference for that. If I recall correctly many were prosecuted for that fact alone, never mind the heinous crime committed.

It really is very easy to find information on the relevant legislation. In fact I see someone has already posted a link.

Secondly, no matter WHERE the nurse committed her suicide, it still impacted, and will impact the lives of her children 'till the day they die.

I wouldn't dispute that at all. I was merely correcting a factual error made by another poster who said "Oh and doing it in the home, so the kids could come home and find her body?"

I think we all owe it to each other to correct factual errors so that other readers are not misled.

It really is very easy to find information on the relevant legislation. In fact I see someone has already posted a link.

I wouldn't dispute that at all. I was merely correcting a factual error made by another poster who said "Oh and doing it in the home, so the kids could come home and find her body?"

I think we all owe it to each other to correct factual errors so that other readers are not misled.

BBM. Since it is so easy, can you point me to the link? Thanks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...amily-Husband-demanding-answers-hospital.html

A post-mortem examination was held yesterday on the body of Mrs Saldanha, who was the first unwitting member of staff at the King Edward VII Hospital in London, where the Duchess of Cambridge was being treated for acute morning sickness, to take the call made by two Australian DJs pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles.

She passed them on to a second nurse on Kate's ward, who was then duped into giving out details of her medical condition

bbm, She had other issues going on.

And before the family gets any money I as the insurance company would demand to see the 'suicide' note.

There is much more to this story.

Morrissey blames royal family for nurse's death (Guardian)
---
It was't because of two DJs in Australia that this woman took her own life, it was the pressure around her," Morrissey told New Zealand's 3News. While much of this stress can be blamed on the press, he said, or the "maximum pressure [of] … the Palace and Clarence House," he called on the duchess to take direct responsibility.
---
Morrissey is a long-time critic of the monarchy. "They're absolutely horrible people," he said last year, on American TV. "I think they're arrogant, horrible dictators."
---
the rest at the link

Ken Wharf (royal bodyguard) - Daily Mirror

According to Princess Diana’s former bodyguard Ken Wharf, if established protocol had been followed, the DJs would never have got through to Kate’s ward.

Mr Wharfe said: “When I was protecting Diana, the first thing we did when we arrived at a hotel or anywhere else was to isolate the switchboard.
Ken Wharf (royal bodyguard) - Daily Mirror

“You tell the staff to put any calls through to the detective there. The royals never ring in to hospitals.

"If anyone needed to speak to Kate they would ring the officer outside her room. All this should have been explained to hospital staff but clearly it wasn’t.

"The procedures that should have been followed have been around for years.”

Hrmph. The height of absurdity. (IMO) Whatever one thinks of the monarchy, there is absolutely no way that the Duchess or anyone else could have foreseen that her hospital visit would end in someone's suicide.

The results of a post-mortem examination on London nurse Jacintha Saldanha will be kept under wraps until a coroner opens an inquest into the death which came three days after an Australian radio prank.

Nurse ‘withdrawn’ after royal prank call

Inquest this week for radio prank victim

An examination of the 46-year-old mother of two was completed on Tuesday but the findings will not be made public until released by the coroner, a Scotland Yard spokesman said.

A brief coroner's court hearing into Ms Saldanha's death is due to be mentioned in the English capital on Thursday and adjourned to a later date to allow for the gathering of further information.

Findings "would be announced tomorrow at the inquest", the police source said.
Various British media outlets, including Sky News, have reported Ms Saldanha was "found hanged".

The network said contrary to initial reports Ms Saldanha was unconscious when first reached by emergency services, the nurse was dead when found at staff quarters close to the King Edward VII hospital.

It is understood Ms Saldanha had left a note for her family - husband Benedict Barboza and children Junal, 17 and 14-year-old Lisha.

While the death is not being treated as suspicious by police, a coroner is expected to carefully examine the events leading up to the discovery of Ms Saldanha's body on Friday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -flat.html

Does Kate’s hospital care more about PR than its own nurses?
By SANDRA PARSONS
PUBLISHED: 23:56 GMT, 11 December 2012 | UPDATED: 10:13 GMT, 12 December 2012

Even if you’d never heard of the King Edward VII Hospital before that infamous prank call, a quick look at its online brochure would have told you all about its self-belief and famous heritage.
Established more than 100 years ago, it hand-picks its consultants, claims a zero rate of hospital-acquired MRSA infections, and offers all patients well-appointed private rooms with ensuite bathrooms.

<modsnip>

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... z2EqMEtbGb

The family members are also mulling over seeking a second postmortem in India if they and Benedict are not satisfied with the inquest outcome in London.

"As Indian laws are applicable even in Britain, the family members are thinking of asking for a second postmortem under section 154 of the Indian Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 if they are not convinced about the exact cause of Jacintha's death, being investigated by the Scotland Yard," D'Souza asserted.

Saldhana was found unconscious Dec 7 in the quarters of the hospital in central London where she was working as a senior nurse, and was pronounced dead when wheeled into the hospital in an ambulance.

"I have known and seen Jacintha when ever she visited Mangalore over the years as her family members, including mother, a sister and a brother reside next door. She was a pleasant lady and warm with friends and relatives," D'Souza recalled.

Jacintha, 46, who graduated from Father Muller College of Nursing in Mangalore in the mid-1980s, first worked at Muscat (Oman) for a few years and went to London after marriage 15 years ago to live with Barboza, an accountant in the British National Health Service at Bristol, 190 km from London.

"We didn't even know that Jacintha got unwittingly involved in the hoax call though we read something about it in newspapers last week that there was a prank call to the hospital from a radio station in Australia, whose jockeys tried to know about the princess's ( Kate Middleton) health by imitating the voice of the queen (Elizabeth) and prince (Charles)," Jacintha's nephew said but declined to be named.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...5748341_1_second-postmortem-inquest-mangalore

Quote:

"London police have not allowed Jacintha's husband to make a telephone call and her mortal remains were not shown to him or the children. Government of India must look into this matter seriously," he said.

http://www.business-standard.com/gen...e-death/91709/

Working link:
http://www.business-standard.com/ge...se-seeks-probe-into-indian-nurse-death/91709/

What does that even mean? The husband is not under arrest, is he? So how could the police prevent him from making phone calls?

Just Curious who calls the hospital anymore? I mean with cell phones and all do people actually call the Hospital anymore.

The main thing is that her family suspects foul play. I read that as murder.

The main thing is that her family suspects foul play and that means murder to me. They want a second post mortem done in India.

I think he has not been able to make calls to India. I don't think her mother knows yet.
Yes, her mother does know.
MANGALORE: The news of the death of Jacintha Saldanha, a nurse at London's King Edward VII Hospital, was conveyed to her ailing mother Carmine Saldanha on Monday evening. Carmine was inconsolable and family members have kept her under sedation as she is a heart patient.
http://articles.timesofindia.indiat..._1_royal-hospital-hoax-sedation-heart-patient

And Mr Barboza has made calls to India.
Carmine Barboza said, "We got a call last night from Benedict informing us that Jacintha had died. He was crying and couldn't speak much."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/09/jacintha-saldanha-hoax-call-india

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc