UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that has me questioning it is the parents statement which said they’d tried to intubate him between 4-8am that morning (I.e. before). The parents could have been lied to, or it could be that earlier attempts did happen. Hopefully we’ll find out. JMO.
I think it would have come up in the evidence of Jennifer Jones-Key, and been in the medical notes, if it had happened.

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
5m

I'll be bringing live updates from Manchester Crown Court this morning where the murder trial of nurse Lucy Letby continues. We'll be hearing evidence in relation to Child N, who the Crown say Ms Letby tried to kill on 3 occasions in June 2016. She denies all charges.

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
2m

Dr Mayberry is being asked about the events of June 15, 2016. Child N crashed several times throughout that day - at one point requiring full resuscitation and six doses of adrenaline

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
1m

Dr Mayberry was crash bleeped to attend the neonatal unite at around 15:00 due to a 'sudden desaturation following 3ml aspirate of blood from NG (tube)'

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
43s

He tells the court that his initial thought was that this could be epiglottitis - this often caused by an infection, but can also sometimes happen as a result of a throat injury

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
4m

Dr Mayberry tells the court that he does not recall seeing any blood in Child N's throat. Asked if he could he could give a cause for the swelling, he says 'no it’s not something I've had much experience of'

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
1m

Ben Myers KC, defending, is now questioning Dr Mayberry. He asks in his professional opinion what can be the cause of blood - he says he told Cheshire Police it could have been a result of gastric irritation or Necrotising enterocolitis (NEC)

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
44s

He says it could also have been a result of Child N's blood disorder, which resulted in a deficiency of an essential blood-clotting protein

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
23s

The mottling eventually resolved, but over the next few hours Child N suffered five desaturations. The doctor said this made him think the baby boy had an infection. A septic screen of his bloods was then ordered

I don't think that holds true, that those found guilty rarely have a wide circle of friends and are sociable people.

Alex Murdaugh was just sentenced to two life terms for double murder and he was very popular and was considered a very good friend with a large prominent social circle of life long friends. His friends and colleagues were shocked when they heard the evidence against him.
I mean of the random serial killer types, rather than people who murder people they know or are related to. I'm not familiar with the case you mentioned but I think he killed his family? From what little I know it's a fairly common domestic murder and is only really in the news because of who he is? It's not a particularly unusual crime but I may be wrong there.

Dan O'Donoghue
@MrDanDonoghue
·
1m

Notes from the early hours of June 15 show that the doctor ordered a blood test as Child N was mottled in appearance and he wasn't sure why
Dan O'Donoghue
@MrDanDonoghue
·
4m

Dr Mayberry tells the court that he does not recall seeing any blood in Child N's throat. Asked if he could he could give a cause for the swelling, he says 'no it’s not something I've had much experience of'

Dan O'Donoghue
@MrDanDonoghue
·
1m

Ben Myers KC, defending, is now questioning Dr Mayberry. He asks in his professional opinion what can be the cause of blood - he says he told Cheshire Police it could have been a result of gastric irritation or Necrotising enterocolitis (NEC)

Dan O'Donoghue
@MrDanDonoghue
·
44s

He says it could also have been a result of Child N's blood disorder, which resulted in a deficiency of an essential blood-clotting protein

If we look at this case individually, we can possibly try to write it off as connected to his blood disorder, and or the incubation issues.

But when I look at the big picture and the alleged overall pattern, it is harder for me to do that. Why would these same symptoms be appearing over and over, in such a spike of collapses, during this one year period?

These same symptoms have happened in a similar way in babies without this blood disorder. JMO

Last edited:
If we look at this case individually, we can write it off as connected to his blood disorder, and or the incubation issues.

But when I look at the big picture and the alleged overall pattern, it is harder for me to do that. Why would these same symptoms be appearing over and over, in such a spike of collapses, during this one year period?

These same symptoms have happened in a similar way in babies without this blood disorder. JMO
If they could be written off as related to haemophilia and/or intubation trauma then I don't think they'd be apart of the trial. To add, the doctors had no idea what was going on with Baby N either and couldn't diagnose so unable to write off, even LL queried what it could be.

I mean of the random serial killer types, rather than people who murder people they know or are related to. I'm not familiar with the case you mentioned but I think he killed his family? From what little I know it's a fairly common domestic murder and is only really in the news because of who he is? It's not a particularly unusual crime but I may be wrong there.
He was also suspected in a couple of other non-family murders and shootings and was also charged with stealing millions from his disabled and orphaned clients. He was a predator.

There are serial killers who did have friends and family who never suspected them at all. Ted Bundy was very social and well liked. So was BTK, He was a family man who was very big in his church group as an alderman. And he coached his kids little league teams for years.

The man arrested for the Delphi murders, of 2 young girls, was very social. He was a family man and had a lot of hobbies which involved groups of friends. He and was wife played in pool tournaments for years.

Plenty of murderers have been able to hide their dark sides from friends and family.

Besides, she may allegedly be something slightly different from a random serial killer. It could be a form of Munchausens that is attributed to caregivers instead of mothers.

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
2m

He tells the court that results ruled out infection as a cause. He said there was some concern about blood 'not being delivered to the skin in way that is normal'. By 8am on 15 June, Child N's mottling had returned. The doctor took the decision to move him to Nursery 1

Dan O'Donoghue

@MrDanDonoghue
·
2m

Nursery 1 allows for more intensive care and treatment

I've been going back over previous charges knowing what we now know and it puts things into place a bit more:

September 26 2015 (Text)
Letby responds to Ms Griffiths: "Thank you. That's really nice to hear as I gather you are aware of some of the not so positive comments that have been made recently regarding my role which I have found quite upsetting.

Dr Jayaram's testimony:
"Dr Ravi Jayaram said his team first raised concerns about unusual episodes involving babies in October 2015"

"Yes and other colleagues had noticed the association as well"

Not to say the concerns and remarks about her role are related but highlights that people were talking about Lucy and her role in whatever capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helangel