UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It said in opening speeches LL was alone with him in room 2 when she called for help but it doesn't say where the student nurse was. Presumably they took their lunch breaks at the same time?

JMO
Interesting. So all we know is that the student nurse wasn't with her at around 2.40pm when Baby O needed resus. Maybe on lunch, maybe gone home, maybe doing another task. The important part is that the student nurse, who she'd referred to as being glued to her, wasn't there. IMO

(Though there have of course been other occasions where another nurse was present in the room at the time that LL is alleged to have harmed a baby. It would just obviously be a lot easier to do so if there was nobody present)

All IMO

@Dotta, you were right before you edited your last post. I'm sure they will be saying 'lessons have been learned.' I just hope that this time there are practical measures to prove that.

Facebook messaging:
LL says it’s rubbish doctor A is stuck in clinic so he can’t be on the neonatal unit. (mail podcast 21)
LL messages doctor to ask if he will be present in the NNU after he has been at the clinic.
The doctor replies he is.
LL adds the student is 'glued to her'.
LL messages the doctor: 'I lost my handover sheet - found it in the donor milk freezer!! (Clearly I should still be in Ibiza)'
Doctor says he 'dropped some sweets off to keep everyone going'
LL: 'Ahh wondered where they had come from'
LL adds she had forgotten her sandwich, and jokingly asks if she can go home.
Doctor replies there's a cheese roll going spare, then offers to get her something for lunch.
LL: 'Tapas?' She adds: 'It's ok thanks I've got a few bits with me'

Most recent Mail Podcast 21 says after that last message "the messages stop as the crisis unfolds with baby O"

Her remark about the student nurse "glued" to her really got on my nerves.

She should have been thankful for additional pair of hands/help in understaffed place.

And this comment lacks respect towards the student.
As if something unpleasant glued itself to/stuck onto LL.

Argh!!!

JMO

Last edited:
Excerpt from podcast

After 8.51pm (time as reported in court)

Doc: Are you okay?

LL: 'think so, just finishing my notes, can't wait to get home. How are you?'

Doc: Had a moment in the car, bit better now.

LL: Just walking home. Parents very grateful for everything. Nice to have some fresh air.

Doc: Your notes must have taken a long time. Had you documented anything from this morning?

LL: Can’t think straight, so took a while.

I notice no answer to his question.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Talking of CPR

I had another training in my school last week (we have them every year) and the nice paramedic told us:

"Push the heart in the rythm of Staying Alive"

Ah ah ah ah
Staying Alive
Ah ah ah ah

Practise guys

It seems a common knowledge among medics around the world :)

Last edited:
Excerpt from podcast

After 8.51pm (time as reported in court)

Doc: Are you okay?

LL: 'think so, just finishing my notes, can't wait to get home. How are you?'

Doc: Had a moment in the car, bit better now.

LL: Just walking home. Parents very grateful for everything. Nice to have some fresh air.

Doc: Your notes must have taken a long time. Had you documented anything from this morning?

LL: Can’t think straight, so took a while.

I notice no answer to his question.

Wonder if he was referring to anything in particular from the morning, as nothing really happened in the AM did it?

Facebook messaging:
LL says it’s rubbish doctor A is stuck in clinic so he can’t be on the neonatal unit. (mail podcast 21)
LL messages doctor to ask if he will be present in the NNU after he has been at the clinic.
The doctor replies he is.
LL adds the student is 'glued to her'.

.[/URL]

Shows that she had some knowledge that he was in clinic that morning but would be present in the NNU later (If guilty, this could be relevant to the timing of the alleged attack on Baby O, if IMO she may have wanted him to be there to witness her in action during resus, baptism,memory box etc)

All IMO

Wonder if he was referring to anything in particular from the morning, as nothing really happened in the AM did it?
Opening speech -
"There are three records of feeds by Letby, at 8.30am, 10.30am, and 12.30pm - the earliest signed by the student nurse, the latter two signed by Letby.

"After the shift, Letby sent a series of messages to the doctor on Facebook, and to her colleague. She suggested Child O "had a big tummy overnight but just ballooned after lunch and went from there."
Recap: Prosecution opens trial of Lucy Letby accused of Countess of Chester Hospital baby murders

In evidence -
"Letby messages the nursing colleague to say Child O 'went very suddenly' and 'had a big tummy overnight but just ballooned after lunch and went from there'."
Recap: Lucy Letby trial, Wednesday, March 8

I'm thinking she told her doctor friend the same thing, and he assumed the relevance of it was that the overnight problem continued through the morning. Whereas we know the doctor who reviewed baby O at 7.30am, and another doctor who reviewed him at 9.30am said there were no concerns, and he continued to be well for five hours after the morning handover, until he vomited after LL fed him at 12.30pm.

JMO

Last edited:
The father adds: "I am sure it was Lucy Letby who wheeled the two boys to us. She said how sorry she was. "I'm pretty certain she dressed them up."

He said it was Lucy Letby's job to do up the memory box, which included an SD card containing memories of Child O and Child P.

Is this the first mention of photos/memories for the memory boxes being on an SD card? I'd always just assumed they were physical paper photographs, like the one LL had given the parents of Twin F, holding twin E's teddy.

Opening speech -
"There are three records of feeds by Letby, at 8.30am, 10.30am, and 12.30pm - the earliest signed by the student nurse, the latter two signed by Letby.

"After the shift, Letby sent a series of messages to the doctor on Facebook, and to her colleague. She suggested Child O "had a big tummy overnight but just ballooned after lunch and went from there."
Recap: Prosecution opens trial of Lucy Letby accused of Countess of Chester Hospital baby murders

In evidence -
"Letby messages the nursing colleague to say Child O 'went very suddenly' and 'had a big tummy overnight but just ballooned after lunch and went from there'."
Recap: Lucy Letby trial, Wednesday, March 8

I'm thinking she told her doctor friend the same thing, and he assumed the relevance of it was that the overnight problem continued through the morning. Whereas we know the doctor who reviewed baby O at 7.30am, and another doctor who reviewed him at 9.30am said there were no concerns, and he continued to be well for five hours after the morning handover, until he vomited after LL fed him at 12.30pm.

JMO

Ah that would make sense. Her text does suggest that the big overnight tummy problem continued until after lunch, then ballooned. So he probably would assume that there was a lot to document.

Her remark about the student nurse "glued" to her really got on my nerves.

She should have been thankful for additional pair of hands/help in understaffed place.

And this comment lacks respect towards the student.
As if something unpleasant glued itself to/stuck onto LL.

Argh!!!

JMO
To be fair, have you ever looked after a new student? It's definitely not a help!! :). Everybody says/writes stuff like this now & then, I don't think it matters in the slightest.

I noticed in the texts read out on the podcast after Baby O's death. When the doc thanks her for keeping him company. LL responds " Don't be daft. It's a two way thing and what friends are for "

So maybe still just friends, at that point at least.

14.55 on the podcast

To be fair, have you ever looked after a new student? It's definitely not a help!! :). Everybody says/writes stuff like this now & then, I don't think it matters in the slightest.
Well of course the only time it could be of significance, in the present context, is if you don't want to have everything you are doing closely watched by a student.

JMO

I noticed in the texts read out on the podcast after Baby O's death. When the doc thanks her for keeping him company. LL responds " Don't be daft. It's a two way thing and what friends are for "

So maybe still just friends, at that point at least.

14.55 on the podcast

yeah, I think there are signs she's keeping him at arms length, at that time.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member